Time to bring back the B.O.G

I miss the epic win days

Shame the O got himself permanently banned

I still talk to him occasionally, but I haven't spoken to bshuker in a while. He was busy becoming the next house when I last heard from him

And I still don't know who/what ROLF is.

Speak to Sam all the time still. Ben is uber busy with his medicine aye. I'm a stupidly busy corporate badass now.

I'm the only one who didn't take much of a ban in the end, think I was banned for like a week or something once? Ben got it for two months, and Sam got permabanned several times

Was when Valentin trolled that drop d tuning was a sin, and Esparoba1 and his expanding collection of guitars was a hot topic. Every topic ended with a flame war, and every second topic was someone asking about twisty kaoss pads or map of the problematique's effect on a step flanger (!?).

To all knt noobs, think its harsh here currently? It was a lot worse, lol. I used to dip into main muse, scary stuff in there

Rolf was a typo of rofl that we took too far :p lol

All the MIDI stuff on the Whammy 5 is the same as on the DT...The DT obviously has more as well for the DT options but for the stuff that both pedals have, it's exactly the same...The difference is with the old Whammy 4...

Using MIDI continuous control commands the Whammy’s expression pedal position can be remotely controlled. MIDI CC11 adjusts the expression pedal position. A value of 0 on MIDI CC11 corresponds to a toe up position and a value of 127 corresponds to a toe down position.

The Whammy™ is capable of remotely adjusting the treadle position, as well as turning the Whammy™ effect on and off through the use of MIDI continuous control commands. MIDI CC11 adjusts the treadle position. A value of 0 on MIDI CC11 corresponds to a toe up position and 127 corresponds to a toe down position.

MIDI CC0 is used to turn on and off the Whammy effect. Values from 0 through 64 on MIDI CC0 will turn the Whammy™ effect off, and values from 65 through 127 will turn the effect on.

Whammy 5 and DT are the same though...They don't have the CC0 option which could turn the effect off and let you do momentary MIDI stuff with it...Now it's just like you're moving the treadle remotely...You can find the manuals for all 3 online (which is what I've just done to check) - All the MIDI stuff is different from the old models...But the new models (ie, DT and 5) are the same as each other...Make sense?

So dumb that they make it true bypass and then don't include a midi bypass command...

it makes sense imo, if you can control a switch electronically then it is not really true bypass. (expect for relays) if they used a proper dpdt/3pdt footswitch for the true bypass like every diyers or most pedal companies would then it is impossible to switch it electronically.

it makes sense imo' date=' if you can control a switch electronically then it is not really true bypass. (expect for relays) if they used a proper dpdt/3pdt footswitch for the true bypass like every diyers or most pedal companies would then it is impossible to switch it electronically.[/quote']

The Whammy DT at least though (I don't know about the 5) has the option of switching between true bypass and buffered bypass, so they could still have included it, but state that that MIDI function only works when it's buffered perhaps? I don't know...You can still use the momentary footswitch on the DT when it's true bypassed with no problems so they probably could have implemented something...

lol. trolling the pics thread in banter with spiderman is fun.

In relevant news, someone explain to me how soundcards work with DAWs. I'm getting an APC40 in about 3 weeks time, and I think i'm going to need an external soundcard. Allow me to explain.

With many of the Traktor controllers, for example, they have a headphone jack on them, for things like cueing tracks etc. Ableton controllers lack this. So the site explains that you need an external soundcard for that. What I want to know is, like with ableton controllers, are there certain ones that are specifically set up for ableton, or would any USB sound card do? There's a few nice one floating around that are very affordable, but I don't want to get one if it's not going to work, obviously.

Archived