• 3 weeks later...

So this has probably been discussed on here before, but fuck me if I'm going to trawl through all those pages of posts :LOL:

But does anyone know if Muse are aware that they're not the only ones to use an in-utero hearbeat in one of their songs, The Temper Trap did it first?

I wonder how many weeks it was recorded at for Miracle compared to Follow Me :shifty: There could be some competition for that world record!

• 2 weeks later...

Because I have been talking about Follow Me on another thread and listening to it, I've come over all sentimental. I think what I like about it is that it appears to be about making a connection with someone else that involves long term (forever) commitment.

I've listened to the song an uncountable number of times, and I get sentimental listening to it, still.

I'm not even sure why that would be considered a bad thing.

I think I've definately noticed that any Muse songs that are sentimental, or overdramatically romantic... are often the ones people don't like, and words like "cheesy" get thrown around. :LOL:

With Hoodoo of course being the anomaly.

I think I've definately noticed that any Muse songs that are sentimental, or overdramatically romantic... are often the ones people don't like, and words like "cheesy" get thrown around.

i still cry sometimes while listening to soaked:$

>joke

I know grown men showing their feelings seems so wrong, but I promise you, it'll be alright.

Maybe.

How does it seem wrong? I think it's perfectly normal for men to show their feelings.

Although if some guys really have problems with showing their feelings, I don't think you're really helping. No offence, of course. Just my opinion.

And on the whole "cheesy" thing on many Muse songs...personally I think that most of the time when I think a Muse song as "cheesy" (in a bad way) is when I get the impression that even Muse themselves aren't taking it seriously. And of course sometimes I just don't happen to like the song itself (Guiding Light) and sometimes I happen to really love the song, no matter how cheesy it is (Big Freeze).

Archived