Completely fine for me. Aside from Pro Tools 10 I've had no issues with Yosemite

The biggest problem is with trim enabler for the SSD I installed. There's some security feature which doesn't want things like this to be used, but I have to disable that feature completely for trim enabler to work.

There's not much customization available for the signature Elliotts, like with the MB-1s. Dan Man uses Guitar Mill bodies, which is sort of like a boutique Allparts, I guess. I think it will be - as long as it's more usable and still retains that VINTAGE TOAN AND FEEL, all's well. I'll be sure to let you know how my playing improves with the bridge pickup mod, too :LOL:

Why didn't you just buy another MB-1 then? That would have made much more sense.

I was afraid of that. What does he charge for participation in a transaction? I realize this might be one of those things you're not comfortable telling your old man, but let me tell you this... I've been in transactions with many male luthiers, and as long as you choose wisely, you won't end up with splinters and an empty wallet.

Why didn't you just buy another MB-1 then? That would have made much more sense.

I was afraid of that. What does he charge for participation in a transaction? I realize this might be one of those things you're not comfortable telling your old man, but let me tell you this... I've been in transactions with many male luthiers, and as long as you choose wisely, you won't end up with splinters and an empty wallet.

They're about $2200

They're about $2200

I'd pay about half that, maybe a bit more if the relic'ing job is convincing

But to me, it's still worth it. The satisfaction you get each time you post in a "Let's see your jazzmasters!" thread on TGP can't be measured. Just look at the middle aged single men commenting on your guitar... soon they will be "thinning the herd" and buying their own dan man™ guitar

Do you find it a bit weird that half of TGP hates relic guitars, yet 95% of the users are relics themselves? I guess you're in the minority... for now

I'd pay about half that, maybe a bit more if the relic'ing job is convincing

But to me, it's still worth it. The satisfaction you get each time you post in a "Let's see your jazzmasters!" thread on TGP can't be measured. Just look at the middle aged single men commenting on your guitar... soon they will be "thinning the herd" and buying their own dan man™ guitar

I think his prices are pretty fair. He's not trying to hide that his bodies come from a local parts supply, and his relic jobs do look unbelievably good. They also sound and play, by all accounts, fantastically. I don't think that $1100 would even cover the cost of parts, considering he's using high-quality locally-made bodies, boutique pickups, real tort guard, and spraying and relic'ing the nitro finish himself. It's about the same cost as a parts-assembed Manson ;)

I think his prices are pretty fair. He's not trying to hide that his bodies come from a local parts supply, and his relic jobs do look unbelievably good. They also sound and play, by all accounts, fantastically. I don't think that $1100 would even cover the cost of parts, considering he's using high-quality locally-made bodies, boutique pickups, real tort guard, and spraying and relic'ing the nitro finish himself. It's about the same cost as a parts-assembed Manson ;)

Where do the necks come from?

And don't be silly, they're just CNC'd and assembled by hand like elliott :phu:

Started playing around with the GR-55 a bit last again last night. Been ill for the past couple of weeks, so I haven't had chance to get near any of my guitar stuff really. I'd already been through a quick test of all the presets, but I started work on making one of my own patches last night, and there's some interesting options I hadn't considered before, in terms of crossfading between different settings and stuff with the expression pedal.

The modelling stuff is pretty decent anyway. Not anyway near as good as your natural amp sound, obviously, but not bad for using different tunings or effects as an alternative option or whatever. The PCM stuff requires a bit more care because the tracking can go a bit haywire if you're not careful, and you have to pay attention when transitioning between notes and so on. Fiddled about with the attack and release options to try and get that sounding a bit more natural anyway.

It's interesting at least. Definitely worth spending some time going through and making a host of user patches on to play around with. Plenty of stuff you can do with it.

Started playing around with the GR-55 a bit last again last night. Been ill for the past couple of weeks, so I haven't had chance to get near any of my guitar stuff really. I'd already been through a quick test of all the presets, but I started work on making one of my own patches last night, and there's some interesting options I hadn't considered before, in terms of crossfading between different settings and stuff with the expression pedal.

