I think this Bings heartbeat is a little too much...:stunned:

I think it's a bit weird. Recording the heart beat of your son for millions of people to hear as music. But I'll reserve judgement until I hear it...

Much worse for the kid on the cover of Nevermind.

Aye - surely it's more embarassing to have your baby dick on an album cover than your heartbeat in a song. :LOL::facepalm:

Even the one on the debut of Placebo got a lot of problems for being in the cover :LOL:

I red somewhere he's sueing Placebo over the use of him on that cover, "claiming the picture led him to be bullied, drop out of school and become unemployed"

Madness.

Aye - surely it's more embarassing to have your baby dick on an album cover than your heartbeat in a song. :LOL::facepalm:

I red somewhere he's sueing Placebo over the use of him on that cover, "claiming the picture led him to be bullied, drop out of school and become unemployed"

Madness.

We haven't had the album cover yet...

We haven't had the album cover yet...

Please lord, have the album cover not embarass me at checkout... That is one of the worst feelings ever... when checkout girls judge my purchases. :LOL:

Not that there's anything wrong with being a checkout girl. Completely respectable profession. They just get judgmental sometimes... :$

The heartbeat thing is either really cool, really sappy, or really wierd.

And, I guess with Muse it's usually all three.

Madness.

I always thought it was Brian in the cover...:$ I never looked close though.

Nahh, I doubt the cover will be something embarrassing.

I think the whole heartbeat thing will be really cool... Right now, I'm imagining it to start off really distant, then come in slowly, into an orchestral bit, with soft drums, and it'll create a song like Blackout... I'm getting excited just imagining it :p

I think the issue with Matt using his own baby's heartbeat is that it was probably unnecessary for the authenticity of the song. I imagine the sound of a baby's heartbeat is much of a muchness. That makes it seem a bit over indulgent.

But, oh well, sentimentality and all that. I think I can understand why, if I put myself in his shoes. Every parent thinks their own baby is the most special ever. What better way to try and bottle that feeling, it if you are a musician, than in a song. :happy:

I doubt it would give the child any issues later on.

Sooooo fecking excited to hear Chris's songs. I can't believe for the first time ever someone other than Matt is writing and singing their songs! It's gonna be really weird, but ultimately awesome cos that's what Chris is to the core :D!

The article made me really excited to hear it, especially cos the boys seem quite hyped when they were talking about the songs and how this album is something even more different to anything else we've heard from them. I think it will be a huge surprise to many, many fans on first listen: kinda like what happened when we first heard the trailer with Unsustainable :LOL:. It's a good thing, of course, but will take getting used to before everyone makes a settled decision on what they think of it. CANNY WAIT!!!! :D :D

Okay I can see that, but I'm personally more for appreciating music for what it is, and the meaning and atmosphere of it rather than worrying about whether it keeps the energy of a gig going.

Undisclosed Desires might not have been an energetic track, incidentally, but I could still appreciate the atmosphere it produced. I'm not adverse to a chillout section mid gig.

THIS!

Matt wanted to do it with Chris's babies, but his wife objected :LOL:

Really?

Since it was mentioned in the interview, I wondered whether Chris had ever wanted to do something like that.

And Matt isn't the first person to do it. Miracle by The Temper Trap has heartbeats in it, of an unborn child.

Archived