2012.10.20 - Palacio de Deportes, Madrid, Spain

L.

Does anyone know where there is a good estanco near the venue?

Do you mean a 'Tabacos' shop? I use them to buy stamps... :p

According to Google maps there's one on the road at the back of the arena, i.e. on the east side. Look for the junction of Calle de la Fuente del Berro (south side, No 41) and Calle de Jorge Juan.

The decent price/quality hotels in that area (Salamanca, Recoletos) are booking out fast.

Do you mean a 'Tabacos' shop? I use them to buy stamps... :p

According to Google maps there's one on the road at the back of the arena, i.e. on the east side. Look for the junction of Calle de la Fuente del Berro (south side, No 41) and Calle de Jorge Juan.

The decent price/quality hotels in that area (Salamanca, Recoletos) are booking out fast.

Yeah tobacco shops. I am staying reasonably close by and need to pick up cigarettes for my mum!!

• 4 weeks later...
Aw hun. Hope something turns up.

yeah, didn't got any when they went on sale because I didn't know where I wanted to go. baaaad move

this gig would be easier to go than any other and would be really cheap. let's see if I can get my hands on one little ticket :)

• 4 weeks later...

I create a facebook group for the future DVD of Muse's gig at Madrid ! enjoy !

http://www.facebook.com/groups/222530327875390/

I made this group in order to have coordination in the creation of a DVD Multicam of Muse's perf' at palacio de los deportes in Madrid (20/10/2012). I have already made the DVD of Muse at Old Trafford in 2010 so i will made this DVD

Este grupo es para tener organization en la creacion del DVD-Multicam del concierto de Muse en Madrid el 20 de octubre. He haciendo ya el de muse en manchester en 2010 pues me occupa del DVD

je crée ce groupe afin de s'organiser pour le multicam de muse à Madrid le 20 octobre prochain dont je m'occuperai. J'ai déjà monter le concert de Manchester en HD

So apart from seeing Muse, is there much to do in Madrid when on a tight budget?

Retiro Park (Parque del Buen Retiro) is free and good for strolling around in. It's usually pretty busy on a Sunday morning - lots of trees and seats and shrubs, a lake, the 2004 Madrid bombing memorial woods, the crystal palace, a statue of Lucifer (el Angel Caido), and the cafes serve a surprisingly good cup of coffee.

The Prado Museum is free for the last 2 hours each day (M-S 18:00-20:00, Sunday 17:00-19:00). Queue up with all the other freebie-hunters outside the main entrance and they'll herd you through pretty quickly, so don't worry if the line looks really long.

How long will you be there and what sort of things are you interested in?

Retiro Park (Parque del Buen Retiro) is free and good for strolling around in. It's usually pretty busy on a Sunday morning - lots of trees and seats and shrubs, a lake, the 2004 Madrid bombing memorial woods, the crystal palace, a statue of Lucifer (el Angel Caido), and the cafes serve a surprisingly good cup of coffee.

The Prado Museum is free for the last 2 hours each day (M-S 18:00-20:00, Sunday 17:00-19:00). Queue up with all the other freebie-hunters outside the main entrance and they'll herd you through pretty quickly, so don't worry if the line looks really long.

How long will you be there and what sort of things are you interested in?

Neat!

I am there from Friday lunchtime until Sunday afternoon. I love architecture, religion, music, history is a big love of mine (I'm doing my Masters in it so I must love it), food. Tons of stuff really.

Archived