I thought you were the jazzmaster wizard though. Surprised they didn't take it out the moment you walked in

And I think I did go to that one actually, but only for a few seconds as the one right next to it caught my attention. Did you go to V&R guitars?

My Jazzmaster Wizard powers only work inside the continental US :(

V&R doesn't exist anymore (at least not at that location), it's now a similar shop called No. Tom Vintage Guitars. It was really cool though, lots of boutique pedals and a bunch of cool vintage pieces.

My Jazzmaster Wizard powers only work inside the continental US :(

V&R doesn't exist anymore (at least not at that location), it's now a similar shop called No. Tom Vintage Guitars. It was really cool though, lots of boutique pedals and a bunch of cool vintage pieces.

Yeah, just looked and it said it's now under new management. Website still says "Vintage & Rare" though. Not sure how that will affect them, but they did have some nice old guitars when I visited. I remember a few small amps too, but not many pedals at all.

Macari's (not sure if you went there) had a very good selection of gear. That's the shop where I took that picture of the airline (or eastwood according to you) guitars. They had a few cool old Orange amps too, but they were pretty overpriced.

There was one other shop that I remember. The one with the wooden big floor (that's the best I can describe it)...forgot the name. I think that might have been the one next to Hank's. There wasn't anything particularly interesting there, but they had a fair few old and new pedals (including the dickinson ones).

I've played an HT-5 and liked it.

How quiet could they get? Everything I've seen so far they sound amazing, but the bedroom level is the serious portion of this right now. Need something I can enjoy with features that wont bother anyone else in the house.

I'm really into the HT-5 for the FX loop, dual channels, CD in, and the Headphone jack with emulation actually seems quite promising!

cheddatom

I've tried out the SS20, and... I can see this working well with bass, but it's not the best sounding peddle with guitar. sounds ok, but i'm not sure what they were trying to do with this one

the delay function isn't that useful; really only gives that 'slapback' effect at most

Well the SS10 was design to give a doubled effect using the chorus. I guess the SS20 was a similar idea. I wonder if we just have different tastes or if the distortion circuit is different. I always have the gain at less than 9 o'clock

I guess the amp will make a big difference too. I generally use either a bass amp or just DI to the desk with this peddle, for both bass and guitar, so maybe guitar amps don't like it?

Anyway, sorry if I gave bad advice but I'd definitely buy it off you

Well the SS10 was design to give a doubled effect using the chorus. I guess the SS20 was a similar idea. I wonder if we just have different tastes or if the distortion circuit is different. I always have the gain at less than 9 o'clock

I guess the amp will make a big difference too. I generally use either a bass amp or just DI to the desk with this peddle, for both bass and guitar, so maybe guitar amps don't like it?

Anyway, sorry if I gave bad advice but I'd definitely buy it off you

It's fairly gain-y I guess, but I've not used it with bass yet. It does have a series/parallel switch for a clean blend sort of thing though

And that's fine, I'll let you know how it sounds with bass anyway

I'll have a look. Apparently it's meant to be a short delay, but it's not even that noticeable until it's around half way up

LQ5iPSU.jpg

Also, Jim...

Thanks for your patience, just writing to let you know that your amp is almost ready and will ship out this week. It has been tested and burned in and sounds great! drew

I wonder if Shrew himself played through my amp :pope:

yeh it's supposed to just be a doubling effect. If you can't hear it as an echo, that's cool, but it should sound a bit fatter, or thinner, depending.

I read that on the SS10 there are internal controls (never bothered) for the chorus. Are there none for the delay on your SS20?

teh holy grail :pope:

I'm sorry about the wait, but it is kinda cool to see how hands-on Shrew is being with this company. Can't wait to hear how it sounds.

It's ok son....

Really.

icon_aufsmaul.gif

Just to make it up to you, have this clip which I'm sure you've already seen

QrfZnqGUGDw

I wish they'd do a demo with the amp cranked and no boost. BUT DON'T WORRY BECAUSE I'LL HAVE MINE SOON

For an amp to work alongside the Hayden...

Fender Hot Rod or Peavey Classic 30? Any thoughts?

