• 3 weeks later...

what a shit stupid day. got tuners and bridges today. i got the mini gotoh 510 tuners instead of the full size ones to save a bit of weight and also they will look less ungainly. turns out the mini 3 aside ones are not normal 3 aside ones with smaller buttons, but just the same as the six aside ones. they have different fixing methods, which means the top two wont fit next to each other. which is a bastard. luckily i have ONE set of the full size ones on another guitar, so taking one of those for each of these is the only way to fit. so there'll be five minis and one fullsize on each guitar (buttons will all be the same so it wont look THAT stupid).

THEN

i have a metal jig thing to do the string through holes. while screwing that to one of the bodies, the screw broke off. and it wasnt broken off above the wood. o no. it was broken off beneath the level of the wood. and would it drill out? would it bugger. so i had to route a little hole next to it to get the damn thing out and fill it with an off cut.

october hates me. and i hate it

what a shit stupid day. got tuners and bridges today. i got the mini gotoh 510 tuners instead of the full size ones to save a bit of weight and also they will look less ungainly. turns out the mini 3 aside ones are not normal 3 aside ones with smaller buttons, but just the same as the six aside ones. they have different fixing methods, which means the top two wont fit next to each other. which is a bastard. luckily i have ONE set of the full size ones on another guitar, so taking one of those for each of these is the only way to fit. so there'll be five minis and one fullsize on each guitar (buttons will all be the same so it wont look THAT stupid).

THEN

i have a metal jig thing to do the string through holes. while screwing that to one of the bodies, the screw broke off. and it wasnt broken off above the wood. o no. it was broken off beneath the level of the wood. and would it drill out? would it bugger. so i had to route a little hole next to it to get the damn thing out and fill it with an off cut.

october hates me. and i hate it

sounds like a bastard.

is it not worth getting new tuners? would be a shame to leave them looking slightly odd with 1 different sized tuner each.