2012.10.20 - Palacio de Deportes, Madrid, Spain

L.

Got back last night from Madrid...what a weekend.:happy:

Oh my goodness - have to say that was THE best MUSE gig I have personally attended! I know I say that every time but this really WAS! The venue was excellent, even if it did look a little rammed in GA. The crowd were AMAYZING!!! The song choice was superb and not particulary predictable from my point of view anyway. Stage design was astounding as usual. And at last.....MATT is starting to interract with both the other guys on stage and the crowd. What a difference that made to the whole thing. The crowd obviously adored it but what was more interesting was that it really seemed to lift the band. Matt seemed to be in his element and although it was a little strange to see him without the guitar, it suited him and he seemed to play with the lyrics a little more. If they carry on like this - with the subtle little changes and nuances - they will be untouchable live for quite a long time.....

Oh.....and I got a marriage proposal during Starlight...and yes...I accepted!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

Did anyone else notice that Dom had a lot of trouble with his earpieces during the first couple of tracks? He kept pressing them in and looking to the sound engineer - he wasn't happy!! The sound level of his drums were much quieter too but that picked up towards the end of Supremacy. Managed to get on video him losing a drumstick too - what a legend!

Got back last night from Madrid...what a weekend.:happy:

Oh my goodness - have to say that was THE best MUSE gig I have personally attended! I know I say that every time but this really WAS! The venue was excellent, even if it did look a little rammed in GA. The crowd were AMAYZING!!! The song choice was superb and not particulary predictable from my point of view anyway. Stage design was astounding as usual. And at last.....MATT is starting to interract with both the other guys on stage and the crowd. What a difference that made to the whole thing. The crowd obviously adored it but what was more interesting was that it really seemed to lift the band. Matt seemed to be in his element and although it was a little strange to see him without the guitar, it suited him and he seemed to play with the lyrics a little more. If they carry on like this - with the subtle little changes and nuances - they will be untouchable live for quite a long time.....

Oh.....and I got a marriage proposal during Starlight...and yes...I accepted!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

Sounds like you had a fantastic time! :D Thanks for posting...I am getting so excited about seeing them myself. Aw how romantic, proposing like that - congratulations!! :dance::party:

Sounds like you had a fantastic time! :D Thanks for posting...I am getting so excited about seeing them myself. Aw how romantic, proposing like that - congratulations!! :dance::party:

Awww...thank you :)

You will have a brilliant time....when and where are you going??? xx

Congratulations!

One of my friends is a tall blonde guy who looks German, well, he is German :LOL: they got their tickets signed and talked to him a bit. Can you imagine? we probably crossed each other without knowing haha

We started to queue around 12:00 am at Goya entrance, and you?

Midnight?? You slept there? lol We did see quite a few people when we arrived, at about 9am. Our hotel was 5 min away from the venue, great find, and we saw people queuing as he went past the venue.

We turned up pretty late cos we had already decided that we'd stay by the sounddesk, so we only went to the queue about half an hour before the doors opened. And it was at Puerta del Berro, not Goya.

I don't remember seeing your friend, but for sure he was one of the guys who Tom stopped to talk to before he came to us. I was 3 friends, girls, and I had a Portuguese flag with me. I was going to ask Tom to sign it but then last minute I decided to get him to sign my ticket instead.

I started watching a few videos yesterday cos I was suffering massive withdrawal but think I'm not gonna watch anything else until I'm back from London next Monday. Plus, I had a standing ticket but I'm a shortarse so I'm swapping it for a seat cos it's my last gig this year and I NEED to see the stage properly.

But this must be said again - fantastic crowd :D I think I got goosebumps when Resistance started and everyone was singing the melody. I absolutely adore that song live, especially if it's being played to a good crowd.

Midnight?? You slept there? lol

:facepalm::LOL: no, we certainly didn't lol

I went to see some people that were at Fuente del Berro but probably before you arrived.

I'm going to buy seated tickets for the next gig, for sure. In my opinion this setlist and this show were better than the ones from 2009 but I had a lot more fun during that gig because I could see everything, the show, the band, the crowd going crazy, I could move myself freely, jumping and dancing. Watching some videos now I'm realising I missed a lot of things :(

More videos, this guy has some pretty good ones

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lat5WNMQeW8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VKXhj0XDF8

Another two

If you want to see Matt falling from another angle :chuckle: poor thing

So he REALLY fell ! I didn't hallucinate :D

I would love to attend to an additional gig but it's unfortunately not very possible :(

Hope they'll come back to Europe in 2013... I'd like to try it seated to really enjoy all the effects.

