bonerkiller

Sorry, I thought you knew what happened back when everyone found out my secret :ninja:

Apart from boring old 12AX7/12AY7, I have 6BQ7A, 6JK8, some mullard EL85 pentodes, and some weird russian OTK13 pentodes, which I could never get to work.

Never heard of any of those. were you able to get the mullards cheap? I paid way too much for a quad of EL34s a few years back, but I can see them outliving me.

Also, Jim, my souldier strap arrived yesterday. A+ seller, would deal with again.

I found the mullards in an old turntable. Paid $10 for that, and got a few 12AX7s out of them too.

You mean... mullard ECC83s? :pope: Do you know if they're any good?

I need to go looking for stuff like that more often. I rarely have projects in mind when looking for junk at garage sales and stuff, so I don't really consider finding hundreds worth of tubes in something I could buy for $10 :twitchy:

best I found was that old silvertone chassis for practically nothing. RCA tubes and everything. I think it's still in the closet in the other room, along with the reverb tank poltergeist.

and a case that actually fitted the londaxe (which someone was throwing out).

So what's you're current main amp and/or peddlols?

peddles:

TC polytune > digitech WHAMMY 5 > keeley fuzz head > whirlwind phaser > EHX micro POG > zcat infinite reverb

in loop:

TC flashback delay > stone deaf fx PDF-1

amp is this one that my amp guy builds. one guy described it as marshall meets dumblol distorteds (not sure if I agree with that) with a hiwatt type clean sound

just two channels and the peddles for additional tonezrodrigwtf

Also, moving the discussion here, how does I fireworks?

yeah I don't know what happened there. Should be able to just resolder it though.

The more I think about it, the more I realise I dont want/need a whammy ever again.

Even if it enhances your ability to jack white?

Dom. Has your new mate come round with your amp yet? And does it work now?

Also, the US doesn't have one hour delivery windows...which is a bit inconvenient

Was saying here I was worried about drum heads. The gig was tonight and it transpires they had bass drum, toms and mics, and I had to bring cymbals, stands, snare and sticks. Luckily I had all these (and I bought more).

Gig went well from a playing it POV. Other bands were pretty cool too.

On a fender scale guitar, what's the heaviest gauge string set you can use while still comfortably using standard?

I'm fine with 11-56, but haven't tried anything heavier in standard

Also, Jim, if there was ever a time that you made your old man proud...

We like to congratulate and thank Jim on the shopping spree he's been on with us this past month!

Damn... I need to try harder.

Congrats though. The silver jets are great.

On a fender scale guitar, what's the heaviest gauge string set you can use while still comfortably using standard?

I used to have 13s on my strat for all the drop C but with extra tremolol strings it just about handled standard... My fingers turned to rock after a few weeks :LOL:

I used to have 13s on my strat for all the drop C but with extra tremolol strings it just about handled standard... My fingers turned to rock after a few weeks :LOL:

How were they for bends? I have 13's in C standard on one guitar, but ended up replacing the wound G for a plain 22

for drop C, I've got these

http://www.ernieball.com/products/electric-strings/1669/beefy-slinky-nickel-wound

Was saying here I was worried about drum heads. The gig was tonight and it transpires they had bass drum, toms and mics, and I had to bring cymbals, stands, snare and sticks. Luckily I had all these (and I bought more).

Gig went well from a playing it POV. Other bands were pretty cool too.

Great to hear :D

Archived