He may have been, definitely one or two of the pedals in the middle front, the rest just stayed on :)

hmm ok then

also, i'm not sure why this user is showing up in "people you may know"

No idea at all.

U6xm0fB.jpg

Do you know them?

edit:

I've noticed two others as well :wtf:

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. What does it have written across the front?

Also, Jim... if there was ever a time for you to pull out from your transaction with elliott man...

https://reverb.com/item/320215-revival-amps-8e1-2014-blue-with-blue-grill

What happened to that dodgy relic thing you were buying? The jazzmaster with high output humbuckers

Also, Jim... if there was ever a time for you to pull out from your transaction with elliott man...

https://reverb.com/item/320215-revival-amps-8e1-2014-blue-with-blue-grill

What happened to that dodgy relic thing you were buying? The jazzmaster with high output humbuckers

Haha. It's still in the works. Probably done in around a month.

Haha. It's still in the works. Probably done in around a month.

That was quick. I hope you're satisfied with the length of dan man

's transaction.

What is the final spec of this? I remember you told me that he was the one choosing the pickups and stuff, which seems unethical... :noey:

That was quick. I hope you're satisfied with the length of dan man

's transaction.

What is the final spec of this? I remember you told me that he was the one choosing the pickups and stuff, which seems unethical... :noey:

Haha. I think I will be...I'm very excited for both of the, ahem, transactions which I'm waiting on at the moment. It's going to be black with a tort guard, bridge pickup in the rhythm circuit, he chooses the pickups he thinks sound best. Good thing I trust him!

Haha. I think I will be...I'm very excited for both of the, ahem, transactions which I'm waiting on at the moment. It's going to be black with a tort guard, bridge pickup in the rhythm circuit, he chooses the pickups he thinks sound best. Good thing I trust him!

What's the other one? did you already initiate your second transaction with the elliott man?

Is the neck pickup usually the one in the rhythm circuit? Does this affect the sound that it has when the little switch is in the other position? (the magic switch next to those two roller pots)

And that doesn't really sound like a man I would want to have a transaction with. I realize he's considered a 'heck of a guy' on TGP, but he lets you pick only some of the specs for your custom guitar?

Is he insecure about his... features?

What's the other one? did you already initiate your second transaction with the elliott man?

Is the neck pickup usually the one in the rhythm circuit? Does this affect the sound that it has when the little switch is in the other position? (the magic switch next to those two roller pots)

And that doesn't really sound like a man I would want to have a transaction with. I realize he's considered a 'heck of a guy' on TGP, but he lets you pick only some of the specs for your custom guitar?

Is he insecure about his... features?

Yep, I'm waiting on both guitars now. The neck pickup is normally in the rhythm circuit, but it's such a dark and *ahem* niche tone, I'm willing to try something different. It won't affect the magic switch when it's not engaged :LOL: His method is definitely unusual (although he considers these more like guitars he builds with a certain person in mind, rather than true "custom" guitars), but if this guitar is even half as good as most people say they are then I'm sure I'll be real happy with it.

Yep, I'm waiting on both guitars now. The neck pickup is normally in the rhythm circuit, but it's such a dark and *ahem* niche tone, I'm willing to try something different. It won't affect the magic switch when it's not engaged :LOL: His method is definitely unusual (although he considers these more like guitars he builds with a certain person in mind, rather than true "custom" guitars), but if this guitar is even half as good as most people say they are then I'm sure I'll be real happy with it.

Since the telliott isn't a signature model, how much can you customize that one?

I understand he builds from the ground up anyway. Does dan_man™ use all parts bodies? seems like most of the highly regarded luthiers on TGP just slap together allparts/warmoth parts and put their name on the headstock...

I remember this one time at band camp this guy on a well known but now defunct "musician" community would slap together warmoth necks and all parts bodies with his name on the headstock, and he had all the accountants high school drop outs wanting to get their hands on his 25.5" wooden sword...

I hope this was worth selling your PRE CBS jazzmaster for. At least you got the amp anyway.

Very interested in how this bridge pickup mod sounds anyway. I do like the stock configuration, but if putting the bridge pickup in can make me a better player...?

So I've been playing on a Vox AC15VR for 5 years and I tested a Blackstar Club 40 Vintage Pro Limited Edition that I can buy new for €690.

I always figured I'd just buy a real Vox AC15 as a replacement, but I really love the range of tone you can get from the Blackstar and it's overdrive channel sounds pretty beefy so I don't need an overdrive pedal.

Anyone got some experience with these amps? I'm guessing they don't differ too much from the normal BlackStar Club 40's.

Cheers!

I redid my 'dream' pedalboard design.

I went a little bit mental.

10573790_1028807247145465_289457534_o.jpg?oh=a7e5e365f90624b5f41c6ecf6c2e36ec&oe=54502ACD&__gda__=1414463837_9116913e81d2d358729ba20e48edca12

Nice, does the bass whammy have a harmonizer function on it?

I occasionally think it's pointless for me to have the micro POG on my board when I have the whammy which can do the same thing, BUT... the micro POG tracks slightly better, and...!! you can adjust the level of each octave.

Plus it does have the ability to blend in a dry signal, which is pretty useful. Sometimes I tend to use +1 and -1 octave only, and sometimes dry and -1 octave.

I occasionally think it's pointless for me to have the micro POG on my board when I have the whammy which can do the same thing, BUT... the micro POG tracks slightly better, and...!! you can adjust the level of each octave.

Plus it does have the ability to blend in a dry signal, which is pretty useful. Sometimes I tend to use +1 and -1 octave only, and sometimes dry and -1 octave.

Yep.

I have the POG on there for octave stuff (I tune down to Drop C a lot so normal octave pedals can't get low enough). Plus in combination with the whammy I could build some huge sounds.

My guitarist has a POG and he is always using it.

For my guitar playing i have a micro POG AND Whammy and I actually prefer the POGs sound for just standard octave stuff. If I'm playing Muse stuff i'll use the Whammy but I've found i have a much bigger preference for the POG for pretty much everything else, especially octave lower.

Since the telliott isn't a signature model, how much can you customize that one?

I understand he builds from the ground up anyway. Does dan_man™ use all parts bodies? seems like most of the highly regarded luthiers on TGP just slap together allparts/warmoth parts and put their name on the headstock...

I remember this one time at band camp this guy on a well known but now defunct "musician" community would slap together warmoth necks and all parts bodies with his name on the headstock, and he had all the accountants high school drop outs wanting to get their hands on his 25.5" wooden sword...

I hope this was worth selling your PRE CBS jazzmaster for. At least you got the amp anyway.

Very interested in how this bridge pickup mod sounds anyway. I do like the stock configuration, but if putting the bridge pickup in can make me a better player...?

There's not much customization available for the signature Elliotts, like with the MB-1s. Dan Man uses Guitar Mill bodies, which is sort of like a boutique Allparts, I guess. I think it will be - as long as it's more usable and still retains that VINTAGE TOAN AND FEEL, all's well. I'll be sure to let you know how my playing improves with the bridge pickup mod, too :LOL:

Archived