2012.10.20 - Palacio de Deportes, Madrid, Spain

L.

Guys, I flew all the way from Moscow, Russia to see the beloved MUSE!!

I was just 5 minutes late to buy a ticket in June at the pre-sale and now I am in Madrid and I still don't have a ticket...

Please, does somebody of you have an extra standing place ticket? I would pay loads of money to get it!!! Please, don't kill my dream!!..

http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?p=9849359#post9849359

Great gig, shame about the security. Despite queuing since 1.45am the door security held us back then shut the door in our faces to stop us going through. Managed far right barrier but only just. Plus the security by the stage refused to give water despite multiple boxes of bottles by them. Only when survival, the last song came on were we given a 250ml bottle to share with 4 people. Apart from that, the queuing crowd were great and friendly, Matt tripped, Dom lost a drumstick while playing and laughed, songs performed well, am so looking forward to next week even more.

Great gig, shame about the security. Despite queuing since 1.45am the door security held us back then shut the door in our faces to stop us going through. Managed far right barrier but only just. Plus the security by the stage refused to give water despite multiple boxes of bottles by them. Only when survival, the last song came on were we given a 250ml bottle to share with 4 people. Apart from that, the queuing crowd were great and friendly, Matt tripped, Dom lost a drumstick while playing and laughed, songs performed well, am so looking forward to next week even more.

1.45am? Good lordy. And you got a duff place? How infuriating :mad: but I hope it didn't spoil the gig for you - by all accounts it was a corker. :)

1.45am? Good lordy. And you got a duff place? How infuriating :mad: but I hope it didn't spoil the gig for you - by all accounts it was a corker. :)

Got some lush photos and video visuals so happy about that. It's prepared me for others. No matter how ill I am after or the amount of pain afterwards (well within reason) I still prefer being at barrier. Mind you, I promised Catherine I will see the doctor after last night but that's not for the forum.

Got some lush photos and video visuals so happy about that. It's prepared me for others. No matter how ill I am after or the amount of pain afterwards (well within reason) I still prefer being at barrier. Mind you, I promised Catherine I will see the doctor after last night but that's not for the forum.

Oh good!

Oh dear. Hope you feel better soon.

Hi all! Yesterday's gig was amazing! I was at row 10-12 without effort arriving at 7pm :). Anyway a better organization would have avoided that opportunistic people come to the front at last moment because while MUSE playing it was so crowded!

It was...amazing, fantastic, awesome...I'm still freaking out! No words, to sume up!

Looking forward to this summer for a next gig!!!! A pity that yesterday's dream ended...

I was at row 5 or so and even people sometimes were a bit... annoying pulling you, it was... they are Muse!

I heard a few posts saying they weren't happy with the support band but they were superb! They were having a great time and really stoked up the crowd. Great set by Muse, including Hysteria, New Born (over 8 minutes!!!), TIRO and KoC. There was a great atmosphere and everyone really enjoyed it. Matt was very conscious to play to the crowd, even those at the sides of the stage who didn't have the best seats. For those who haven't yet been, you're going to have a blast! :D

They flashed up on the lyrics for Madness on the screens "weed" instead of "mean"...I guess quite rightly since everyone was lighting up!

I thought Unsustainable was terrible - the sound at the start of the gig did not sound good, although it got better. Survival was so disappointing, around me everyone just stood there. Which is weird because why'd everyone go so crazy for Starlight?

I had fun, turned up at just after 9pm and got pretty close to the front.

Survival was so disappointing, around me everyone just stood there. Which is weird because why'd everyone go so crazy for Starlight?

Probably 'cos its much better known and a bit faster than Survival, plus its got the line which most Spaniards know "Black holes and Revelaaaaaaaations". To be fair, watching the video I have of the crowd during Survival, they seemed pretty fired up to me.

Also throughout the concert, the vocals were a bit too quiet I thought. Still, it was a great gig, shame I can't make it to another....!

They flashed up on the lyrics for Madness on the screens "weed" instead of "mean"...I guess quite rightly since everyone was lighting up!

I thought Unsustainable was terrible - the sound at the start of the gig did not sound good, although it got better. Survival was so disappointing, around me everyone just stood there. Which is weird because why'd everyone go so crazy for Starlight?

I had fun, turned up at just after 9pm and got pretty close to the front.

Weed? Up in the nosebleed seats, the fug was really thick. I could hardly make out the 'no smoking' banners.

Unsustainable sounded great to me, but I was above the speakers and up near the roof, level with the front of the stage on Chris's side. One or two songs fell a little flat - Explorers had everyone sitting down and taking a break (chatting, getting more beer, etc), and people were mostly watching the dancing monsters during Panic Station.

Some guys in the queue behind me at the airport tapped me on the shoulder and asked if I'd been to the Muse gig (the sweatshirt with Muse on it was a clue). They hadn't, but had gone to some indie club on Saturday night (Sunday morning) and found themselves at the aftershow party. :stunned:

Had an AMAZING time in Madrid :D

Decided to go completely unspoiled (not easy!) and it was great. All the new songs sounded fantastic, Falling Down was a massive surprise cos I'd heard the rumours but thought it would be so far fetched to have them playing it, the pyramid stage looks incredible and it doesn't detract one bit from the music, it enhances everything...

