it happens to be when a lot of people are most creative. That's why I keep a sketchbook beside my bed. It's full of architecture. I sometimes look at ideas I had from right before I fall asleep and think "What the actual fuck?"

In other news, opinions on best ANALOG reverb? Doesn't matter if it's from an amp or a stand alone pedal.

EMT 140 which is probably the most famous reverb of all time

I started a band last August, and we got an offer of a gig on Friday next week. But I'm confused by the condition saying I have to bring drum skins, but not drums. Why?

Normally you get asked to bring your own breakables so cymbals and stuff, never heard of someone asking to bring drum skins. You sure that's what they meant? Can't be that practical either

Normally you get asked to bring your own breakables so cymbals and stuff, never heard of someone asking to bring drum skins. You sure that's what they meant? Can't be that practical either

More I think of it I mistook it for amplifier heads. :chuckle::facepalm:

I'm tired and I just got back from ice-cold football reporting. In any case I have my own stands and cymbals - which would've been needed - but not drum amps or mics, which is something I need to source.

More I think of it I mistook it for amplifier heads. :chuckle::facepalm:

I'm tired and I just got back from ice-cold football reporting. In any case I have my own stands and cymbals - which would've been needed - but not drum amps or mics, which is something I need to source.

Can't imagine mics would be a big problem to just use the ones there. It's worth contacting the headline band to see if you can use their amps/heads. They may say yes

I started a band last August, and we got an offer of a gig on Friday next week. But I'm confused by the condition saying I have to bring drum skins, but not drums. Why?

I've asked my drummer. He says some venues have drums without skins, although it is a very weird request. He says it would probably be less hassle to just bring your kit.

Also, a lot of house kits are wrecked (might be why they want you to bring skins). It's better to bring your own kit.

Can't imagine mics would be a big problem to just use the ones there. It's worth contacting the headline band to see if you can use their amps/heads. They may say yes

Sounds like a better plan tbh.

I've asked my drummer. He says some venues have drums without skins, although it is a very weird request. He says it would probably be less hassle to just bring your kit.

... odd. The message came as "drum sells and cabs" so I'm wondering about the wording and I'm trying to figure out what if anything the typo is.

My £200 kit is a bit shitty anyway and the bass drum leg is broken. Keep meaning to replace it - maybe if/when I get the cash.

... odd. The message came as "drum sells and cabs" so I'm wondering about the wording and I'm trying to figure out what if anything the typo is.

My £200 kit is a bit shitty anyway and the bass drum leg is broken. Keep meaning to replace it - maybe if/when I get the cash.

Drum shells?

But yeah, just contact the headline act and see what gear they'd be able to share

As Dom said, find out what the other bands are doing. And good luck ;)

Related live question. Two more student loans left. Oh heavens no. Amongst other stuff looking to get some mics for live use. Drum mics, any recommended ones for kick and toms?

Also Hayden is back (again again again etc for good) on Tuesday, from Hayden themselves. Only 3 years in the making...

Edit: I said related, not really related at all

Related live question. Two more student loans left. Oh heavens no. Amongst other stuff looking to get some mics for live use. Drum mics, any recommended ones for kick and toms?

Also Hayden is back (again again again etc for good) on Tuesday, from Hayden themselves. Only 3 years in the making...

Edit: I said related, not really related at all

These are what we use. They haven't put us wrong yet.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/shure_pgdmk6xlr.htm

Yeah I saw a demo of the head version recently - sounded great.

Been pretty curious about this too. It's about $150 it seems

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVhkchAMni8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDG1h7IR54g

There's also a matching cabinet with an 8" speaker, but it would probably sound loads better through a V30 or any other 12" speaker.

Just realised that the secret Jabnit pic I had in my signature has disappeared :(. I feel like a tiny part of his magic is gone from this board now so will be attaching gaudy red dice knobs to my Strat and making offensive posts from dupe accounts in his honour.

Yeah, every imageshack picture seems to have disappeared...or maybe I'm still on their naughty list :indiff:

I made another one up just for you.

BcnJkcq.jpg

Yeah, every imageshack picture seems to have disappeared...or maybe I'm still on their naughty list :indiff:

I made another one up just for you. #selfie

BcnJkcq.jpg

#fixed

Oh I'm so lolarious! ;)

On a more relavent note, is there any difference between one expression pedal and the next? Same with volume pedals?

Archived