Pre-Order The 2nd Law Deluxe Box Set Now

KirkBot

Derp. Just pre-ordered through .mu and not the US page. :$ Gonna email customer service and hope there's not a difference between the two.

I did the same thing too... Do you think the DVD will be able to play in a US DVD player?

+ .flac audio

And it includes shipping, which (for example) would have been like 20 € for Italy.

Still, I can buy the cd/dvd and vinyl for half the price when it comes out in local stores.

I'm sure I'll be able to download the flac when it comes out.

Not really good value imo.

Is the FLAC pretty much the same as ripping the CD in FLAC? Or is it from some higher rip I don't know about?

CD quality is 16 bit, 44.1kHz so the FLAC version is a hi-res (i.e. higher quality) version. The question is if you have anything to play it on that will take advantage of it.

Hey guys,

I'm new to this forum and became a member because I'm very interested in buying the box set but if someone could help me out a little here that would be greatly appreciated.

On the muse.mu site it is 60 euro and when converted to AUD it is around $70, with free postage and also the HD audio download but on the Australian Muse Shop Site it is $90 + $10 shipping.

What I don't understand is the price differences when they're both still muse sites, correct?

Should I buy it off the .mu site because I do want the HD Audio download and plus it's cheaper anyway. Is this correct or am I mistaken? If I am asking this question in the wrong thread I'm sorry.

- Thanks.

It's 60 pounds, which is 76 Euros. dunno about the aus dollar rate

Okay thanks, that makes a lot more sense. Must have gotten the euro and pounds mixed up. That's closer to the $90 on the australian site so off the .mu site it's free shipping so I guess it's still cheaper.

CD quality is 16 bit, 44.1kHz so the FLAC version is a hi-res (i.e. higher quality) version. The question is if you have anything to play it on that will take advantage of it.

Do you think we can hear any difference between the CD version and the FLAC version with quality headphones ?

So the "limited edition" deluxe box set version..

How limited exactly is it? what does limited even mean?

I bought it coz it looks cool and will make a fantastic addition to my muse collection but can anyone answer my question??

How limited is limited??

Which good players can play flac 24bit 96hkz ? On muse.mu, it's written it's not possible with iTunes.. And vlc isn't that great (always gaps between tracks, the result sounds like compressed, it sounds better on windows media player !).. I use a old player called Aqualung which is the best I found but I don't know if it could play these flac.. So is there a good audio player which can play flac 24bit ?

good question. For me right now the answer is no :(

but I plan to soon get a Wireless Streaming system with a decent DAC :)

Do you think we can hear any difference between the CD version and the FLAC version with quality headphones ?

I big part of that is down to the sound card in your PC and it's DAC.

I'm no expert and just looking into all of this now but I'm guessing if you need to ask then the answer could be no.

does anyone else know?

So the "limited edition" deluxe box set version..

How limited exactly is it? what does limited even mean?

Seriously?

Limited means that they've only made a set amount and aren't making more of them. As for how many they've made, no one knows. I'd assume more than 5000 though.

Seriously?

Limited means that they've only made a set amount and aren't making more of them. As for how many they've made, no one knows. I'd assume more than 5000 though.

haha!! I know what limited "means" thanks!! :D

A poorly constructed sentence I'll admit but I was just wondering what exactly limited meant in terms of numbers!!

I really don't know why anyone would pay £50-60+ for an album. :wtf:

I wouldn't but I'd pay it for a box set.

I can afford it, some people spend that on a nights drinking or 1 weeks worth of smokes. My vice is buying the odd CD,DVD or Blu-ray. So when my favourite band release a box set it's no big deal. The record companies know a great way to make money now is packaging a pile of stuff together and putting it in a box (for mugs like me :)). It's something physical I will always have. I'm not saying collecting is a good thing - it's probably bad but at least I've got something to keep and look back on.

What I don't get is why anyone would spend a fortune on an mp3 site for downloads. Which are poor quality and can only be transferred to a total of 5 different computers. That will be a worthless collection in 25 years. Nothing physical to show for it and probably not able to transfer to an new computer by that stage - Hopefully that problem will be solved soon.

I'm not against box sets in general. Hell, I spent nearly £100 on Coheed And Cambria's Neverender box set, having already spent nearly £100 on tickets to the shows, and then almost spending another £100 on merchandise and transport while I was there. That's a box set of 4 CDs and 5 DVDs though, of four of their albums being performed live for the first time, plus a 90 minute documentary and book full of photos from the tour.

Anything Muse related is just so expensive these days though. Can't pay that for one album, no matter how good the box set I'm afraid. That's just my take on it though. Obviously if you have the money, you're going to get pleasure out of it, and you want it, go for it. I spend a fortune on my guitar stuff these days, but like you say, that's money others might waste (in my opinion) on drinking, etc, so it's down to everyone to get what they want most I guess.

Archived