The crowd was as I expected it. loud and supportive from start to end, and everyone who had seats was standing. Standing was absolutely packed (looked too small to be honest) and that was actually the only thing that was annoying - I was right in front of the FoH (talked to Tom in the end :D) and near the end me and my friends were getting crushed against the metal gates. If I wanted to be squished, I'd be at the barrier... but apart from that... :D :D :D

Cant wait for London now!

The gig was amazing, I had such a great time :awesome: The band looked happy and seemed to have a lot of fun :D

PS: Matt falling was :LOL:

I flew from London to see them and the Spanish crowd were absolutely brilliant.

Now there's the two nights at the o2 Fri/Sat but I know it will be "brutal" with a lot of pushing and shoving.

The gig was amazing, I had such a great time :awesome: The band looked happy and seemed to have a lot of fun :D

PS: Matt falling was :LOL:

Where were you? I stayed away from Twitter the whole week to avoid spoilers and when I remembered about meeting you I had no time to leave you my contact :(

How amazing was the gig? :D And I KNEW the Spanish audience would live up to my expectations :awesome:

Where were you? I stayed away from Twitter the whole week to avoid spoilers and when I remembered about meeting you I had no time to leave you my contact :(

How amazing was the gig? :D And I KNEW the Spanish audience would live up to my expectations :awesome:

I was trying to avoid twitter too :LOL: but yeah what a shame :( some of my friends talked to Tom too! so you probably saw them, by the time I got to them Tom was leaving, but oh well, didn't mind, I was so focused singing to everyone "so I told you" xD

We were pretty close to the stage by the left, good spot.

I don't know since WHEN does Mediafire not allow split file uploads?! :mad: I've uploaded TONS of slipt RAR files and never got this problem.

Anyway, here are MultiUpload links for everyone interested:

Part1.rar (100 MB): http://www.multiupload.nl/I3EQOSY7TI

Part2.rar (100 MB): http://www.multiupload.nl/RMYEX8GN2C

Part3.rar (76.26 MB): http://www.multiupload.nl/4I5FOEPKLF

vwu3dc.jpg

Lineage

Church Audio CAFS (omnidirectional microphones) > Roland R-05 > WAV 24-bit/44 kHz > PC > Audacity > MP3 320 kbps (no EQ applied, just format conversion and file splitting) > WinRar > You.

Also, why has my opening post disappeared? :eek:

Also throughout the concert, the vocals were a bit too quiet I thought. Still, it was a great gig, shame I can't make it to another....!

Totally agree with that... The crowed was so loud that I really had to close my eyes and focus to hear Bellamy's voice... It's great that the crowd participates and the energy was just huge, but I didn't pay my ticket to have people yelling in my ears (neither bad singing nor "Dios mio !")... That was the down side of the gig...

Other than that, it was simply LEGEN-wait-for-it-DARY !!! :D The show was mind-blowing, the crowd super motivated, the band excellent... I'm still recovering from all these feelings :p

THANK YOU MADRID !!!!

I was trying to avoid twitter too :LOL: but yeah what a shame :( some of my friends talked to Tom too! so you probably saw them, by the time I got to them Tom was leaving, but oh well, didn't mind, I was so focused singing to everyone "so I told you" xD

We were pretty close to the stage by the left, good spot.

Haha, me and one of my friends were totally singing the 'so i told you' and the 'you were warned but didn't listen' parts :LOL:

Your friends must've been to my right cos he stopped to talk to a few boys before he came over to me to sign my ticket and by the time we left it was basically cos security was pushing us out of the standing area :LOL: So I guess we almost bumped into each other!

When did you start queuing and at what puerta?

We had an amazing time in Madrid!

I love the Palacio! We were 1st row of 2nd floor Matt's side, perfect view and enough space to dance and jump :D

We waited for the group after the show but only saw Tom Kirk (who was kind enough to let us take a picture of him)

Ready for London now!

Haha, me and one of my friends were totally singing the 'so i told you' and the 'you were warned but didn't listen' parts :LOL:

Your friends must've been to my right cos he stopped to talk to a few boys before he came over to me to sign my ticket and by the time we left it was basically cos security was pushing us out of the standing area :LOL: So I guess we almost bumped into each other!

When did you start queuing and at what puerta?

One of my friends is a tall blonde guy who looks German, well, he is German :LOL: they got their tickets signed and talked to him a bit. Can you imagine? we probably crossed each other without knowing haha

We started to queue around 12:00 am at Goya entrance, and you?

Totally agree with that... The crowed was so loud that I really had to close my eyes and focus to hear Bellamy's voice... It's great that the crowd participates and the energy was just huge, but I didn't pay my ticket to have people yelling in my ears (neither bad singing nor "Dios mio !")... That was the down side of the gig...

Hope you weren't by my side then :chuckle:

Edit: Videos! not mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Lm_v3sqTHo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubduq2fk7RI

And another thing... I really can't see any reason why they wouldn't play Big Freeze on this tour: in my opinion its one of the best tracks on the album and reckon it would be fantastic live. The only explanation I can think of, is that early polls suggested that many fans thought it was the 'runt of the litter'. I was a bit dissapointed they didn't play it at the Palacio, but hope to see a video of it being played live IF they play it at another venue.

Archived