How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?  

800 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?

• Poor - What is this shite?
    • Fair - Well, it's tolerable, but I'll skip it a lot.
    • Good - Decent song, some good parts.
    • Very good - Mostly enjoyable, some really great moments, but not perfect.
    • Excellent - Holy crap, I love it. I had to change my pants.

Has anyone ever thought of Plug in Baby as a closer ? But I'd vote for Stockholm Syndrome - but that's past...So I'd say Supremacy with riffage ending (like Abso tour) or Survival with riffage - both has drop tuning, so it's perfect for nowadays Muse metal influenced riffage (I liked BHaR and Abso riffs more - and they could incorporate Dead Star, Micro Cuts, Space Dementia etc. riffs and stop playing other bands :D )...

I really liked riffage ending or riffage ending + a song with a definite closure (like SS + Take a bow, or Survival too...)...

Survival would be also a good opener - it was great to open with piano and then guitar song - like New Born at Reading/Leeds...With prelude played as an intro it would be great...

It's not the falsetto I find "embarassing" in Survival. It's the fact that he's singing "I'm gonna win" that I find a tad uncomfortable...

Yeah but most people have only found a problem with the last time he sung it, not the two previous times.

I'm quite curious how people find Survival's falsetto 'I'm gonna win' embarrassing but the one in Supremacy is amazing (etc.) for most.

Because the Survival's has "wee" in it and people are scared, they won't control their body fluids during that one...

Yes, I'm gonna weeeeeeeeeen...Oh, boy...

And for the record i dig both of them and both are my favourite songs from T2L...

It's essentially cus the "I'm gunna win" one sounds a bit like a camp musical.

Yeah, I don't find it embarrassing at all. I think it's brilliant because it is ridiculous and just well, I think it's cool because it's kind of paradoxical, challenging. To me there is a bit of a kind of "fuck you" resistance in there. I'm sure the intention was to sound ridiculous. But I'm not sure whether the resistance element was intentional. That may be only my interpretation.

Funny enough the falsetto in Supremacy doesn't actually sound too different to me in pitch or tone but, of course, doesn't sound camp at all.

Archived