Songs you would like Muse to consider as the basis for their apocolyptic 6th album...

paranoiawilldestroy

They couldn't recapture the sound of Showbiz by this point anyway :rolleyes: Angsty teen rock from a band in their thirties who earn millions and live pretty damn good lives? Nah.

All I want is for them to tone themselves down a little bit. Not another album full of "the government is controlling us all" or "the world is ending!". Just an album that gets them consistently energetic on stage again and has more than a couple of songs that listeners can properly relate to.

All I want is for them to tone themselves down a little bit. Not another album full of "the government is controlling us all" or "the world is ending!". Just an album that gets them consistently energetic on stage again and has more than a couple of songs that listeners can properly relate to.

This x100000

They need to actually start having some fun on stage, it's all too serious at the moment for me.

They couldn't recapture the sound of Showbiz by this point anyway :rolleyes: Angsty teen rock from a band in their thirties who earn millions and live pretty damn good lives? Nah.

This. They need to loosen up and have more fun on stage. Although eventually Matt's gonna be too old to do the turns in PIB.

This x100000

They need to actually start having some fun on stage, it's all too serious at the moment for me.

:yesey:

This. They need to loosen up and have more fun on stage. Although eventually Matt's gonna be too old to do the turns in PIB.

He's only 33 ffs! There isn't some dreaded age that rock stars reach where they suddenly become arthritic old farts. There's lots of rock stars over 40 that still melt face! ;)

Frankly Muse had something absolutely spectacular going up to Absolution. Okay, the early rendititions (live performances) of the BHR album can be included. But after that they simply lost the edge.

These days there's enough other bands surpassing them, bands that undoubtedly have taken their cues from the pioneering done by the first Muse albums.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB1lhHJhVaE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIcEn-nj1XM

It's just like Muse has lost their love for the instruments. The instruments in the later albums are just a means to an end and will get a big coating of post-production on later on. It's the difference between sex and cybering.

Frankly Muse had something absolutely spectacular going up to Absolution. Okay, the early rendititions (live performances) of the BHR album can be included. But after that they simply lost the edge.

These days there's enough other bands surpassing them, bands that undoubtedly have taken their cues from the pioneering done by the first Muse albums.

It's just like Muse has lost their love for the instruments. The instruments in the later albums are just a means to an end and will get a big coating of post-production on later on. It's the difference between sex and cybering.

I think this happens with a lot of bands. I think in the beginning, before success, there's a drive -- and the moodiness & passion that go along with that. It does seem that most of what Muse wrote about up through Showbiz was pretty much saying "Fuck all you assholes from Teinmouth and all you jerks who don't believe in us -- we're going to be rock stars anyway." And the OOS, and Absolution were the "dealing with the massive changes of success" records. Now they've got everything they set out for. Who knows. Maybe it's more than they bargained for. I don't think the band ever guessed they'd have the crazy fans that they do. :LOL: There HAS to be little bit of "Now what?" in their thinking. What do you do when you've got nothing left to prove? Where is that passion going to be drawn from? It does happen to many other bands at this point in their career.

I just hope it doesn't happen to Muse. :stunned:

A genuine love for music. The last two albums were just soulless. More Gallery and Hysteria, less Unnatural Selection.......

Music, and the instruments that are used to make it, are a conduit for what's inside the artist. A musician can be very passionate for music and their instruments, yet not feel impassioned enough about any particular subject to want to express it. One of the most unsettling paradoxes about many brilliant and powerful pieces of music is that they are derived from emotional pain, angst, and confusion. Happiness and complacency aren't always good for great music writing. ;)

That being said, I sure hope Muse is an exception. :stunned:

I disagree with the no passion prognosis. The Resistance saw them use different kinds of instrument which isn't their forte (though I really like the Resistance as it is). But then I think the Reading performance showed that there's a truly vast amount of fire in there yet. It might be a good idea to strip back the variety of instrumentation and just push themselves further in what they can do with their core of drums, bass and guitar.

Maybe Matt just needs to be allowed a little more time alone with his axes... ;)

Interesting - I liked the instrumental beginning, very kaftan and joss-sticks! Generally though it was a bit too sweet for me, I don't think I'd like Muse to do anything like that. I'd rather have a bit more edge and bite. Always enjoy listening to something new, though. Thank you. :)

Archived