No idea mate, sounds more like a Blue Box. The vg8 subs 're all pretty polite sounding, not. Like that at all.

Yeah it's weird. Customized patch maybe?

I think the blue box sounds a bit too polite compared to that even. Here's another one from the same show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoB1DVWBe0Q

3:31

What's interesting is that the soldano seems to be on the clean channel during that, and the marshall... that might be the main distorted sound, but he's not going to get a 'modern' high gain sound out of it (it looks like an early 80's vertical input JCM 800 2203/2204 :nerd: )

only other amp is the JC120 (?) but I assume that's just being fed the signal from the other amps, but with delay added in (wet/dry setup or whatever)

a bit stumped really. I had a picture of his pedalboard from around that time, and there wasn't much besides that homemade channel switcher and the VG-8. Certainly no octave pedals or anything like that - the whammy wasn't even added at that point.

Could be the bass?

Nah I'm certain it's the guitar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okVKReyxG-I

17:25 he switches the effect on and off. I also think he has two different effects that are run at once... there's the sub octave effect, but also a mid boost that's pretty obvious in the uno video above.

Also here, around 5:55

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcZYZFPi5L4

Looks like it could be two separate pedals though, but I still don't think he had the EQ on his board at that point

:awesome:

I just got nice discounts on a JHS Twin Twelve and an EQD Ghost Echo.

Wait, is JHS making a peddle based on the jack white amp?

I bought the basic audio scarab deluxe fuzz, and the cusack subfuzz octave fuzz (hopefully this one isn't as glitchy as that other one I had)

Wait, is JHS making a peddle based on the jack white amp?

I bought the basic audio scarab deluxe fuzz, and the cusack subfuzz octave fuzz (hopefully this one isn't as glitchy as that other one I had)

Yeah, it sounds real cool. And the guy from Colony House uses one, so.

Huh. I've heard of both of those but never played either. I have a Cusack trem though, and it's great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2BKwTGeleg

http://shootout.fm/

interesting. Did you see this Jim? They have a section for delay pedals

Huh. Seems like it will never be able to be variable enough to give everyone what they're looking for, especially if it's in sound clips rather than a full-length demo. Actually, it just seems really ineffective to me. Kinda like when PGS had the thing where they modeled effects that you could play your guitar through online or something? I can't even remember now.

Except blind mode. That seems pretty interesting. But honestly, there's just no substitute for playing things yourself. Taste and playing style are too individual.

TL;DR: I'm not psyched about it.

You forgot to mention that tone is subjective.

I think it's an interesting idea, but I'm not sure how it will work out. The main thing is that you're stuck using one setting on the pedals from what I can tell, although you can use different guitars and styles of playing

Would like to get into soldering guitar stuff. Any good affordable soldering iron (kits?) I should look at?

Usually you can get one pretty cheap at hobby shops and stuff. There's loads at places like Hobby Lobby and Sears (hobby shop/hardware store). Not sure what the across-the-pond equivalent would be, but I'm sure it exists.

Usually you can get one pretty cheap at hobby shops and stuff. There's loads at places like Hobby Lobby and Sears (hobby shop/hardware store). Not sure what the across-the-pond equivalent would be, but I'm sure it exists.

Yeah, I'm just wondering whether I should just get a cheap one or if it's worth spending a little more on a more decent one

Would like to get into soldering guitar stuff. Any good affordable soldering iron (kits?) I should look at?

Buy a soldering station, they don't need to be expensive, but variable temperature, a sponge for cleaning and changeable tips means you will never really have to buy another one again, they should only be a tenner more too but can honestly save so much frustration. :happy:

And don't go gas. :LOL:

I second the solder station, though I don't use them, they're really good for accurate temp control which is useful when you're starting out, you're less likely to burn something up.

Personally, I use a 14w Maplin iron with a fine tip. I've been soldering for over 15 years though.

I second the solder station, though I don't use them, they're really good for accurate temp control which is useful when you're starting out, you're less likely to burn something up.

Personally, I use a 14w Maplin iron with a fine tip. I've been soldering for over 15 years though.

I don't use them, but I have a 35 watt iron. :confused: Is that too much? I've used the same kind for a few years now, and haven't had any issues with it frying anything.

James, I just got a copy of that Uno performance from 'the other site :ninja:

Slightly better quality vid, I would guess its the bass model through a distorted amp patch. string separation is too good to be whammy/blue box etc, so definitely the VG8.

Yeah that makes sense. I have a feeling I'm going to spend most of today messing around with the VG-8 patches...

Nice, what are you using? I had a major breakthrough recently as well :ninja:

My modded Strat->Fulltone Bassdrive->My Marshall MG15

Changes in tone came from either changing with pickup I was using or turning on the boost on the pedal.

:ninja: Do tell...

My modded Strat->Fulltone Bassdrive->My Marshall MG15

Changes in tone came from either changing with pick I was using or turning on the boost on the pedal.

:ninja: Do tell...

Is any distortion coming from the amp?

And I'll upload a clip shortly, but it's amazing how it was right in front of me all along and I just wasn't trying hard enough :facepalm:

Archived