james90

Haha, that would take all day! Okay, well, I'll try and sort out a quick walkthrough of everything on Wednesday maybe, but it might be a bit long. :LOL:

Here's a picture without the guitars so you can see the pedals a bit more clearly in the meantime, not that you can figure out what's going on, haha! :chuckle:

_DSC0157-2-2.jpg

Edited by james90
added spoiler tags

I thought I had issues...

Wait

Are you basically admitting that Bs has a bigger pedalboard than you?

Haha, that would take all day! Okay, well, I'll try and sort out a quick walkthrough of everything on Wednesday maybe, but it might be a bit long. :LOL:

Here's a picture without the guitars so you can see the pedals a bit more clearly in the meantime, not that you can figure out what's going on, haha! :chuckle:

_DSC0157-2-2.jpg

How long are you in the UK for? I suggest doing a video each week, approximately two hours long (each)

Week 1: Introduction of the Bs-1 and its planning stages

Week 2: A more in depth look at the Bs-1 (excluding the magic bridge)

Week 3: The magic bridge and how it came to be

Week 4: A demo of the guitar (featuring pink floyd and feeder songs as requested by james90)

Week 5: Bs' thoughts on the guitar (video cut short to approximately 80 minutes due to running out of memory)

Week 6: Introduction to Bs' pedalboard (part 1)

Week 7: Introduction to Bs' pedalboard (part 2)

Week 8: Demo of individual pedals on right board (part 1)

Week 9: Demo of individual pedals on right board (part 2)

Week 10: Interlude

Week 11: Demo of individual pedals on left board (part 1)

Week 12: Demo of individual pedals on left board (part 2)

Week 13: Explanation of amp settings

Week 14: Shout out to all that were involved in planning Bs' setup

Week 15 bonus material: Outtakes

Week 16 bonus material: Outtakes

Week 17 bonus material: Outtakes

Week 18 bonus material: Outtakes

How long are you in the UK for? I suggest doing a video each week, approximately two hours long (each)

Week 1: Introduction of the Bs-1 and its planning stages

Week 2: A more in depth look at the Bs-1 (excluding the magic bridge)

Week 3: The magic bridge and how it came to be

Week 4: A demo of the guitar (featuring pink floyd and feeder songs as requested by james90)

Week 5: Bs' thoughts on the guitar (video cut short to approximately 80 minutes due to running out of memory)

Week 6: Introduction to Bs' pedalboard (part 1)

Week 7: Introduction to Bs' pedalboard (part 2)

Week 8: Demo of individual pedals on right board (part 1)

Week 9: Demo of individual pedals on right board (part 2)

Week 10: Interlude

Week 11: Demo of individual pedals on left board (part 1)

Week 12: Demo of individual pedals on left board (part 2)

Week 13: Explanation of amp settings

Week 14: Shout out to all that were involved in planning Bs' setup

Week 15 bonus material: Outtakes

Week 16 bonus material: Outtakes

Week 17 bonus material: Outtakes

Week 18 bonus material: Outtakes

:LOL:!

I'll see what I can do in the coming days/weeks! :chuckle:

My midi cable is providing power to the guitar though, remember? :p

I forgot to ask before. What do you think of the FF 7? Is it really worth what they're asking, and how much of a difference is there between that and the standard FF?

I think it's absolutely brilliant, haha! For me, it's made a massive difference, though I'm still using the internal FF in my custom quite a bit too for various things. I'm guessing it's the different transistors, but the FF7 gives me a really warm thick fuzz that I love. I was hesitant to use the normal FF too much before because it could sound quite harsh a lot of the time. I've been using the FF7 probably even more than the Dickinson D1 since I got it though, and I'd say it sounds as good with fuzz as that does for overdrive.

I haven't used the 'Tone' option at all yet, because I've got it set exactly how I want anyway, but I think the 'Fat' setting plays a big part too, so it might be worth checking out the FFF if you want some kind of middle ground. I've definitely got a much crunchier sound going than I could ever get on the normal FF thanks to that, but at the same time it's balanced out by being really warm and thick sounding at the same time, whereas the normal FF can be quite harsh like I said. I can make some videos at some point anyway if you like? I should have some time in the middle of next week to start going through everything.

