james90

Mhh, I had a jcm2000 ( it's broken now ) , it's perfect for the " crunchy sound " like in the early version of Plug in Baby, but for some " heavy sound " like the solo of Uno, I think it's the decatone.

And tell me if I'm wrong, but matchless dc30 is just an amp based on the ac30, right ?

Yeah most likely. I've never seen him use the DSL on the red channel during the showbiz tour, but it's pretty obvious he started using it during the OOS tour.

and not sure, but I imagine it is.

DSL50 incoming :)

oh shit. any idea what year it is?

Post 2000, but had the harshness mod & valve heating mods done, so hopefully a bit more reliable than some.

Getting it for a song, so no complaints

harshness mod? I had the mainboard replaced in mine, but otherwise it's stock and sounds great. Only thing I don't like is how the EQ needs to be tweaked between the two channels (green channel has loads more low end than red channel)

HEY NOW :phu:

mike_soldano.jpg

harshness mod? I had the mainboard replaced in mine, but otherwise it's stock and sounds great. Only thing I don't like is how the EQ needs to be tweaked between the two channels (green channel has loads more low end than red channel)

mike_soldano.jpg

The same is true of the DSL15c that I have. Even with the DEEP switch engaged, it's a bit lightweight. That said, when I demo'd the 15h head into a 2x12 sealed cab, the difference was much less pronounced, so perhaps that's the setup that it's voiced for. It can still Hullabaloo though, so that's ok.

The same is true of the DSL15c that I have. Even with the DEEP switch engaged, it's a bit lightweight. That said, when I demo'd the 15h head into a 2x12 sealed cab, the difference was much less pronounced, so perhaps that's the setup that it's voiced for. It can still Hullabaloo though, so that's ok.

Really? I can't stand what the deep switch does. It adds a really boom-y low end that's pretty much useless for a guitar sound (if that makes sense)

All controls at half is where it sounds best on the red channel, but I turn the bass down a bit on the green channel (especially in crunch mode)

I understand that the deep switch is in the power section with these, sort of like one of those resonance controls (basically like a presence control but adds low end). If that's the case, maybe it's possible to change a few component values to make it more usable...only thing is that it would affect both channels

Just a bright cap mod of some kind to smooth out the ovd a bit. I'd never heard of it either, but it does sound bloody good.

Once I get it i'll pop it open and take gutshots

Just a bright cap mod of some kind to smooth out the ovd a bit. I'd never heard of it either, but it does sound bloody good.

Once I get it i'll pop it open and take gutshots

is this a common modification? Can't seem to find any sound clips of that particular one. I did have a modded DSL 100 a while back, but they were incredibly minor tweaks...the red channel sounded amazing, but unfortunately it made the green channel even darker in the process

The orange DSL on the last page is one of the better sounding ones I've played as far as the red channel goes. Some sounded overly thin and harsh, but this one is pretty nice. Not sure if it was like that before the new mainboard went in though

One thing that's starting to bother me is the loud pop when switching between channels, but this only happens when I'm actually playing through it at the same time.

What cabinet are you going to be running it through?

Almost done, few fuzz pedals due and a compressor then its just the floor controller :-)

which fuzz pedals? the z vex thing?

Almost done, few fuzz pedals due and a compressor then its just the floor controller :-)

Haha oh shit, just saw that pop up on my fb feed and liked it, didn't realise it was you! Been thinking about what case to get when I can afford a decent one and what size it should be. Aside from the Kemper am interested in getting a rackmount audio interface and maybe just a power unit for them both. Need a solid job before I can splash out on a whole rack though. Still don't even have a footswitch or anything

is this a common modification? Can't seem to find any sound clips of that particular one. I did have a modded DSL 100 a while back, but they were incredibly minor tweaks...the red channel sounded amazing, but unfortunately it made the green channel even darker in the process

The orange DSL on the last page is one of the better sounding ones I've played as far as the red channel goes. Some sounded overly thin and harsh, but this one is pretty nice. Not sure if it was like that before the new mainboard went in though

One thing that's starting to bother me is the loud pop when switching between channels, but this only happens when I'm actually playing through it at the same time.

What cabinet are you going to be running it through?

which fuzz pedals? the z vex thing?

yeah the fuzzolo and a fussed to

Perhaps not your usual instrument related pics but here's my two newest additions! :awesome:

0ada47eeaf787dd89bddbd20da214d75.jpg

JBL LSR305s, fairly cheap but I've heard stellar things about them from all over the place, so I thought I'd go for it! Sound great so far.

Here is the new one :

It's a 96' Fender Jazz Bass Geddy Lee, crafted in Japan.

The neck is beautiful and a joy to play.

18870279676_07b7a22ece_z.jpgJazz Bass Geddy Lee 1996 by Arny, sur Flickr

It has Crel Pickups, it's a french brand with sort of coil tap setting on the two pickups.

18870249106_63518eb7d0_z.jpgJazz Bass Geddy Lee 1996 by Arny, sur Flickr

The biding is beautiful.

18896485605_09017d61b0_z.jpgJazz Bass Geddy Lee 1996 by Arny, sur Flickr

18708751280_e8260df73b_z.jpgJazz Bass Geddy Lee 1996 by Arny, sur Flickr

Family picture :

18891192012_404cd5ba5b_z.jpgJazz Bass Geddy Lee 1996 by Arny, sur Flickr

I will have to buy Schaller Strap locks and a good strap, as well as a good amp that I can use in my bedroom..

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...