Unsustainable

the meh:

Big Freeze

Madness, despite the doubleneck bass/kitara live

the bad:

Explorers

Fix'd

To be honest I dunno if I'm missing any out even

Well you said something along the lines that a slow song fits the end of albums perfectly, then say albums aren't like setlists, implying that slow songs can't finish setlists, hence my post. Your whole post confused me

I'm of the opinion that a set list should end with a fast/heavy/rocky song but an album should end with a song calming song. A concert is an event and you should leave with your heart pumping where as an album is like a story and I find slow calming songs give an album a true sense of completion.

I never said slow songs can't finish set-lists but I enjoy concerts with heavy closers better.

Might just be the copy I'm listening to freaking out but can anyone else hear a really nasty edit point on the vocal of 'Save Me'? Around 1:10-1:11 between the words 'in' and 'denial'. It's really jumping out at me now and it's a real shame because it just makes it sound even more like they couldn't be bothered with the production through a lot of that track. Bit of a let down when the live version seems so raw and honest and this sounds like it's still a demo a fair bit of the time.

Might just be the copy I'm listening to freaking out but can anyone else hear a really nasty edit point on the vocal of 'Save Me'? Around 1:10-1:11 between the words 'in' and 'denial'. It's really jumping out at me now and it's a real shame because it just makes it sound even more like they couldn't be bothered with the production through a lot of that track. Bit of a let down when the live version seems so raw and honest and this sounds like it's still a demo a fair bit of the time.

It's less noticeable one my rip but it now you mention it I can here that. I think it's due to the fuck load of reverb plastered over it...

Well, it was finished, but the other guys (and to be fair they're right) don't like the latest master. I've done another 2 masters, so just waiting until we get together on Sunday to chose the final version

We're going to release it online for free, but the actual format isn't finalised yet, hence the completion but no release. Glad you're interested though, check out the album sampler (on facebook) and I will of course spam the entire board when it's finally released (3 weeks at the most I think).

Well, it was finished, but the other guys (and to be fair they're right) don't like the latest master. I've done another 2 masters, so just waiting until we get together on Sunday to chose the final version

We're going to release it online for free, but the actual format isn't finalised yet, hence the completion but no release. Glad you're interested though, check out the album sampler (on facebook) and I will of course spam the entire board when it's finally released (3 weeks at the most I think).

put me down for a copy anyway - i hope it has the same 'content' the last one did!

is your guitarist using the same setup? i know we discussed his amp setup a while back, and that he might change that at some point

also, i'm trading in my squier bass today for something a bit nicer. it plays nice, but sounds a bit... weak? i don't know

well like I say it's free download so fill your boots! The title is "the all important lie detector test" and hopefully there will be some sort of online test you have to pass to access extra stuff. You'll still be able to print out artwork to make a real CD

He hasn't changed his set-up, no, but hopefully i've got a little better at guitar sounds (not sure thb). It's a H&K Warp 7 head through matching 4x12". His main guitars are MIM Tele and Washburn P3. His main sound is the distortion channel, gain dialled right the way back (almost off) and a boss EQ set to fuck knows what. He has some weird EQ settings! I do love the sound but I'm getting a bit sick of the H&K, it's so difficult to tame.

What bass are you getting? If you have a weak sound it's probably more to do with the amp setup, but obviously you can get totally different sounds from a different bass.

I guess it's depending on what James is going to use it for. Imho the Jaguar or SR basses don't have the general use a jazz bass has. I'm more of a JM-person, which means my Precision/Rickenbacker will probably be for sale soon. The Jazz bass is suitable for a more general style than any other bass I know.

I guess it's depending on what James is going to use it for. Imho the Jaguar or SR basses don't have the general use a jazz bass has. I'm more of a JM-person, which means my Precision/Rickenbacker will probably be for sale soon. The Jazz bass is suitable for a more general style than any other bass I know.

More info on both basses would be nice when the time arises :D

i was thinking of getting this one

http://www.fender.com/products/vintage-modified-jazz-bass-70s

the part about 'soft maple' scares me though. isn't maple usually a dense wood?

and also, check this out Jim...dumble price list and "secrecy agreement" from the early 90's.

my favorite parts are about the "analization" and the $50,000 fee if you copy his circuit :facepalm:

Archived