Muse Member Ticket Application Closes Today (Sunday)

KirkBot

I remember lots of complaints about the Radiohead system at the time, but as much of a hassle as it is for fans, it's worth it if all the tickets go to fans and 0 to the touts. This system has just screwed over the touts AND the fans, which obviously wasn't the intention but still. Hopefully they'll get it sorted for the next leg of the tour.

Well no system is perfect but I prefer dealing with restrictions if it means 0 tickets for touts.

This system (the muse one) just give the same amount of chances to fans and touts. Muse best system to date still is the code system but it's only been done a couple of time (and that's not perfect either).

Yes, and limiting the shows you can buy for.

Limiting the amount of hows you can buy in a presale is hardly screwing over the fans seeing as they are attempting to get more fans to be able to get a ticket. And lots of people team of up with friends. if there is four of you you can still go to four different shows.

They should have used the Radiohead system. Sure it means you can only buy two tickets for one show, but if they means 0 touts then so be it. Not to mention, you can only re-sell them on a site associated with r'head at face value.

from the sounds of things it could work with four tickets anyway. Did that apply to just standing or seated as well? Because a lot of the time people go to seated shows in groups, and if there's a limit of two people that just sucks.

So are they sending the emails in order of the gig date?

First glasgow then the o2 then Birmingham etc...

Just as i am going to leave work after spending all day staring at the depressing hotmail screen... :(

Might be so!

A lot of people getting conformation for glasgow, but no where else as of yet.

To have the name on the ticket is done quite a lot in Germany at the moment. You can change the names for a fee though, I mean people do get sick or have other reasons to sell the tickets. The last gigs in Hamburg I was interested in always had that.

Limiting the amount of hows you can buy in a presale is hardly screwing over the fans seeing as they are attempting to get more fans to be able to get a ticket. And lots of people team of up with friends. if there is four of you you can still go to four different shows.

Ok screwing over might be a bit harsh but it's still not fair on fans who want to go to more than one show. Also sucks if you've got no Muser mates.

I go to lots of gig on my own :( and have to buy all the tickets even if I do persuade somebody else to come - nobody I know is interested enough in Muse to face the ticket buying sessions!

There shouldn't be a sad face there really. I love the gigs but the travelling can be a bit boring and the hassle of getting tickets is a pain.

Archived