Muse Member Ticket Application Closes Today (Sunday)

KirkBot

What a complete disaster this has been.

• The site developers didn't bother checking to see if the site even worked IE9

• Stealth https

• There was no fore warning that there would be activity on the credit/debit card accounts.

• The website said that no money would be taken from accounts, further confusing people.

• Some people have seen no activity on their accounts and are panicking.

• Not all account allow whatever it is that Muse did to the accounts.

• Some people have been apparently charged double for no reason.

• The official website offered zero help for people facing any of the above problems so people relied on the messageboard or emailing random emails from the contacts list. (there was a link on tickets.muse.mu but no obvious link from muse.mu direct to the help or to the tickets website)

• People like Kev, Olly and myself were jointly inundated with confused, angry, worried fans.

Score!

I don't see how they expected to tackle the touts with this system. Touts could just sign up to .mu and have as much of a chance at tickets as actual fans. Hardly any fairer than the usual presale system.

They should still only be able to get 4x tickets for only one show but I agree it's not flawless, but at least they're thinking about the problem.

They should still only be able to get 4x tickets for only one show but I agree it's not flawless, but at least they're thinking about the problem.

Yeah, true, but in limiting the touts they've also limited the fans. They should have said only people signed up to .mu before x date would be eligible for the pre-sale.

I don't see how they expected to tackle the touts with this system. Touts could just sign up to .mu and have as much of a chance at tickets as actual fans. Hardly any fairer than the usual presale system.

It was poorly thought through. I know it's the usual comparison on this site but the radiohead UK pre sale was much better in the sense that it was a normal pre sale where you could only buy 2 tickets for one show and you had to give the name of both person attending. Those 2 names were on the email confirmation. On the day of the gig you need to bring the email and both person need to bring their ID to be checked and received their wristband in the queue.

It is restrictive but as a result there was 0 tickets on ebay after the pre-sale.

For the stadium shows fans got a code on their profile page which allowed them access to the fan pre-sale, which was like a normal ticket sale but with a limited number of tickets.

That sounds much more reasonable.

It was poorly thought through. I know it's the usual comparison on this site but the radiohead UK pre sale was much better in the sense that it was a normal pre sale where you could only buy 2 tickets for one show and you had to give the name of both person attending. Those 2 names were on the email confirmation. On the day of the gig you need to bring the email and both person need to bring their ID to be checked and received their wristband in the queue.

It is restrictive but as a result there was 0 tickets on ebay after the pre-sale.

That's a bit too restrictive if you ask me.

I remember lots of complaints about the Radiohead system at the time, but as much of a hassle as it is for fans, it's worth it if all the tickets go to fans and 0 to the touts. This system has just screwed over the touts AND the fans, which obviously wasn't the intention but still. Hopefully they'll get it sorted for the next leg of the tour.

Archived