Piano vs Guitar

Nipso

Do you prefer the guitar or piano version of these songs?  

444 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer the guitar or piano version of these songs?

• Sunburn – Guitar
    • Sunburn – Piano
    • Cave – Guitar
    • Cave – Piano
    • Space Dementia Outro – Guitar
    • Space Dementia Outro – Piano
    • Screenager – Guitar
    • Screenager – Piano
    • Soldier's Poem – Guitar
    • Soldier's Poem – Piano

I can't find a video to Space Dementia on guitar. Or am i just confusing myself and its the outro of Knights of Cydonia when they play it live?

Reading 2006 after Cydonia and Reading 2011 after Space Dementia. I think Reading and Leeds could be the only times he has used the guitar for the outro after Space Dementia.

I've never seen that Dundee '06 Sunburn performance before, it's easily the best live version of Sunburn I've ever seen. Why the hell don't they always do it like that? I can only assume they felt Matt should be the one who gets the focus for his piano playing, but then why would they let Morgan do the New Born intro?

I've never seen that Dundee '06 Sunburn performance before, it's easily the best live version of Sunburn I've ever seen. Why the hell don't they always do it like that? I can only assume they felt Matt should be the one who gets the focus for his piano playing, but then why would they let Morgan do the New Born intro?

Well I agree that they should play it that way more often, not all the time though. Would ruin the significance of it.

It's funny, if they get Morgan to play the piano, a much more significant part, in Sunburn, and have Matt play the guitar, everyone loves it (and rightly so), but if Morgan plays just the intro to New Born, everyone has a fit and curses Muse to hell :chuckle:

It's funny, if they get Morgan to play the piano, a much more significant part, in Sunburn, and have Matt play the guitar, everyone loves it (and rightly so), but if Morgan plays just the intro to New Born, everyone has a fit and curses Muse to hell :chuckle:

True, I suppose the difference there is that while Morgan plays the New Born intro Matt is literally standing doing nothing. Not that I really mind who plays the intro as long as the performance is good, though that said at Leeds it was a cool moment after What's He Building to see Matt on the piano.

True, I suppose the difference there is that while Morgan plays the New Born intro Matt is literally standing doing nothing. Not that I really mind who plays the intro as long as the performance is good, though that said at Leeds it was a cool moment after What's He Building to see Matt on the piano.

I think most people see the intro and transition to the guitar vital to the performance.

I personally wouldn't mind to much, but it does seem kind of slack of Matt.

It's because Matt is actually adding something to the performance instead of just standing there. Morgan playing the piano sounds fine, and with Matt's guitar it sounds beautiful. If it was just Morgan on Piano and Matt not playing anything, that'd be different.

Ah, shit - forgot that one (and the Iceman). Still, Matt's Mansons look like no Ibanez I've ever seen so I don't know how you could get the two confused.

Haha, I dunno, I knew it wasn't likely to have been an Ibanez, it just looked similar to one of mine (at least it did on my iPod, I'll probably watch it later on my computer and expertly face palm), and I wanted to know what it actually was.

sunburn - piano

cave - piano

screenager - piano

space dementia - PIANO

soldier's poem - guitar

yep, i'm a pianist :LOL: but it's not just that. I generally love Muse songs with piano more than the others. it somehow makes it more unique for me. and the way Matt plays the piano... that's one of the reasons I'm a Muse fan(-atic)

Same here. . .especially for Space Dementia. I get chills every time. Matt is an amazing guitarist, too, but some songs I think just sound better with piano.

Oh, and hi, everyone. I'm new here.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived