awesome build hooglebug. Those p90's look at home in that. It looks like it should be called something like a '69 custom or something! :LOL: looks great!

The spoiler tags are just < spoiler> without the space.

[ spoiler] without the space. been doing html NeilDOT?

what pickups are those? BKPs?

yeah. p92's. needed 92's to compensate for the brightness of the top and neck woods. and as the pickups are screwed straight onto both it makes a difference

very nice - how would you say a P92 compares to a standard P90? (I've only tried the standard BKP 90 bridge pickup..though that was the 'dog ear' version).

Also, thumbs up on the natural finish - looks great.

If I end up getting a guitar built by you (I still plan to - and Sam has only said positive things about your work) I think I'd want something with fancy wood like that...just not familiar with woods other than the standard alder, ash, mahogany, maple, etc.

they get gradually more powerful from 90,91 and 92. they have different magnets and wire and are slightly more humbucker sounding. bit darker etc but still in the p90 ballpark.

this is a good start for body/top woods. the place i go to to get woods has some of them, and purpleheart too.

other things id be able to get from over there in your land. which is a pain but o well.

thanks for the link - I'd forgotten about that.

i'll have to read about the wood types for a while - not entirely sure which ones will sound good together, but i assume it's the same idea as a LP for example (maple is a brighter sounding wood, mahogany is a darker sounding wood)

i could be completely wrong about that though haha

for some reason i like the feel and sound of the sakura better, but the looks of the desiree. theres still obviously bits i dont like - there always is. like certain places could have been sanded better etc.

the neck on the sakura feels better because i put less coats of oil on so it feels more natural but otherwise they're really close.

they've got big chunky necks too which i really like

• 2 weeks later...