Songs you would like Muse to consider as the basis for their apocolyptic 6th album...

paranoiawilldestroy

Dunno why I said apocalyptic... was drunk lol. Just thot that given some of what Mr. Bellamy reads (from what I've read in interviews and that) 2012 is meant to be a big year.

If it's gonna b toned down good o... Still looking forward to it!

Btw it was a typo... booze and spelling don't mix. Doesn't say much for the essay I was doing at the time...

Here's another tune tho... I reckon it would need twisted by the poetic powers of Muse to be relevant to their earlier works but the lyrical basis is sound:

An Ordinary Son (Black Country Communion)

(sorry for my english, it's not my mother tongue)

I'm a fan of the early days (bought showbiz at release, and ate every new release). It has been a great evolution in composition since the early days, time of showbiz was more raw (but still really complex -it's muse we're talking about) music, emotional and sensitive music. Origin of Symmetry and Absolution (Hullabaloo is different and yet, in the same trend) was completly in this trend, a perfect mix between emotion, sensitiveness, and the violence (emotional violence) of rock music.

I think that music can be complex, but emotion still is simple. Music has to be emotion.

Genius of Muse lies in giving precise emotions with complex music.

With Black Holes and Revelation, i have the feeling that songs became more an essay of composition, with still some colors of the old time (magnificent colors!), but there was clearly a turn (it's my feeling), emotion becomes more profound and difficult to comprehend, but once did, more powerful (really).

With the resistance i feel i have lost the emotional side, i see every new track like a theorical essay. I'm lost, and i feel like i lost what i really really loved. I lost the emotion, or i'm not able to understand it anymore i dont know. But i can't find an equivalent to the spirit of other albums. I understand the need to explore composition and music (with titles like exogenesis and the resistance) but if that's what Muse want to compose i'm not sure that's what i want to listen to. I still love but ... drastically less.

Theorically speaking it's really great music. But if muse could return to the roots of it's music i would be the more joyful fan, i think.

I want my emotion back.

(sorry for my english, it's not my mother tongue)

I'm a fan of the early days (bought showbiz at release, and ate every new release). It has been a great evolution in composition since the early days, time of showbiz was more raw (but still really complex -it's muse we're talking about) music, emotional and sensitive music. Origin of Symmetry and Absolution (Hullabaloo is different and yet, in the same trend) was completly in this trend, a perfect mix between emotion, sensitiveness, and the violence (emotional violence) of rock music.

I think that music can be complex, but emotion still is simple. Music has to be emotion.

Genius of Muse lies in giving precise emotions with complex music.

With Black Holes and Revelation, i have the feeling that songs became more an essay of composition, with still some colors of the old time (magnificent colors!), but there was clearly a turn (it's my feeling), emotion becomes more profound and difficult to comprehend, but once did, more powerful (really).

With the resistance i feel i have lost the emotional side, i see every new track like a theorical essay. I'm lost, and i feel like i lost what i really really loved. I lost the emotion, or i'm not able to understand it anymore i dont know. But i can't find an equivalent to the spirit of other albums. I understand the need to explore composition and music (with titles like exogenesis and the resistance) but if that's what Muse want to compose i'm not sure that's what i want to listen to. I still love but ... drastically less.

Theorically speaking it's really great music. But if muse could return to the roots of it's music i would be the more joyful fan, i think.

I want my emotion back.

What a lovely post. I also feel that some of the original emotion has been lost, although personally I find a lot in Exogenesis. Music is such a personal thing, it arouses different feelings in different people. I think it would be wrong to hope for Muse to go backwards, they are on their journey through life and must go forwards, but I hope they will speak to our hearts in their next work.

What a lovely post. I also feel that some of the original emotion has been lost, although personally I find a lot in Exogenesis. Music is such a personal thing, it arouses different feelings in different people. I think it would be wrong to hope for Muse to go backwards, they are on their journey through life and must go forwards, but I hope they will speak to our hearts in their next work.

They have claimed it will be a more personal album and, with Matt's new developments in life (Bing, engaged), I don't doubt that. They do still show emotion in songs, it's just not as clear as Showbiz because they aren't angsty teenagers anymore.

Archived