It sounds like we have been at least half right on a few things.

Incidentally at one time I thought the idea of entropy might have something to do with everything going to nothing. Seems like that is what Matt was thinking even if it doesn't make any sense scientifically.

It sounds like Unsustainable (according to Chris) is the one song on the trailer, though confusing that Matt was on about Supremacy and Supremacy is rumoured to be on the EP.

I love that the album is about the never ending obsession with growth and I also like the land ownership theme.

And I really get the concept of our little planet being like a small disaster area in the calmness of the universe. I have had that thought myself. The earth looks so beautiful and calm from a distance, but we seem to largely turn it into a complete mess.

Hmm, if the music is good as well, it sounds like an exciting album. :happy:

I was about to comment on that when I saw your name. Thanks for getting in a question that wasn't about tickling or leather pants.

:chuckle: I hate questions like that. Like, "what's your favorite aftershave? I need to spray it on my clothes so I can imagine you near me while I masterbate"

:chuckle: I hate questions like that. Like, "what's your favorite aftershave? I need to spray it on my clothes so I can imagine you near me while I masterbate"

Ridiculous some of those questions that people asked :noey:

Almost every boardie asked a great question that would've given us insight to where they were really heading, but of course they were overshadowed by the useless fangirl ones.

Ridiculous some of those questions that people asked :noey:

Almost every boardie asked a great question that would've given us insight to where they were really heading, but of course they were overshadowed by the useless fangirl ones.

Exactly! They didn't deserve to be chosen :mad:

Thanks Jamie! :happy: excellent question and they sort of had to say yes so it's in writing now :chuckle:

Do you guys think Liquid State or Save Me might get played on the new tour? I mean, it must be a real change in dynamic on stage when someone else is the center of attention. Or it might not. I wouldn't know anything about that but I was just wondering....

There's a chance we'll get some awesome guitar throughout the song since Matt doesn't have to care about the vocals. Question is if they're heavy enough for it to even matter ;/

I remember Matt saying once he wished he could give someone else the singing job to do a bit more with the guitar and not have to worry about both. He seemed to really have fun with the Back In Black cover when he was given that chance so maybe it'll be nice to give Chris the spotlight for once.

So, after reading through the whole thing and digesting it I have the following thoughts:

#1) The writers of NME are really crap writers. (Although the seed of this has been brewing for some time, it just really blossomed after reading that).

#2) I really, really like the songs that got name checked as being influences. It has me hoping that the songs they influenced will actually be good.

#3) Chris singing 2 songs in full has me excited for those songs. I love his harmony work and he kicked the chorus to Hyper Music right in the ass last year. Listen to a live version of The Small Print, his voice just rocks.

#4) I know this is just the hype machine rolling along, but I'm genuinely excited for this album. From the sound of things, it appears that the band are trying to meld the heavy sounds of old with the more pop sounds of the new. Personally, I think it will be awesome if they can pull it off.

The problem is, Chris said that a few oldies would pop up from time to time. The same thing happend on The Resistance tour... So not expecting too much setlists wise. But you know what? I couldn't give a shit. When you're there you just enjoy the show, and it's an awesome show. I've seen OOS in full, I've got my fix, and as long as the album doesn't suck and UD, GL, Feeling Good etc are dropped with heavier songs from TR tour like SS, Citizen Erased and Bliss being rare ones I'm happy.

HOLY CRAP this is how I know for a fact that Chris is the coolest mofo IN THE WORLD: his love of my favourite game of all time - Ocarina of Time!!!! :D:awesome::pimp::D!! I've adored it since I was about 10! It's the best Zelda and best game, making Chris the best human for acknowledging that, lol. Brilliant that he was given a real ocarina replica! I'll spaff about the rest of the article after I've had time to let it sink in, but Zelda spaffing is now ;)!

Fuck please no! We'll get it, it was a single. Uprising, Resistance and UD are definite I'm afraid.

Naaah, I think it's gone for good. Just like Invincible (single) disappeared in the TR tour. :awesome: I'm actually okay with Uprising and Resistance staying. I'd rather have them play US and MK Ultra instead of Resistance, but they won't play the best gig possible :LOL:

The problem is, Chris said that a few oldies would pop up from time to time. The same thing happend on The Resistance tour... So not expecting too much setlists wise. But you know what? I couldn't give a shit. When you're there you just enjoy the show, and it's an awesome show. I've seen OOS in full, I've got my fix, and as long as the album doesn't suck and UD, GL, Feeling Good etc are dropped with heavier songs from TR tour like SS, Citizen Erased and Bliss being rare ones I'm happy.

This :thumbsup:

damn right.. and with the stage as an upside down pyramid which rotates and expands.. the shows should be pretty lively, and trippy. going to be strange at first watching Chris taking the lead on 2 songs - but am looking forward to Save Me and Liquid State.

It's good to see Matt is highlighting mankinds addiction to greed and the constant plundering of earths resources.

And no doubt the album contains undertones of conspiracy theories :ninja:

HOLY CRAP this is how I know for a fact that Chris is the coolest mofo IN THE WORLD: his love of my favourite game of all time - Ocarina of Time!!!! :D:awesome::pimp::D!! I've adored it since I was about 10! It's the best Zelda and best game, making Chris the best human for acknowledging that, lol. Brilliant that he was given a real ocarina replica! I'll spaff about the rest of the article after I've had time to let it sink in, but Zelda spaffing is now ;)!

That's the least relevant bit of info in the interview.

Naaah, I think it's gone for good. Just like Invincible (single) disappeared in the TR tour. :awesome: I'm actually okay with Uprising and Resistance staying. I'd rather have them play US and MK Ultra instead of Resistance, but they won't play the best gig possible :LOL:

I dont mind Uprising. Would swap Resistance for US or MK any day! Fucking hate Resistance!

I dont mind Uprising. Would swap Resistance for US or MK any day! Fucking hate Resistance!

Of course I'd do the same! But I don't want to get my hopes too high, you know. The only 4 songs which shall remain from TR are Uprising, US, MK Ultra and one between USoE and Exo 1. But Resistance will stay probably, at least it's better than UD and GL.

Archived