:awesome: *zap*

Yeah, that guy has some of the coolest guitars out there, but I never totally understand his playing. I do like him about 100x better than Henry Kaiser, though.

Don't bring your maths into this conversation. We all know that kaiser is better because he plays through an amp which has that fat guy behind it.

Have you decided if you're going to buy Allen?

this is probably a dumb q, but can you use a standard guitar amp for a bass ?

You can, but I wouldn't recommend it in most cases.

this is probably a dumb q

If it makes you feel better, I saw someone legitimately ask on a different forum earlier if it was possible to play GTA Online without an internet connection! :LOL:

#threemonthstogo :ninja:

If it makes you feel better, I saw someone legitimately ask on a different forum earlier if it was possible to play GTA Online without an internet connection! :LOL:

#threemonthstogo :ninja:

#today :ninja:

Also, on the subject of basses... I never realized how expensive the strings are (probably because I only had one bass and probably changed the strings once :facepalm: )

My new one is arriving today, so I got some extra strings on order. What gauge and brand are the bassists here using?

Also, on the subject of basses... I never realized how expensive the strings are (probably because I only had one bass and probably changed the strings once :facepalm: )

My new one is arriving today, so I got some extra strings on order. What gauge and brand are the bassists here using?

i know a Bass player mate of mine that boils the strings to give them more zing and save moneyees :D

i know a Bass player mate of mine that boils the strings to give them more zing and save moneyees :D

Weird, I always thought boiling the strings dulled the sound a bit!

I only have a cheap copy bass but when Rotosound were giving away free sets of strings to earlybirds at the last couple Manson Guitar Show's I said I was a bassist

free pack of £5 strings or free pack of £25 strings?

:D

:LOL:

And sadly that's not far off from the price difference of the EB strings I bought

What amp do you use with your bass?

I'm using Newtone custom wound .140 on the low B... but they are seriously expensive

I always used to use Elites when I was gigging on bass. Not sure if they're still good.

Boiling the strings gets rid of some of the gunk, and it's this gunk that deadens the strings over time. It will make them brighter for a while, but there's something else you get from new strings. Something makes them feel more punchy and "sustainy" than old strings. It may be all in the head, no idea.

Nah, I just put the Princeton on layaway :awesome: I decided to go for the original.

Good job junior, but remember you'll have to get it serviced which will cost a few hundred. I'm having mine sorted next week...maybe it will be ready by the time my survival amp arrives so I can run them in stereo :pope:

Good job junior, but remember you'll have to get it serviced which will cost a few hundred. I'm having mine sorted next week...maybe it will be ready by the time my survival amp arrives so I can run them in stereo :pope:

Nah, service is included on this one - part of the memorable transaction I always negotiate for! ;)

Nah, service is included on this one - part of the memorable transaction I always negotiate for! ;)

Service was included with mine too :phu: But that was just replacing the two prong power cord and one of the preamp tubes.

Same could happen to you. I'm not trying to scare you, but you might not be getting what you think you're getting

Or worse

They could completely re-cap it with orange drops and act like they're doing you a favor to enhance your tone further but what they're really doing is taking the lovely blue molded caps and selling them on ebay to another adult male individual who will put them in his weber 5E3 clone that won't even fire up because he mixed up the 6V6 power tube with the 5Y3 rectifier tube and now he's posting on TGP for some advice from the moderator who thinks he knows all about amps but really doesn't and shouldn't be poking around in amp chassises with his sausage fingers as he will set a bad example for many men on TGP who want to adjust the bias on their amp because they had a bad experience with their tech who took a week longer than quoted and they're now bad mouthing him and also joe morgan because joe morgan has poor customer service and isn't the "heck of a guy" that everyone makes him out to be but he still makes the finest AC30 clone in the amp business and people will pay for that and continue to get ripped off as the mods on TGP delete any threads badmouthing a builder which doesn't make any sense whatsoever and it's like they want you to get ripped of so it must be an inside job or something

But anyway, still waiting from the email from D-R-E-W. The amp is done, but since I ordered a blue cabinet I have to wait longer. Be patient, it will be done eventually

KnT seems to have turned into Jimbo and James cash-money playground

Is it all my fault? Not enough whammy?

Buy my broken SS 20 and all will be well. Shame though, it sounded good for the first five minutes it was working with my bass.

And also, not sure if this is meant to be serious or not (the part about the SD card is making me wonder) but wow

TuMnl8fkJEc

Have I missed something? Didn't see you say it was broken, what's up with it?

last page. I plugged bass into it and it worked for a few minutes, but then the output and distortion level plummeted and i was barely getting any sound. I THINK it might be a bad control pot, but I'm not sure.

It did sound nice when it was working though. Much better than it did on guitar

Well I'll buy it but will feel bad if it's an easy fix... up to you, PM me a price if you want rid of it, but personally I'd get it fixed

It makes no difference to me. I'd probably send it to Niel anyway and he'd just tape some valves to it to fix it

I'll try cleaning the pots later, and if that doesn't work, I'll send you a PM

For some reason I've decided to try to learn the tapping bass part from KoC.

Why am I doing this to myself?

you wanted to learn something quick easy that'll impress your fret-wanking contemporaries

I would recommend abandoning this short-term approach. Take up learning to groove instead

Archived