How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?  

800 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?

• Poor - What is this shite?
    • Fair - Well, it's tolerable, but I'll skip it a lot.
    • Good - Decent song, some good parts.
    • Very good - Mostly enjoyable, some really great moments, but not perfect.
    • Excellent - Holy crap, I love it. I had to change my pants.

I could really care less if Muse is selling out.

If someone came up to you and said "hey you want to write a song for the olympics and be immortalized in rock history" you'd have to be a complete imbecile to say no.

You hit a point where you are a rock God, do it.

Well Freddie Mercury did it in Barcelona and I don´t think he is a sell-out for doing it.

FFS, it seems Muse can't do anything without being dubbed sellouts lately :rolleyes:. Twishite was closer to 'sellout' than this - at least they can say they're representing their country or some happy shit like that. Only reason I don't like the link with the Olympics is because I'm already sick to the back teeth of that shit, that I'd rather not have it hammered into my head even more with my fave band. Plus LOCOG is full of wankers :p.

In other news: Wasn't this: http://www.twitvid.com/NCXKJ just the same as the second BBC clip, but poor quality and to cheesed-up sporting footage?

What's the biggest?

The World Cup

What's the biggest? World Cup? :) 2014BRAZIL

Can't wait!

I could really care less if Muse is selling out.

If someone came up to you and said "hey you want to write a song for the olympics and be immortalized in rock history" you'd have to be a complete imbecile.

There will be no London olympics for at least another 30/40 years so it really is a once in a lifetime thing

It's cashing in :awesome:

You see, I love sport, I love the Olympics. I hate Twilight and it's for teenage girls, which Muse don't aim, or didn't aim, their music too and agreed to sell their song rights to that movie taking them to an audience of generic pop-loving teenage girls. I see that as an appropriate definition of 'selling out.'

Olympics is an incredible achievement for Muse and signifies how far they've came. Not how much popularity or money they want from it

Good grief. This has gotten ridiculous! Pages and PAGES of excitement/cynicism. Calm down, people - you'll all have a heart attack at this rate!!:p

Have not listened to the clips - want to hear it all together. :phu: Ooh suuch self-restraint :rolleyes: Am not going to listen to the 1st play "as it happens" coz it'll be dawt's bedtime. Will catch it later. By which time, I expect the board to have exploded into tiny bits of wtf/ecstasy/anguish ;)

Interestingly, XFM say they're going to play it 7ish too. :shifty: AND interesting snippet No 2: XFM had short quote from an olympic bod - apparently Matt approached THEM with the song...

Obviously he needs a safe regular outlet for his cheesiness. Otherwise it could build up to critical levels. :LOL:

Hold onto your hats. Remember to breathe, everybody!:D

Well let's be honest, taking up a track on an album for the Olympics, they could have done it separately months ago, like NSC, or just said no entirely. Kasabian provide much more upbeat stuff than what Muse are doing these days whether you love it or hate it.

Not to mention there's an entire generation of talent coming through in British Artists.

We don't know yet that it's going to be on the album. My guess is that it won't be.

I have no problem with them writing more commercially acceptable songs. I do have a problem with them charging £60 a ticket for arena shows. Greedy, arrogant cocks.

I stand by saying that's on the cheap side for what they have. I paid more for Kings of Leon and Coldplay.

Archived