I'm seeing them in Toronto this week James, I am so fucking stoked!

So am I. I don't know if they'll play any of the other songs this time, but they've been playing Ten Tonne Skeleton live recently... I'm hoping for the last track on the album. It was sound checked last time, but I don't think that means much.

Last time I told myself I was never going to get in one of those mosh pits again...but... Well, I suppose just as long as there is no groping this time. :facepalm:

to all my other pedal enthusiasts out there, what's on your board atm?? I'm always looking for new pedals :D

I currently have on mine

Whammy IV

Cry Baby

Phase 90

Boss Noise Suppressor

MXR SBD

Big Muff Nano

A weird cheap Flanger I picked up 4 years ago

Micro Pog

Strymon Timeline

Eventide Space

Boss Tu-2

with a Boss RC30 loop station that i use with my acoustic, i'm currently looking to swap the eventide for something easier to use (i'm thinking the Neunaber Mono Shimmer) but other than that and maybe the want for a couple more distortions (the MXR is nice but i need a lighter one to add in there) I'm quite happy with my sound, a volume pedal might be handy at some point too i suppose

to all my other pedal enthusiasts out there, what's on your board atm?? I'm always looking for new pedals :D

I currently have on mine

Whammy IV

Cry Baby

Phase 90

Boss Noise Suppressor

MXR SBD

Big Muff Nano

A weird cheap Flanger I picked up 4 years ago

Micro Pog

Strymon Timeline

Eventide Space

Boss Tu-2

Sounds good! How's the noise suppressor and pog? They're two pedals I've been interesting in for a while.

All I'm using at the moment is a whammy IV, cry baby and fuzz factory. My amp (vox vt120+) has a lot of on-board effects that surprisingly work well. I think the next pedals I'll get are a pog and a memory man.

Sounds good! How's the noise suppressor and pog? They're two pedals I've been interesting in for a while.

All I'm using at the moment is a whammy IV, cry baby and fuzz factory. My amp (vox vt120+) has a lot of on-board effects that surprisingly work well. I think the next pedals I'll get are a pog and a memory man.

Noise Suppressor works very well, it's only really there for when i'm playing heavier songs and can't be arsed to tap dance on multiple distortion pedals to cut the hum! The pog's great!! I use it for a lot of the octave down sounds, sounds a lot thicker than doing them on the whammy, and the organ setting is pretty great when using volume swell techniques!

How does that Big Muff Nano compare to the Standard/Little Muffs? I've cut my pedals down to a Turbo Rat, Memory Boy and a Boss Trem, but I reckon I'll throw a fuzz in there soon.

I like it! and it frees up a lot of room on my board. I find the fuzz to be a little clearer than the original Big Muff but each to their own

So James... Royal Blood last night... wow...

5nI6Tv2.jpg?2

Partially deaf and neck is somewhat broken this morning, but holy fuck what a show. Probably one of the best shows I've been to in the past year. Ended up talking to these guys who I was actually standing behind at Muse shows in Detroit, Toronto and Pittsburgh on the last tour too ha.

5nI6Tv2.jpg?2

Partially deaf and neck is somewhat broken this morning, but holy fuck what a show. Probably one of the best shows I've been to in the past year.

+1. Pretty much the exact same when I saw them in minneapolis a month ago

Partially deaf and neck is somewhat broken this morning, but holy fuck what a show. Probably one of the best shows I've been to in the past year. Ended up talking to these guys who I was actually standing behind at Muse shows in Detroit, Toronto and Pittsburgh on the last tour too ha.

Oh man, they are next on my to see list. :happy: So close too! Wish our shows here were like that.

Nice!

One of? What were the other best ones? I haven't been to many shows this year, but I think QOTSA wins... just by a little though

Also, #setlist so I know what to expect #tomorrow?

Who was the opening act?

and good point about going deaf... I'm bringing my ear plugs this time. Out of the MANY (about 15?) gigs I've been to, I've only worn earplugs at the last two. Not sure if it's had any long term damage, but it gets pretty painful sometimes...

Nice!

One of? What were the other best ones? I haven't been to many shows this year, but I think QOTSA wins... just by a little though

Also, #setlist so I know what to expect #tomorrow?

Who was the opening act?

and good point about going deaf... I'm bringing my ear plugs this time. Out of the MANY (about 15?) gigs I've been to, I've only worn earplugs at the last two. Not sure if it's had any long term damage, but it gets pretty painful sometimes...

Cage the Elephant and The Black Keys put on a pretty fantastic show when I saw them a few weeks ago. It has been pretty quiet for shows this year, but I cannot think of a show I'd prefer to see more than this one again...

They played:

1. Hole

2. Come On Over

3. You Can Be So Cruel

4. You Want Me

5. Figure It Out

6. Better Strangers

7. Little Monsters

8. Blood Hands

9. Careless (was a Live Debut)

10. Ten Tonne Skeleton

11. Loose Change

12. Out of the Black

Ten Tonne Skeleton is by far my favourite song, and by the time we got there, my neck was so sore! Out of the black was a great end, they killed that song live, had a great extended outro to it. Ben came and stood on the people in the crowd mid song, then went back.

