and also, check this out Jim...dumble price list and "secrecy agreement" from the early 90's.

my favorite parts are about the "analization" and the $50,000 fee if you copy his circuit :facepalm:

:facepalm:

Jim, what do you think of the iPhone 5? I'm mostly underwhelmed but it is quite nice. Camera is a million times better than my 4 and I like the bigger screen. Haven't tried the new headphones. Are the actually worth getting out of the box now?

Basically my reaction is the same as yours - I don't think it's a huge huge difference, but it's a nice upgrade. I really do like the bigger screen, and I think it's perfectly sturdy-feeling (some complain it's too light). For me, LTE makes a huge difference in the quality of service, which is really nice - so far, so good!

The new headphones are nice. The difference in the way they fit for me is amazing - the old ones really hurt my ears, and these are quite nice. Sound quality has improved, IMO, but not a whole lot. Regardless, I'll keep them in my backpack for a quick fix.

i was thinking of getting this one

http://www.fender.com/products/vintage-modified-jazz-bass-70s

the part about 'soft maple' scares me though. isn't maple usually a dense wood?

That's the one I was thinking about; Soft Maple is more to do with the type of maple; soft maple apparently sounds a bit brighter than alder, where hard maple has more mix-cutting properties.

That's the one I was thinking about; Soft Maple is more to do with the type of maple; soft maple apparently sounds a bit brighter than alder, where hard maple has more mix-cutting properties.

so it's probably darker than hard maple and brighter than alder?

that might be a good choice then. i think the bass i already have is made of basswood, but i'm not sure

The squier VM basses are highly regarded, although i've not personally tried them. I agree with Matt that a jazz is more useful in terms of variety of music

This. The more pricey of the Squier basses but there is a sense of quality with them. :)

@Matt, that looks amazing :D

you know what I came across earlier james? a populated cannon board, just missing the jacks, and switch, fully working.

rly

edit:

also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw1LMLZBj3A

sounds much better than the NAMM demo.

I also got the little monster amp today. sounds good, but has a bit more headroom than I expected

So what's everyone's favorite new song instrument-wise?

I adore the guitar on Animals :happy:

Agree with this...Going to have to learn that...Supremacy and Survival sound a lot of fun too...As does the Madness solo...Also, this might be wild card, but I really like the sound on Big Freeze...That intro is kind of MOTP-esque, and then there's a nice clean sound throughout with some really awesome solo-ey stuff towards the end...Animals is amazing throughout though...Definitely learning that when I have time...

I don't have a 7-string guitar to play Supremacy but it should be ok with a A drop tuning.

The end of the Madness solo is quite hard to play...

I love the guitar on animals : a nice Dire Straits clean sound.

Explorers sounds like Invincible but without the awesome tapping solo.

Big freeze is one of my favorite on this album : I love the chorus !

I've not had any time online outside of work. However, I did check out the Jools Holland show with Muse doing "madness" live. I tried to take it seriously, and I did manage for a while, but then there was a totally innapropriate guitar solo followed by the cheesiest of choruses. Not as bad as some of his, but god-awful lyrics as per, and the cunt was really getting in to it. You could see the angst in his face as he sang

I just fell about laughing, honestly. It would be even more funny but for the fact Muse started out as a good band with potential.

MA MA MA MA MA MA MA MA Mad Mad Mad MA MA MA MA MA MA MA MA Mad Mad Mad MA MA MA MA MA MA MA MA Mad Mad Mad MA MA MA MA MA MA MA MA Madness

Archived