hmm...trying to piece together the SFTD live pedalboard.. or at least one of them

??? > hughes and kettner tube rotosphere > boss overdrive (SD-1?) > EB volume pedal > GE-7 > echodrive

not as exciting as I was hoping.

order probably isn't correct, and that pedal at the beginning is either an A/B box (for switching between the ampegs and bad cat?) or some sort of overdrive which I'll never identify.

there's also this weird pedal with two switches beneath the lap steel which says "bonus" on it...guessing it's a switcher as there aren't any other controls

thanks chaps. That's both incredibly helpful, and incredibly not helpful.

In anycase, my three days off are over and i'm back studying, but at least i have a shit tonne of parts on the way now, including a new heatbed, various relays, nos germanium transistors, and some submini tubes. I love sending out invoices.

hahaha yeah i had to seriously restrain myself from buying a load of sexy caps. They had some nice pio ones, and some other really tasty ones, but I'm trying to keep things small and neat for the moment. I made a start on the first of the 3d printed pedals. It's gonna be not unlike a fuzz factory, but with only 3 controls, and it wont oscillate if you breathe near it.

edit:

Them caps tho. makes me wanna build an amp :(

hahaha yeah i had to seriously restrain myself from buying a load of sexy caps. They had some nice pio ones, and some other really tasty ones, but I'm trying to keep things small and neat for the moment. I made a start on the first of the 3d printed pedals. It's gonna be not unlike a fuzz factory, but with only 3 controls, and it wont oscillate if you breathe near it.

edit:

Them caps tho. makes me wanna build an amp :(

You can have some if you want. It's not like most of them will ever get used :facepalm:

I think out of the restoration and build projects, I've used two sets of new production caps (most of which are still available) and maybe four of those old philips caps.

and will it sound like the FF but with less twisty kaoss? If so, I want one.

James, I did get to try out the new Supro reissues. I wasn't a huge fan.

What didn't you like about it? And did you grab that JHS pedal off the shelf or do you actually carry yours around with you? :pope:

I saw recently that shrew said he wasn't going to be building amps anymore... but that quote I posted said they were. One guy is saying that new company doesn't have anything to do with shrew and eric

When i spoke to shrew earlier this year (sorry son, I deleted the email with his iPhone 4 number) he explained what happened and it does match up with that quote...

#dodgy

Yeah exactly. So far, the differences are a little more gain between the two germanium transistors, a little more gain from the first gain stage, and at the moment I'm playing with the gate control to get a fixed value for it.

all of my want

have any builders done this 3D printer PCB thing before? Because that will open up a whole new can of worms on TGP about PCBs being inferior...

"THEY MAKE YOUR TONE MORE 3D!"

all of my want

have any builders done this 3D printer PCB thing before? Because that will open up a whole new can of worms on TGP about PCBs being inferior...

"THEY MAKE YOUR TONE MORE 3D!"

As far as I know, no. I'm not on tgp but I must go have a look there after my exams. It'll be an interesting experiment. I'm hoping it'll help cut down on inconsistencies between when I breadboard something to test it out and when I solder it to a board.

So, I'm now done modifying the schematic. Tested it on the two versions I'm going to make, and although both sound really nice, and are surprisingly versatile, I actually prefer the silicon version. its dirtier and when you turn both bias and fuzz to full, it'll just start to oscillate at low frequencies. The germanium one feels bassier, so I'll be changing the input and output caps on that to compensate for the drop in mids and highs (currently using 4u7 on the input and 2u2 on the output - changed to 0.1u and 1u on the ge version).

End result, does it sound like a fuzz factory, well on certain settings, yes, but there is a lot of changes to the fuzz factory schematic. the base schematic is very similar, but almost all the values have been changed. This one feels far more managable, and the different fuzz sounds are all much easier to dial in, without the fear of it going "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" or "BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ" like bellzors kzaozz pad.

I'll do clips on the 7th/8th of january. Till then, exams.

:LOL:

HWEmzjr.jpg

That's why I'm doing what I can to get pots mounted on boards to save time and effort.

It would have helped if I'd made the PCB bigger and used a bigger box. Everything has been squeezed in like crazy! And I haven't even started wiring the pots and switches and jacks up!

What didn't you like about it? And did you grab that JHS pedal off the shelf or do you actually carry yours around with you? :pope:

I saw recently that shrew said he wasn't going to be building amps anymore... but that quote I posted said they were. One guy is saying that new company doesn't have anything to do with shrew and eric

When i spoke to shrew earlier this year (sorry son, I deleted the email with his iPhone 4 number) he explained what happened and it does match up with that quote...

#dodgy

Huh. I don't about all that.

But no, I grabbed that JHS pedal from their shelf - mine is earlier than V.2 :phu:

I don't know, it just had a really sterile tone. There wasn't the same character that the old Supros have. It was loud but it had too much headroom for a Supro. Wasn't my thing.

Archived