It was just a weird experience too because the opening band was Kan Hakan or something like that, I can't recall exactly. They had 5 members on the little stag with and Bens drum kit was already setup there too. Once the opening act cleared all their gear, the stage felt so empty, yet the sound Royal Blood produced was MASSIVE. Opening band was okay, would have probably need an improved experience if I was stoned for them.

Cage the Elephant and The Black Keys put on a pretty fantastic show when I saw them a few weeks ago. It has been pretty quiet for shows this year, but I cannot think of a show I'd prefer to see more than this one again...

They played:

1. Hole

2. Come On Over

3. You Can Be So Cruel

4. You Want Me

5. Figure It Out

6. Better Strangers

7. Little Monsters

8. Blood Hands

9. Careless (was a Live Debut)

10. Ten Tonne Skeleton

11. Loose Change

12. Out of the Black

Ten Tonne Skeleton is by far my favourite song, and by the time we got there, my neck was so sore! Out of the black was a great end, they killed that song live, had a great extended outro to it. Ben came and stood on the people in the crowd mid song, then went back.

It was just a weird experience too because the opening band was Kan Hakan or something like that, I can't recall exactly. They had 5 members on the little stag with and Bens drum kit was already setup there too. Once the opening act cleared all their gear, the stage felt so empty, yet the sound Royal Blood produced was MASSIVE. Opening band was okay, would have probably need an improved experience if I was stoned for them.

YES maybe they will play this tomorrow. Good to see they're playing some of the other songs anyway.

I think that's the band that's opening for them tomorrow. No idea who they are. Last time the first opening band really wasn't anything special (although I've seen much worse :stunned: ) but the second one was actually pretty good. Local too.

Did you manage to catch anything at the end? I managed to get a drum stick last time, but seeing how I nearly lost an arm trying to get it, I hid it under my shirt and left right away... you know, just in case :facepalm:

YES maybe they will play this tomorrow. Good to see they're playing some of the other songs anyway.

I think that's the band that's opening for them tomorrow. No idea who they are. Last time the first opening band really wasn't anything special (although I've seen much worse :stunned: ) but the second one was actually pretty good. Local too.

Did you manage to catch anything at the end? I managed to get a drum stick last time, but seeing how I nearly lost an arm trying to get it, I hid it under my shirt and left right away... you know, just in case :facepalm:

Nah I didn't get anything sadly, can't wait till they come back though ha.

Nah I didn't get anything sadly, can't wait till they come back though ha.

I had tickets for two nights in a row, but was too battered to go to the second one.

I would've gone if I knew Jimmy Page was there...

Looking forward to later anyway. Need to source more caffeine first though...

Now this makes sense.

I wasn't expecting that, nor to be the one to lift him into the crowd initially. :stunned:

So how was the show?? Yea I was the only one holding his one leg, fuck that guy is heavy. I did the same thing for Matthew of cage the elephant, but at least that guy is thin as a rail.

So how was the show?? Yea I was the only one holding his one leg, fuck that guy is heavy. I did the same thing for Matthew of cage the elephant, but at least that guy is thin as a rail.

Before I came back and read your post, I thought it was completely random. There was someone who walked on the stage from the side, and then jumped right into the crowd. Ben came right up to me after the main part of the song, and said "oh my fucking god" (referring to the other guy) and had me put my hands out so he could jump into the crowd. He did actually crowd surf a bit, and then stood for a short time.

I got a picture with him afterwards, but couldn't get Mike's attention. Seemed like he didn't really want to be bothered.

Got another drum stick, which four people tried to buy off me. One also tried begging :facepalm:

But yeah, it was actually pretty calm until the riff at the end of the last song where things really kicked off.

Before I came back and read your post, I thought it was completely random. There was someone who walked on the stage from the side, and then jumped right into the crowd. Ben came right up to me after the main part of the song, and said "oh my fucking god" (referring to the other guy) and had me put my hands out so he could jump into the crowd. He did actually crowd surf a bit, and then stood for a short time.

I got a picture with him afterwards, but couldn't get Mike's attention. Seemed like he didn't really want to be bothered.

Got another drum stick, which four people tried to buy off me. One also tried begging :facepalm:

But yeah, it was actually pretty calm until the riff at the end of the last song where things really kicked off.

Oh man, it was pretty much moshing majority of the show in Toronto, it was pretty awesome!

Oh man, it was pretty much moshing majority of the show in Toronto, it was pretty awesome!

Yeah that's how it was at the show earlier this year. I still remember the tech looking somewhat horrified at how .. active the crowd was.

Definitely a bit more tame this time, but a great show anyway.

I wonder how it sounds in live, no video available on youtube :(

It's good, but still not one of my favorite songs. I was a bit disappointed by how better strangers sounded, and I was really looking forward to that. Might have just been the sound quality though.

Archived