i never have but i would. be no change from a righty

well, there is. If I get a right handed guitar and try and make it a lefty for me, the bridge is angled wrong so the harmonics are totally out.

It never sounds in tune on the top E.

I spent shit loads on my yamaha pacifica, thinking that, because it was a good name, I'd get a good left handed guitar. It sounds good, but the flipping knobs are wrong. To turn it up, you turn it down and vice versa! 1 is loudest, 10 is quietest.

I had to pay an extra £45 for it being left handed. The very same model in the shop, right handed was up for £155, mine was £210 and I only got a tenner knocked off because I pointed out the huge scratch on the back.

I would buy another one next year, if I could be sure it was a true lefty, not just a thrown together adapted righty.

well, there is. If I get a right handed guitar and try and make it a lefty for me, the bridge is angled wrong so the harmonics are totally out.

It never sounds in tune on the top E.

I spent shit loads on my yamaha pacifica, thinking that, because it was a good name, I'd get a good left handed guitar. It sounds good, but the flipping knobs are wrong. To turn it up, you turn it down and vice versa! 1 is loudest, 10 is quietest.

I had to pay an extra £45 for it being left handed. The very same model in the shop, right handed was up for £155, mine was £210 and I only got a tenner knocked off because I pointed out the huge scratch on the back.

I would buy another one next year, if I could be sure it was a true lefty, not just a thrown together adapted righty.

you just need to do some adjustments to that. swap the grounded and live sides of the volume/tones pots around, adjust the saddles on the bridge and you'll be set. i don't understand why lefties get ripped off on the guitar front.

you just need to do some adjustments to that. swap the grounded and live sides of the volume/tones pots around, adjust the saddles on the bridge and you'll be set. i don't understand why lefties get ripped off on the guitar front.

I'm just worried that if I start faffing about with it, I'll break it. It's only the knobs on the pacifica that are a problem.

Pissed me off when I realised though, I mean, you don't really pay attention to the knobs when you're in the shop.

Left handed Acoustic guitars are actually harder to get properly made.

I've got three and they all sound like shit!

and now while drilling the string through holes, my special hardened drill bit has bent. woo.

ack..are the holes way off now?

still considering getting a guitar from you at some point..i have it planned out pretty well, but... what scale length would you recommend for C standard tuning? (I'd have 13's on it for what it's worth)

I think the last guitar I had setup for C standard had a 25" scale length (same as PRS)...playability was pretty nice, but just wondering whether to go with a longer or shorter scale.

• 4 weeks later...

cream tied in with the nut and inlay. i tried it with black (i have a black and a cream cover spare) and it really didnt look right so cream it was.

it sounds nice - not too bright, not too dark - very airy. it has a loud acoustic sound and it crunches up nice

and yes, so long as you;d be paying me for it hehe

cream tied in with the nut and inlay. i tried it with black (i have a black and a cream cover spare) and it really didnt look right so cream it was.

it sounds nice - not too bright, not too dark - very airy. it has a loud acoustic sound and it crunches up nice

and yes, so long as you;d be paying me for it hehe

course i would! i'd be wanting a full flame maple neck, i'd guess i'd be easier to do it with a separate fretboard rather than setting the truss rod in the back with a skunk stripe or whatever they call it?

tele heel, 22 medium frets, no inlay, just side dots. pretty much going for the same sort of thing as that quilt manson tele.

1756_1_large.jpg

how much do you reckon? :)

phil - start at £250. obviously the more expensive the wood the more it would go up, but £250's about where it would be. that would be either oil or acrylic finish. if you wanted nitro it would be a bit more

firu - those exact ones (or ones like them) would be around £1750-1850. a very basic model (no top, no carving etc) would start around £1250

phil - start at £250. obviously the more expensive the wood the more it would go up, but £250's about where it would be. that would be either oil or acrylic finish. if you wanted nitro it would be a bit more

firu - those exact ones (or ones like them) would be around £1750-1850. a very basic model (no top, no carving etc) would start around £1250

Yeah, I'd just be after a clear acrylic gloss. No need for nitro.

I'll keep you posted on it then. :)

iv been ill for the last month or so, otherwise they'd both be finished, but iv only been able to do so much a day so just been working on one at a time.

so this ones done

27.jpg

28.jpg

32.jpg

that is super sexy. i am seriously considering something from you in the future. obviously costing a lil less than that. can i get anything for standard strat/tele price? around the £400 mark? doubt it. what with the lack of assembly line and all.

edit: can't find the bloody spoiler tag?? anyone?

oh and well done on the guitars man. amazing how much effort goes in to it.

2nd edit: realised i may have sounded very noobish. is it more based on a specs then quote basis?

Edited by adds