:LOL: That's excellent. Thank gawd, this place would go to ruin without a bit of Jay.

pretty sure he still browses this very board from time to time. he did sign up in 2012 to show us his mansion copy, but it resulted in yet another ban, and this being posted on mueslive

Since the official muse forum is still full of moderators stuck up their own behind

JAYLOL.jpg

#fixed

Oh I'm so lolarious! ;)

On a more relavent note, is there any difference between one expression pedal and the next? Same with volume pedals?

gZwSV.gif

Only Jabnit would have his selfie taken by someone else though.

And I don't know. Doesn't the pot value just vary? Or am I thinking of volume pedals?

I'll just come out and say it... are you going to make a fuzz factory with the stab control on an expression pedal? or one that I can plug MIDI into?

Was going to post this in the other thread, but that's about food discussion now.

Dom, you covered a Marmozets song recently, didn't you? Link?

[soundcloud]

[/soundcloud]

Think there's a tiiiiny bit of latency as it was all plugins on pro tools and I swear throughout it's just the tiniest bit out, but yeah

I'll just come out and say it... are you going to make a fuzz factory with the stab control on an expression pedal? or one that I can plug MIDI into?

lel no.

I'm considering an M5 with an expression pedal. And volume pedal so I can make swell sounds.

Nah you're alright. There's a shop near me that sells both, and I'll go in there and test it out. But thanks for the help. I was under the impression that an M5 with an expression pedal sounded great, but I didn't know anyone that did it that way.

JAEMS!

Nos. Am i doin it rite?

Rushun Jermanum Diods. Rushun Jermanumum Transistors and Subminie Twin Tryods.

*Transistrs

Is this for the reverb pedl?

Don't forget to vote kittens in the awards!

Dave in younger muser, the mods, best moment for degooping.

Don't forget macaroon for best (only?) n00b

*Trnsrnnsssnnstrs

Is this for the reverb pedl?

Its for many things! The 3d printed fuzz may have those transistors, there will definitely be a few big muffs in there, 2 reverbs, a tube boost/drive, and probably another preamp.

Its for many things! The 3d printed fuzz may have those transistors, there will definitely be a few big muffs in there, 2 reverbs, a tube boost/drive, and probably another preamp.

Are those subminie twin tryods still available today? I know many tube types aren't made anymore. I know ampeg amps use some weird ones.

Also, I never got a request to send in a picture for sexiest male muser. Should I be concerned? I had one ready and everything...

They're not made anymore as far as I know, but there is a lot if them around, and they're quite cheap. One thing I always liked about twin triodes, sub mini or otherwise, is that there is a huge variety out there. Their operation is ultimately the same principal, usually only voltage changes. With most of them though, there is such a wide bracket of operational voltage that once you're in that bracket, you'll get good results.

So if you get one type of triodes, and it sounds great, but then becomes unavailable, something else will probably sound similar or better. Toan isn't an exact science in my mind.

They're not made anymore as far as I know, but there is a lot if them around, and they're quite cheap. One thing I always liked about twin triodes, sub mini or otherwise, is that there is a huge variety out there. Their operation is ultimately the same principal, usually only voltage changes. With most of them though, there is such a wide bracket of operational voltage that once you're in that bracket, you'll get good results.

So if you get one type of triodes, and it sounds great, but then becomes unavailable, something else will probably sound similar or better. Toan isn't an exact science in my mind.

Fair enough then. I don't know if ampegs have substitutes than can be used without modifying the amps though... I had one several years back and sold it before replacing tubes WHICH NEVER HAPPENS

and of course not. tone is an art.

:stunned:

Also, saw Olly tweet this question, and thought it was interesting so I'm posting it here

What would your stage intro music be if you were in a band?

There's really only one answer to that...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COy_JKXtzvE

but honestly, I can't think of a decent one

what about the rest of you?

James there is a lot of similar ones. Some need very minor modifications, and I've also heard of amps and effects having pots that can be adjusted to rebias if you're using alternative tubes. That being said, I haven't seen it in a schematic. I've a few full size twin triodes to play with too, but they'll need larger enclosures. Definitely going to try them with that small blue reverb tank!

James there is a lot of similar ones. Some need very minor modifications, and I've also heard of amps and effects having pots that can be adjusted to rebias if you're using alternative tubes. That being said, I haven't seen it in a schematic. I've a few full size twin triodes to play with too, but they'll need larger enclosures. Definitely going to try them with that small blue reverb tank!

what full size ones?

too many cats

edit: and not enough recordings of dat sexy ass deep voice

You do realize those have the pitch lowered, right?

Archived