james90

Guest Batman.
Yeah, it will fade but it'll take some time. I did some testing on the back of the bass and it took some serious rubbing to get the sharpie off.

And a tip for fret dots: use acrylic model paint, and coat with a couple layers of satin/gloss finish designed for models. I did that to my fender at the beginning of the summer and they havent faded/chipped yet

Hmmm yeah, it might look good faded though actually, you never know.

And thanks for the tip! Thinking of just replacing the fret dots though, apparently it's not too difficult.

you could spray a clear lacquer over the body if you want to keep the sharpie on there.

Probs wont for 2 reasons:

1) Money. paying for college this semester wiped me out

2):

Hmmm yeah, it might look good faded though actually, you never know.

Jim...

IMG_0216.jpg

Oh and Impulse, I've heard from my tech about the bassman. It had a few small issues, but it wasn't doing what it did when I had it... :facepalm:

It doesn't need too much work though. It mainly had some cold solder joints and the power cord wasn't grounded properly.

Jim...

IMG_0216.jpg

Oh and Impulse, I've heard from my tech about the bassman. It had a few small issues, but it wasn't doing what it did when I had it... :facepalm:

It doesn't need too much work though. It mainly had some cold solder joints and the power cord wasn't grounded properly.

Hot damn, son! This means you can come perform a show shirtless in my basement anytime you like

:pope:

BiffyClyro02PA240611.jpg

That's because none of the pedals are connected, haha! A shitload of patch cables and power cords will soon mess it up a bit! :chuckle:

I wonder if you could get the pedals hard-wired to the board... like holes drilled through the bottom and physically wired up in the chain underneath.

I wonder if you could get the pedals hard-wired to the board... like holes drilled through the bottom and physically wired up in the chain underneath.

Yeah, Trailer Trash do that. Lots of companies, actually...LA Sound Design, Bradshaw/Custom Audio Electronics.

Then there's Pete Cornish, who quite literally builds your pedals into your pedalboard :facepalm:

Then there's Pete Cornish, who quite literally builds your pedals into your pedalboard :facepalm:

that's your worst nightmare Jim :pope:

Another shot of the pedalboard. I should have it fully assembled when the other pedal gets here tomorrow

9tobp3.jpg

not sure what's going next to the phaser. maybe a fuzz pedal (if I ever find one I like :facepalm: )

altoids tin with picks will go above the whammy and wah. obviously.

Nice pedalboard !

Where is your red glitter Fuzz Factory James ?

You already have a Fuzz Factory in most of your guitars, though...

Thanks

I sold that a while back - seemed a bit too nice to have on a board and having the finish chip after a while

Don't tell that to the new owner though :ninja:

Hopefully I'll have pictures of the "completed" board tomorrow

and yeah, but I'm not really a fan of having the built in FF. If I had a choice, I'd only have it in the DL-1 (just because the original did)

and yeah, but I'm not really a fan of having the built in FF. If I had a choice, I'd only have it in the DL-1 (just because the original did)

Second that. Although mr. Bellamy has done some crazy cool stuff with the FF, it´s completely useless most of the time. I rarely use the one in the DL-1 but it is definitely a must have to maintian the originality of the gutiar. My FF pedal sits somewhere in a drawer...

If i had a fuzz factory I think I'd rather have it in the guitar than on the board. Not for squeals, but for changing between a thick lead tone and a crisp rhythm tone quickly between sections of a song. That or a Fuzz Probe I guess.

This. When I played the DL-1 in Manson's, I really loved the inbuilt FF because of this ability.

And being able to PiB PWOPERly :awesome: