james90

What kind of sound has it?

They are based off the VH4 preamp. I had one for a while, regret selling it, it sounded great once you dialled it in. Could easily sound a bit fizzy on the high end else, but the deep control for the low end shock the room through a 2x12"

They are based off the VH4 preamp. I had one for a while, regret selling it, it sounded great once you dialled it in. Could easily sound a bit fizzy on the high end else, but the deep control for the low end shock the room through a 2x12"

Nice, I may be becoming the 2nd guitarist for my band so I'm be looking at guitar amps for the next few months, I might build one of these for a distortion sound.

Nice, I may be becoming the 2nd guitarist for my band so I'm be looking at guitar amps for the next few months, I might build one of these for a distortion sound.

Do it, the Diefet rules.

I have one I got from someone on here, was it Phil? The pots were loose and damaged the wiring, and some of the eq were wired backwards Not sure if that's deliberate, but sorted and is now my only distortion pedal apart from a FF. It's very fiddly to set up, but has an awesome range of sounds. I love mine.

Do it, the Diefet rules.

I have one I got from someone on here, was it Phil? The pots were loose and damaged the wiring, and some of the eq were wired backwards Not sure if that's deliberate, but sorted and is now my only distortion pedal apart from a FF. It's very fiddly to set up, but has an awesome range of sounds. I love mine.

Yeah I thought the eq was weird. Think it was the mid that was backwards? I just played around by ear so didn't matter too much. Everything was tight and solid when it left me.

Sounds like someone broke her in! Slut factory must be gaping by now.

Sounds about right yeah, mid is def backwards. The pots became an issue a while after I got it, my toddler likes to turn the knobs, and over time the loose ones strained the wires to the pcb. Not complaining, was a relatively easy fix and solid as a rock now. Absolutely love the tone and versatility of the thing, probably going to build a second for two channel diefet goodness.

Nice. What amp are you using?

Also, any pictures of the inside of the diefet? nqa043.gif

I'm using a Fender Super Champ X2 amp.

15019596692_2a9cd0a10d_c.jpg

It looks a lot more complicated with all the wiring than it is.

I still have to adjust the heat wire wraps and replace the LED but it works great, alone or with the Fuzz Factory.

Palm mutes are close to blow up my radiators ! :eek:

I wanted to do it myself because my father have all the equipment needed to do it but I ended bought it on a french forum called "techniguitare".

Then, I have bought all the components on the internet.

I funny thing is that the green capacitors are called "MUSE" from the brand Nichicon. :LOL:

Sounds like someone broke her in! Slut factory must be gaping by now.

:vomit:

It must have been cheddatom

I wanted to do it myself because my father have all the equipment needed to do it but I ended bought it on a french forum called "techniguitare".

Then, I have bought all the components on the internet.

I funny thing is that the green capacitors are called "MUSE" from the brand Nichicon. :LOL:

Yeah I've seen those on ebay, but I haven't tried them. What's the difference between those and the standard nichicons? besides the "MUSE" ones being more matthew

edit:

If only I was as organized as Bs...

T6SmINu.jpg

That would mean buying twice as many pedals though

Edited by james90

If only I was as organized as Bs...

T6SmINu.jpg

That would mean buying twice as many pedals though

Doesn't really look any less organised than mine, haha! I try and keep the mess to a minimum but it doesn't necessarily work out like that. Will get photos when I'm back. I even have a new wideangle lens now to fit it all in! :LOL:

Doesn't really look any less organised than mine, haha! I try and keep the mess to a minimum but it doesn't necessarily work out like that. Will get photos when I'm back. I even have a new wideangle lens now to fit it all in! :LOL:

YES

I thought you're fairly neat as far as cables go (at least compared to mine). But maybe I'm thinking of someone else.

Who's that in yer TOAN photo?

That fat guy behind dumble amps

Is that Howard Dumble?

Yeah :ninja:

YES

I thought you're fairly neat as far as cables go (at least compared to mine). But maybe I'm thinking of someone else.

Oh, well, I try to be, but I have enough pedals that I can tuck some of the excess cables away behind or under some of them, as will hopefully be apparent. I need to sort it out when I get back obviously, but it shouldn't look too untidy. It's just trying not to leave all the extra wiring lying about all over the place really. It bothers me, haha!

Yeah I've seen those on ebay, but I haven't tried them. What's the difference between those and the standard nichicons? besides the "MUSE" ones being more matthew

I have read on the internet that they are the only ones that can give you this face :LOL:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUZ9tQsOC1HrWdcuuf2RlAVJHbbFPLXGK8nVxDO1glSngu42jm

And it's true ! :LOL:

Oh, well, I try to be, but I have enough pedals that I can tuck some of the excess cables away behind or under some of them, as will hopefully be apparent. I need to sort it out when I get back obviously, but it shouldn't look too untidy. It's just trying not to leave all the extra wiring lying about all over the place really. It bothers me, haha!

Yeah the main issue is the cables coming from the PSU. No way to buy shorter ones it seems.

I have read on the internet that they are the only ones that can give you this face :LOL:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUZ9tQsOC1HrWdcuuf2RlAVJHbbFPLXGK8nVxDO1glSngu42jm

And it's true ! :LOL:

Prove it :ninja: and that's another one for crazybobbles' collection (although I'm guessing that's no longer online)

the die-fet was a little slack when I had it, but I didn't think I'd fucked it that much. I guess it didn't like me slapping the bass through it? Great pedal though

I found it did loads of sounds which I already have, and then the high gain one which is ace, but I have a Tech21 XXL which beats it, hence moving it on