Lucky you! Saw them at Leeds festival. It was mental. They brought like the biggest crowd I've ever seen at the NME stage (Reading or Leeds).

Yeah, I saw in the videos. The venue I saw them at yesterday held about 550 people, but it still didn't seem to sell out that quickly. There were people walking around the queue asking if anyone had spare tickets though.

Did you have any luck with the strings? I can only imagine they are some ernie ball strings that were really worn in. They do feel and sound pretty different after a while - sometimes it happens even without playing the guitar (guessing it's a humidity thing)

Yeah, I saw in the videos. The venue I saw them at yesterday held about 550 people, but it still didn't seem to sell out that quickly. There were people walking around the queue asking if anyone had spare tickets though.

Did you have any luck with the strings? I can only imagine they are some ernie ball strings that were really worn in. They do feel and sound pretty different after a while - sometimes it happens even without playing the guitar (guessing it's a humidity thing)

Really? Usually Reading is recorded and then you can find videos easily, but not Leeds (well you can still find sh*** videos that people recorded with their phones). And talking about that, I wish they had recorded the performance of AM, a lot better than the one of Reading...

Yeah I don't think Royal Blood are as big as in the UK haha! I'd be surprised. Crazy when you think about it... Their album was not even released when they played R&L (well it was released one day after ^^).

Haha! Yep, the thing is that, as I told you they feel very different from my usual "worn-Ernie Ball" (still donno why...) and I kinda like it haha. Anyway, that made me want to test other brands. It's a bit stupid, but I always used 10-46 Ernie-Ball and never felt the need to change until now.

Really? Usually Reading is recorded and then you can find videos easily, but not Leeds (well you can still find sh*** videos that people recorded with their phones). And talking about that, I wish they had recorded the performance of AM, a lot better than the one of Reading...

Yeah I don't think Royal Blood are as big as in the UK haha! I'd be surprised. Crazy when you think about it... Their album was not even released when they played R&L (well it was released one day after ^^).

Haha! Yep, the thing is that, as I told you they feel very different from my usual "worn-Ernie Ball" (still donno why...) and I kinda like it haha. Anyway, that made me want to test other brands. It's a bit stupid, but I always used 10-46 Ernie-Ball and never felt the need to change until now.

How come Leeds is never really recorded?

And no, they're not that big in the US yet. But then Muse were playing smaller venues up until around 2006

I don't know what it is about the strings then. If the ends of the strings are copper colored, then they're definitely the EBs, as the only other strings I ever used on these were those gibson ones which have silver colored ends. I'm pretty sure the one I sold muse59200 had the gibson strings, but that was a while ago.

Were they like this when I sent the guitar to you?

Oh thanks !

I'm going to see them in November, I hope this song will be in the setlist.

About the Gibson DC, I remember you told me that it was ernie ball 9-46 ?

I'm thinking about selling that guitar, I don't know if it's a good idea or not, considering that it's not an easy guitar to find.

Oh thanks !

I'm going to see them in November, I hope this song will be in the setlist.

About the Gibson DC, I remember you told me that it was ernie ball 9-46 ?

I'm thinking about selling that guitar, I don't know if it's a good idea or not, considering that it's not an easy guitar to find.

Nice one.

I'm not sure now that you mention it. I might have run out of the gibson strings, as I definitely had those gauges in EBs for my strat at the time. Your guitar definitely had 9-46 when I sent it anyway.

I wouldn't sell it. Along with being rare, that one was the nicest sounding one... it just sounds like...this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhCOXHrL2zU

1:20

It's true, but I don't play muse songs anymore, and this kind of sound can't work with everything. I have a fender strat and a yamaha pacifica 120 modified, and it's enough for me.

esperfrodo lel'd

anyhow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUaU5oPRtIY

Also, something I found interesting (yes I was paying close attention to the pedalboard) was that one of the boss harmonizers are used to add even more low end... I noticed he stepped on one towards the end of 'cruel' and it added some sort of boost. It must be something similar to the whammy -1 octave harmonizer

Speaking of that song, there's an extended outro now

pretty sure that's just one of the first pedullas he got.

strange though, as musewiki doesn't list it at all. only the bass collection basses.

not sure what this one is either... but the guitar is a much bigger mystery of course :facepalm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYYX4x3K4nM

edit:

https://twitter.com/JohnMayer/status/521761261197869056

Finally convinced him to buy the elliott, Jim?

esperfrodo lel'd

anyhow

?? :LOL: It's true, I'm a bit bored by that. The last time I played a muse song in full, it was for the youtube cover band. Keeping that guitar for just one song ( sunburn ) well, I'm not rich enough for that. :D

About Royal Blood sound, there's something weird when he plays high notes, the octave down seems to be very low volume, maybe an equalizer for cutting all high frequencies on the octave down ?