The modelling stuff is pretty decent anyway. Not anyway near as good as your natural amp sound, obviously, but not bad for using different tunings or effects as an alternative option or whatever. The PCM stuff requires a bit more care because the tracking can go a bit haywire if you're not careful, and you have to pay attention when transitioning between notes and so on. Fiddled about with the attack and release options to try and get that sounding a bit more natural anyway.

It's interesting at least. Definitely worth spending some time going through and making a host of user patches on to play around with. Plenty of stuff you can do with it.

8.75/10, could be a bit wordier

But yeah that's basically how I feel about the GP-10. The pitch bend is really poor in the way of tracking though...like... worse than the whammy IV.

how is the pitch bend tracking on the GR-55?

Do you mean expression pedal pitch shifting or string bending? I know the option to use the expression pedal like a Whammy or Wah pedal is there, but I haven't really put it through it's paces that much on that kind of thing yet. It feels quite loose, I guess, and I wouldn't expect it to be as good as a proper Whammy pedal or anything. I think it is still polyphonic though, I didn't get any glitching when I tried it briefly.

In terms of string bending or anything, I think it rather depends what you're emulating or modelling. The tracking on that seems okay though, it's more when you're switching frets or strings on the PCM stuff that you have to be careful about triggering subtle harmonics and stuff. Depends how you've got the sensitivity set up as well though.

Do you mean expression pedal pitch shifting or string bending? I know the option to use the expression pedal like a Whammy or Wah pedal is there, but I haven't really put it through it's paces that much on that kind of thing yet. It feels quite loose, I guess, and I wouldn't expect it to be as good as a proper Whammy pedal or anything. I think it is still polyphonic though, I didn't get any glitching when I tried it briefly.

In terms of string bending or anything, I think it rather depends what you're emulating or modelling. The tracking on that seems okay though, it's more when you're switching frets or strings on the PCM stuff that you have to be careful about triggering subtle harmonics and stuff. Depends how you've got the sensitivity set up as well though.

Damn... missed Bs when he was online AGAIN.

I mean like the whammy pitch bend function. It's glitchy as hell...I have no idea if the GP-10's pitch bend patch is polyphonic, but if it is, I'd be surprised.

Did you try the GR-55 with and without the magic box I sent you? I only tried it with the GP-10 for a short time, but did notice a bit of a difference.

They should've done a bit more with the whole priest/devil thing... maybe bang, smoke, laughter?

edit: fuck!

What about it? I thought I got a fairly good setlist when I saw them last July, but it doesn't compare to the one from last night ALSO I might have inquired about buying Josh's old Ovation guitar... ffs

Please tell me that's a klone

That depends... are klons/klones/kölns/KTR/etc supposed to have the fragile harmonics of a dumblol amp? I always thought the klon was just another modded tube screamer, and not necessarily based on that sound.

When I say that sound, I mean this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PpAG8gTURw

So yeah, if the way huge can make me sound like that, I'll take six of them.

Damn... missed Bs when he was online AGAIN.

I mean like the whammy pitch bend function. It's glitchy as hell...I have no idea if the GP-10's pitch bend patch is polyphonic, but if it is, I'd be surprised.

Did you try the GR-55 with and without the magic box I sent you? I only tried it with the GP-10 for a short time, but did notice a bit of a difference.

Hey, I haven't tried it without the buffer, I connected it all up as soon as I got it, and the less I have to disconnect the better. I'm already going to have to undo and redo it all next summer at some point. Whammy DT is definitely the best for pitch-shifting I think, but the GR-55 definitely doesn't seem bad, by any means, just not as good. I haven't really tested it that much though. I've tried some octave up and octave down stuff though, and it seemed fairly normal.

Also, just downloaded that best of kyuss album. Never knew some of these songs existed, but then I still don't have that first album they released

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVnMrZ--3Qo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruy_tFmMn6Y

I've now got their last 3 albums after I had a bit of fun in a record store :LOL:

I've yet to find their first 2 anywhere though.

Right, so...

I might have agreed to buy Homme's broken guitar. :facepalm: What's worse is that it's going to cost me more than what I paid for the other one, which is in decent enough shape.

Should be a fun project anyway, but I probably will just do the electronics and hardware, and have someone else sort out the headstock bit if necessary.

Archived