How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?  

800 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?

• Poor - What is this shite?
    • Fair - Well, it's tolerable, but I'll skip it a lot.
    • Good - Decent song, some good parts.
    • Very good - Mostly enjoyable, some really great moments, but not perfect.
    • Excellent - Holy crap, I love it. I had to change my pants.

This song has grown on me a lot. I'd still only give it a 3/5, and there are still many cringeworthy aspects, but the parts that get it right... :happy:

It could be immense live, especially with the guitar sections; I hope it meets its potential. Although I have probably another 2 years until I can see it.

This song has grown on me a lot. I'd still only give it a 3/5, and there are still many cringeworthy aspects, but the parts that get it right... :happy:

It could be immense live, especially with the guitar sections; I hope it meets its potential. Although I have probably another 2 years until I can see it.

That took you long enough. :stunned:

But really they should have attached Prelude to Survival as one whole track on the album. I don't add things like Intro into my daily playlist that's always on Shuffle cause it's kinda mehhh; it's just weird to have Prelude come in and then another song plays.

Upon revisiting the song...

OK, I kind of like the first minute or so but it falls apart for me when it tries to get all "epic". It just doesn't work IMO, sounds very boring. The lyrics don't help matters either, I get that they were trying to make them simple and accessible, but there's a difference between "simple" and "utterly moronic". It cements my view that Muse should stop trying to rock out, because they suck at it these days, and instead focus on making quirky pop songs and orchestral pieces.

I'd also say Prelude > Survival.

I don't think anyone will agree with me on this, but there you go. :p

OK, I kind of like the first minute or so but it falls apart for me when it tries to get all "epic". It just doesn't work IMO, sounds very boring. The lyrics don't help matters either, I get that they were trying to make them simple and accessible, but there's a difference between "simple" and "utterly moronic". It cements my view that Muse should stop trying to rock out, because they suck at it these days, and instead focus on making quirky pop songs and orchestral pieces.

:stunned:

Go see a doctor

Giving him the benefit of the doubt, I'm still not fully impressed with the heavier part of Survival (although I enjoy it miles better than the intro). It just felt a bit repetitive and didn't wow me as much as it did for other people.

What I really took from it was the hope there would at least be some heavier stuff on the album cause dat riff.

Oh yeah, I don't care for Prelude. At all.

Prelude is the wankiest piece of wank I've heard in a long time.

Matt won't sing Survival properly, which is a shame because that would be awesome live.

The song kinda sucks anyway.

The only point I agree with here is the second. I still reckon its gonna go off live though.

The only point I agree with here is the second. I still reckon its gonna go off live though.

I just don't get how he can do it in the studio but not do it live, if anything, especially if they are performing during the closing ceremony. Yeah, one thing is about being lazy, but it's a tad bit annoying if he wouldn't do it this time around just because he's lazy. It's like a one in a lifetime kind of thing. :erm:

You know, people are allowed to not like Muse songs.

Especially crap ones.

You know, there's a reason why I wrote "Whatever floats your boat".

Archived