My midi cable is providing power to the guitar though, remember? :p

I think it's absolutely brilliant, haha! For me, it's made a massive difference, though I'm still using the internal FF in my custom quite a bit too for various things. I'm guessing it's the different transistors, but the FF7 gives me a really warm thick fuzz that I love. I was hesitant to use the normal FF too much before because it could sound quite harsh a lot of the time. I've been using the FF7 probably even more than the Dickinson D1 since I got it though, and I'd say it sounds as good with fuzz as that does for overdrive.

I haven't used the 'Tone' option at all yet, because I've got it set exactly how I want anyway, but I think the 'Fat' setting plays a big part too, so it might be worth checking out the FFF if you want some kind of middle ground. I've definitely got a much crunchier sound going than I could ever get on the normal FF thanks to that, but at the same time it's balanced out by being really warm and thick sounding at the same time, whereas the normal FF can be quite harsh like I said. I can make some videos at some point anyway if you like? I should have some time in the middle of next week to start going through everything.

Well that's good, because I bought one last night. Care to share your settings?

I find it interesting that you use it more than the D1. (if I'm honest, if it weren't for the tubes and hand wired construction, I'd say it wasn't anything special)

The FF7 must be #buckrogers and comfortably numb inside a single pedal.

My custom's all finished off now (needed a few things tweaked) so I can start going through some things next week. I think my settings are Gate and Comp all the way to the left, Stab all the way to the right, Drive at about 3 o'clock, and Fat on 1 o'clock I think. I haven't used the Tone option yet, just always keeping it on full throttle. Definitely an awesome sounding pedal.

I'm still using the Dickinson a lot of course, and I love it as my main overdrive and distortion sound, I'm just using the FF7 a lot with the custom at the moment because it seems to work really well with the thick crunch of the MBK-3, which can be a bit too much with the Dickinson. Maybe the Dickinson works better pushing the MBK-2 hard, whereas the MBK-3 already seems to go about a third further if that makes sense. It definitely makes my Wah Probe sound a hell of a lot better than it ever did with the MB-1.

Right, I put some videos together. I wasn't sure how much detail people wanted, so I tried to summarise, put with a few opinions and things I've noticed here and there. The first video is just the guitars really, the second is most of the pedalboard, and then the third is the digital MIDI stuff, power supplies, accessories, etc. If anyone wants anything better explained or to hear something, then I can sort something out if you let me know what you have in mind.

I can only include two videos in a post apparently, so I'll just have to post the links. They're 15 minutes each.

Right, I put some videos together. I wasn't sure how much detail people wanted, so I tried to summarise, put with a few opinions and things I've noticed here and there. The first video is just the guitars really, the second is most of the pedalboard, and then the third is the digital MIDI stuff, power supplies, accessories, etc. If anyone wants anything better explained or to hear something, then I can sort something out if you let me know what you have in mind.

I can only include two videos in a post apparently, so I'll just have to post the links. They're 15 minutes each.

That voice :pope: It's like ... an ebony fretboard something really silky

Haha, I wasn't sure exactly what people wanted, but I know there had been requests for more explanation, so I thought I'd get that out of the way first. I can do some videos playing stuff as and when I have time, if there's anything in particular people want to hear and so on.

I'd just like to hear all the stuff being combined to make the kind of sounds you crafted this rig to make.

I'll sort something out when I have time. I'm also in my final year of uni now, so free time's at a bit of a premium, haha!

Hey Bs, having your MB-1 powered by MIDI, did you have manson do that or? I am intrigued by not needing batteries anymore!

Yes, it was something I requested through Mansons, and was then done by Ron Joyce, who made the selector box which powers it for me. It cost a bit extra obviously, but it just made a lot more sense for me.

Is the sustainer also powered by MIDI ?

Yep! :happy:

Yes, it was something I requested through Mansons, and was then done by Ron Joyce, who made the selector box which powers it for me. It cost a bit extra obviously, but it just made a lot more sense for me

Hmmm... I may have to research and toy with this. Sounds way better to power the guitar that way than through batteries, or possibly have the option to MIDI power if not default to the batteries.