Are Muse behind the curve?

Jimmyneutron

I'm about to bust out epic facepalm again. You've read nothing I've said. So I won't say it again. :)

You said it's not inaccurate to call it dubstep since it's Muses take on the genre. This because they were inspired by Skrillex.

I don't see how it's not the same thing. :erm:

You said it's not inaccurate to call it dubstep since it's Muses take on the genre. This because they were inspired by Skrillex.

I don't see how it's not the same thing. :erm:

No. I said it's not inaccurate to refer to dubstep, not call it that. As in 'gee, this Muse clip sounds like it's influenced by dubstep'. Thermodynamics is easier to explain on these flipping boards!

No. I said it's not inaccurate to refer to dubstep, not call it that. As in 'gee, this Muse clip sounds like it's influenced by dubstep'. Thermodynamics is easier to explain on these flipping boards!
Woops, my bad :LOL:

But the point is that no matter what influenced it, the result isn't that different from what they usually do. And no matter how many times you say that it was dubstep influenced which is a new thing, it still won't make it more different.

I dunno how but I always get sucked into these pointless, looping conversations, haha. Think what ya want, mate, I'm sticking with my views. Overnout.

You're actually getting into a loop about what influenced what here. :chuckle: The offshoot from Dubstep known as "Brostep" or "Gorestep" which is what Muse appears to be emulating actually draws a lot of influence from Metal & Rock (Find the remix of Shove It - Deftones by Bar 9 I posted in another thread) in the first place rather than the genres traditionally associated with the parent genre. So Muse are probably doing something that sounds like something they had an influence on in the first place!

Dubstetp is now an overplayed bandwagon for shit musicians and DJs to all maybe get some radio play.

Shame muse sold out even harder. Really are out of ideas. Shame really.

Hopefully rest of the album will have something to make me turn up to a show again....but this is just bad, it could be done really well and push dusbtep out of the gutter it is in but they are soon to be 40 FFS. When they were in their youth Nirvana ruled the world.

Maybe they'll mature one day.

Dubstetp is now an overplayed bandwagon for shit musicians and DJs to all maybe get some radio play.

Hopefully rest of the album will have something to make me turn up to a show again....but this is just bad, it could be done really well and push dusbtep out of the gutter it is in but they are soon to be 40 FFS. When they were in their youth Nirvana ruled the world.

This again?

It's the same old shit at every album release.:LOL:

You get the haters and people accusing Muse of selling out, the unconditional lovers that embrace all they do, and the people preaching to others that they shouldn't judge an album based on 30 second clips. Not a lot else.

You're actually getting into a loop about what influenced what here. :chuckle: The offshoot from Dubstep known as "Brostep" or "Gorestep" which is what Muse appears to be emulating actually draws a lot of influence from Metal & Rock (Find the remix of Shove It - Deftones by Bar 9 I posted in another thread) in the first place rather than the genres traditionally associated with the parent genre. So Muse are probably doing something that sounds like something they had an influence on in the first place!

the circle of life

You don't sound like you're 87 as your profile says. Instead, you sound like a teenage kid who likes Muse because everyone else at school prefers dubstep, and now you're massively disappointed because you pick up hints of that very evil in Muse's new songs.

Wrong. This isn't dubstep. At all. Much more so than any of the previous four (!) album shockers (I'm talking TIRO, SMBH, Uprising and UD) the trailer (including the last part) exhibits a clear musical effort. That's new. If anything, Muse may be on the way back to the greatness of OoS and Showbiz (Exogenesis was a nice try). Unfortunately it's impossible to say for sure by these snippets.

Archived