Songs you would like Muse to consider as the basis for their apocolyptic 6th album...

paranoiawilldestroy

Me too, honestly.

Imo, I would rank them as follows (not exactly the ones he said):

Escape > Coma > Guiding Light = Neutron Star Collison > Execution Commentary.

Probably the same for me. I'd put NSC over Guiding Light though, since without the lyrics I find it more bearable.

What a lovely post. I also feel that some of the original emotion has been lost, although personally I find a lot in Exogenesis. Music is such a personal thing, it arouses different feelings in different people. I think it would be wrong to hope for Muse to go backwards, they are on their journey through life and must go forwards, but I hope they will speak to our hearts in their next work.

Yes, but it is difficult to be sure of it, while being :eek: with "guiding light" ...That's not because people grow that emotion is more difficult to understand.

I have had Boney M's "Rasputin" stuck in my head for the last couple of days. I can TOTALLY see Muse doing a cover of this (perhaps a b-side?) If they covered "popcorn" they could totally do it.

With that said, I would love more riffy stuff like uprising, assasin, SS....that would be EPIC. :D

I have had Boney M's "Rasputin" stuck in my head for the last couple of days. I can TOTALLY see Muse doing a cover of this (perhaps a b-side?) If they covered "popcorn" they could totally do it.

With that said, I would love more riffy stuff like uprising, assasin, SS....that would be EPIC. :D

I think they've done enough covers by this point. The only b-sides we got from The Resistance were covers apart from Who Knows Who.

• 2 weeks later...
As opposed to "gay 3 piece rocking"? :LOL:

Anyway......

I agree! I want Muse to chain me to my iPod, blindfold me, and assault me with their musical tools! Then do it again!

:LOL:

sure why not? cut the glam and cut the theatrics

i want muse again, not muse inspired by gaga

i want more songs like

thoughts of a dying atheist and the small print <3

also the soft songs like blackout and fallign away with youu

i woudlnt' mind butterflies and hurricane

BUTT

i dont want those songs that are "somewhere inbetween"

i did not like fury

DID NOT like uprising

i want more songs like

thoughts of a dying atheist and the small print <3

also the soft songs like blackout and fallign away with youu

i woudlnt' mind butterflies and hurricane

So essentially Absolution pt. 2? I actually wouldn't have much a problem with....

wait...

i did not like fury

DID NOT like uprising

:stunned:

So essentially Absolution pt. 2? I actually wouldn't have much a problem with....

wait...

:stunned:

This. I love Fury. I also really like the Small Print. Love Blackout and Falling Away With You, and Butterflies and Hurricanes. I don't see how you can't love Fury. (Granted I like the lyrics more because I'm atheist, that's not the point.)

i dont want those songs that are "somewhere inbetween"

i did not like fury

"Somewhere inbetween" as in between heavy and soft? Fury is definitely a heavy song, just with a fairly slow tempo. Why do you not like it? I can't see why a fan of B&H and TSP would not like Fury...

I'd like to see a leaner album with less of the pile-it-all-on ethos that made the Resistance wobble in places, and more emphasis on the core instruments. A thrash pace with Rage-style riffing would be perfect for me, there aren't enough bands who take real cues from Morello.

Essentially I guess I'd like the kind of album Deftones said Eros will be if it eventually gets released- tighter and more stripped-down than previous releases but more aggressive and complex.

I think, they should just take the inspiration from Absolution, Origin and maybe a bit of Showbiz. It would come out interesting if they were to experiment with those three albums.

Do you call "taking inspiration from 3 older albums" an experimental behaviour?

Well yeah. if they get their inspiration from those. Maybe mostly Absolution because thats more in the line of "apocalyptic"

To "experiment" means trying to get new sounds, mix new kind of genres together, changing your stile of music, not taking inspiration from your older (even if better) albums.

To "experiment" means trying to get new sounds, mix new kind of genres together, changing your stile of music, not taking inspiration from your older (even if better) albums.

I don't see the difference between creating something new being inspired by their own songs and being inspired by other bands. Yeah, if they will be inspired by their older albums we won't see anything drastically different, but if they will mix the best parts from other artists it won't be "new sound", they won't mix new genres together but they'll serve us another delicious crap in form of genre mash-up.

Archived