Congratulations sassyjem !!! :D Proposing during Muse, that's a keeper hehe ! Best wishes to the both of you :)

Totally agree with that... The crowed was so loud that I really had to close my eyes and focus to hear Bellamy's voice... It's great that the crowd participates and the energy was just huge, but I didn't pay my ticket to have people yelling in my ears (neither bad singing nor "Dios mio !")... That was the down side of the gig...

Other than that, it was simply LEGEN-wait-for-it-DARY !!! :D The show was mind-blowing, the crowd super motivated, the band excellent... I'm still recovering from all these feelings :p

THANK YOU MADRID !!!!

You'd rather buy HAARP DVD and play it alone at home. Maybe you prefer rude guys spitting or rioting?

;)

Congratulations Sassyjem on your engagement!!!

My tickets to Madrid (plus hotel + flights) were in the back of my 50th Birthday card from my fiance, given just after he proposed and slipped the ring on my finger. The surprise totally blew away the rest of my 50th birthday and engagement stuff !!

Thanks for sharing your memories video/pictures everyone it was a fantastic concert. MUSE rock my very soul I love them!

Kate xx

Thanks for all those videos and photos...I keep remembering the gig again and again and again... I'm attending to this summer possible gig for sure!!

And congratulations Sassyjem :D And mosh-pit-mum, you're sooo lucky too! Congrats!

How lovely everything :) Mine was a little less exciting, I gave tickets to my boyf for a belated birthday :p

I expected to hear Big Freeze or Map of the Problematique too...but anyway, i can't stop saying that the gig was awesome!!

I'm going to buy seated tickets for the next gig, for sure. In my opinion this setlist and this show were better than the ones from 2009 but I had a lot more fun during that gig because I could see everything, the show, the band, the crowd going crazy, I could move myself freely, jumping and dancing. Watching some videos now I'm realising I missed a lot of things :
Totally know what you mean. I still have so many great memories (and terrible PMS the following day lol) and that was while spending half the gig whining that I couldn't see anything and then spending the final minutes getting squished. Can't imagine how good it would be if I was in a more comfortable area!

You'd rather buy HAARP DVD and play it alone at home. Maybe you prefer rude guys spitting or rioting?

;)

Hey relax :p

I understand that people can be so excited and I think it's very supportive for the band. If I didn't accept this, I indeed would watch live DVDs all alone.

I'm just a bit sad not to have heard Bellamy's voice more clearly. I'm still allowed to express my opinion. Both positive and negative impressions are in my post (maybe you should read till the end).

I love Muse and gigs but that's not a reason for me to always find everything amazing and perfect.

I mean we're here to exchange opinions and impressions, aren't we ? You may disagree with me but that does not give you the right to use that condescending tone.

Hey relax :p

I understand that people can be so excited and I think it's very supportive for the band. If I didn't accept this, I indeed would watch live DVDs all alone.

I'm just a bit sad not to have heard Bellamy's voice more clearly. I'm still allowed to express my opinion. Both positive and negative impressions are in my post (maybe you should read till the end).

I love Muse and gigs but that's not a reason for me to always find everything amazing and perfect.

I mean we're here to exchange opinions and impressions, aren't we ? You may disagree with me but that does not give you the right to use that condescending tone.

Here Here...totally agree with you!!!!

My recording of the show.

vwu3dc.jpg

Lineage

Church Audio CAFS (omnidirectional microphones) > Roland R-05 > WAV 24-bit/44 kHz > PC > Audacity > MP3 320 kbps (no EQ applied, just format conversion and file splitting) > WinRar > You.

MultiUpload links:

Part1: (100 MB): http://www.multiupload.nl/I3EQOSY7TI

Part2: (100 MB): http://www.multiupload.nl/RMYEX8GN2C

Part3: (76.26 MB): http://www.multiupload.nl/4I5FOEPKLF

Rapidshare links:

Part1: (100 MB): https://rapidshare.com/files/1141989764/1020Madrid.part1.rar

Part2: (100 MB): https://rapidshare.com/files/2272347419/1020Madrid.part2.rar

Part3: (76.2 MB): https://rapidshare.com/files/2299339563/1020Madrid.part3.rar

Enjoy :)

Guys, I flew all the way from Moscow, Russia to see the beloved MUSE!! I am in Madrid and I still don't have a ticket...

Please, does somebody of you have an extra standing place ticket? I would pay loads of money to get it!!! Please, don't kill my dream!!..

Hey Alex! Did you end up getting into the gig? You're right, tickets were difficult to get hold of as soon as they went on sale and reckon they sold out by lunchtime. Don't forget MuseBay on this forum where you buy / sell / swap tickets. Hope you managed to get a ticket in the end. Saludos!

Archived