EDIT: Oh also, tubes. Need to get some ecc83 and el34 tubes. Are there any paticularly good ones worth getting or are the EHX 15 euro ones still good?

also if I need 4 of them is it right to get matching pairs?

#new2tubes

For an amp to work alongside the Hayden...

Fender Hot Rod or Peavey Classic 30? Any thoughts?

EDIT: Oh also, tubes. Need to get some ecc83 and el34 tubes. Are there any paticularly good ones worth getting or are the EHX 15 euro ones still good?

also if I need 4 of them is it right to get matching pairs?

#new2tubes

fender hot rod has better cleans (and more features from what I remember)

peavey has better overdrive

and nah not really. the EHX ones are just fine, and many of the more expensive russian made ones are rebranded EHX anyway

you'll want a matched quad if it uses four power tubes. i don't think it's absolutely necessary to have them matched in some cases, but if you can get a matched quad, it's probably not going to cost any more than buying two matched pairs or four separate tubes

weekend trip down to NC? :awesome:

1. I highly doubt the amp will be here by the weekend

2. You say that like he has a spare elliott ready for me

3. icon_aufsmaul.gif

Should be interesting though. This will be my lowest powered amp by far...and I'm not using the brown face princeton at the moment as the poltergeist from the silvertone somehow found its way into that amp, but I'll get around to sorting it.

Have you ever tried that EP boost? (the dunlop one)

1. I highly doubt the amp will be here by the weekend

2. You say that like he has a spare elliott ready for me

3. icon_aufsmaul.gif

Should be interesting though. This will be my lowest powered amp by far...and I'm not using the brown face princeton at the moment as the poltergeist from the silvertone somehow found its way into that amp, but I'll get around to sorting it.

Have you ever tried that EP boost? (the dunlop one)

Nah, you could run down for the weekend, grab an Elliott, and be back in town by the time FedEx man comes knocking with your amp. He probably couldn't have one ready for you in that timeframe, though :(

I'm excited to hear what you think of it. And no, I haven't tried the Dunlop one.

Nah, you could run down for the weekend, grab an Elliott, and be back in town by the time FedEx man comes knocking with your amp. He probably couldn't have one ready for you in that timeframe, though :(

I'm excited to hear what you think of it. And no, I haven't tried the Dunlop one.

Can you at least hook me up with one of those bodies so I can make a dodgy jazzmaster copy out of elliott tonewood? I won't tell anyone it's an elliott...

I'll let you know once I receive it, and speaking of texas, have you ever tried coated strings before? What better person to ask than you :vomit: Asking because I might have just made a not-so-shocking discovery regarding your family tree

Either I mixed up the Essence of Jim™ with fretboard oil, or I've corroded a brand new set of strings in under an hour to the point where they need to be changed again

Can you at least hook me up with one of those bodies so I can make a dodgy jazzmaster copy out of elliott tonewood? I won't tell anyone it's an elliott...

I'll let you know once I receive it, and speaking of texas, have you ever tried coated strings before? What better person to ask than you :vomit: Asking because I might have just made a not-so-shocking discovery regarding your family tree

Either I mixed up the Essence of Jim™ with fretboard oil, or I've corroded a brand new set of strings in under an hour to the point where they need to be changed again

Genuine Texas Mojo™ :awesome:

I've only tried coated strings on acoustic, didn't love them. I wish I could get my hands on some of that genuine Elliott tone wood... :(

Genuine Texas Mojo™ :awesome:

I've only tried coated strings on acoustic, didn't love them. I wish I could get my hands on some of that genuine Elliott tone wood... :(

Yeah I didn't really like them either, but it's that or have to change my strings even more often

Be my guest, there's plenty to go around

also

G0Pccmh6bPk

not sure about going into an already distorted amp... sounds good with a clean sound though

Yeah I didn't really like them either, but it's that or have to change my strings even more often

Be my guest, there's plenty to go around

also

G0Pccmh6bPk

not sure about going into an already distorted amp... sounds good with a clean sound though

:lel: I really wanted one but they won't let 'em go.

That sounds good, but I'd probably stick with a real EP Booster - it's half the size, too.

Archived