Sounds like they're going to release this relatively soon, so I went ahead and signed up for an invite

http://www.positivegrid.com/bias-desktop/

Really looking forward to giving it a try... probably nowhere near as accurate as a kemper, but still...

I am so so so so so tempted to get a Kemper. Like, if I do sell the Hayden getting one on finance right away, and then living skint over the next year. And I'd still have to buy a cheap MIDI footswtich at some point. I guess if I so get it I can also shift a couple of pedals

I am so so so so so tempted to get a Kemper. Like, if I do sell the Hayden getting one on finance right away, and then living skint over the next year. And I'd still have to buy a cheap MIDI footswtich at some point. I guess if I so get it I can also shift a couple of pedals

Even then, a kemper would make life so much easier... as much as I don't want to admit it.

?? :LOL: It's true, I'm a bit bored by that. The last time I played a muse song in full, it was for the youtube cover band. Keeping that guitar for just one song ( sunburn ) well, I'm not rich enough for that. :D

About Royal Blood sound, there's something weird when he plays high notes, the octave down seems to be very low volume, maybe an equalizer for cutting all high frequencies on the octave down ?

Do you mean that harmonizer type sound? I think that's just part of the effect the POG does.

Also, here's another video for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGYGwKISqxI

lol, unless he's getting paid more to endorse a different company, he's losing money.

Why else would he be leaving Fender?

When we went to see them in February most of the time he would just be stepping on a Boss EQ Pedal for the "guitar only" sounds, looks like all the sliders are down, also for the amp selector was set for all 3 amps throughout the gig

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b164/steviec99/photo8.jpg

:)

Update on that phit Marmozets guitar, including all the wood types and a special feature it has

"My @alpherinstruments guitar is coming on amazingly. "It features a circuit from pedal projects "Owly Booster" this effectively gives you another channel on your amp but controlled from the guitar. You have a boost level and an on/off switch. This means you can push a totally clean channel to heavy crunch/overdrive and you can push an already overdriven channel in to total maddness!!" The woods used on this build are: Ebony top Flamed maple core Ebony back Roasted maple neck Ziricote fingerboard."

Update on that phit Marmozets guitar, including all the wood types and a special feature it has

"My @alpherinstruments guitar is coming on amazingly. "It features a circuit from pedal projects "Owly Booster" this effectively gives you another channel on your amp but controlled from the guitar. You have a boost level and an on/off switch. This means you can push a totally clean channel to heavy crunch/overdrive and you can push an already overdriven channel in to total maddness!!" The woods used on this build are: Ebony top Flamed maple core Ebony back Roasted maple neck Ziricote fingerboard."

love a good looking f hole

When we went to see them in February most of the time he would just be stepping on a Boss EQ Pedal for the "guitar only" sounds, looks like all the sliders are down, also for the amp selector was set for all 3 amps throughout the gig

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b164/steviec99/photo8.jpg

:)

Strange... you sure he wasn't stepping on the line selector?

It's definitely changed since that picture. There's no EQ anymore, and he now has two of those boss harmonizers.

Also, while the tech was checking everything, he switched through the different settings on the magic green box (palmer switcher)... what that seems to do is cut each sound (guitar, boosted guitar, and bass)

The weird thing is that all three settings were on for the entire show, and everything was controlled from the line selectors.

There was one bass amp being used (some fender thing - the same one QOTSA's bassist uses) and two Fender super sonic 22 watt combos (which I'm pretty sure were used on both the clean and OD channels, but I have no idea how they were controlled)

edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPrlDin8CKA

dat resemblance ... took me a while to realize it was an impostor

Archived