I thought after the Olympics they're either gonna reduce the capacity of the stadium or turn it into a football stadium? And considering by that time the club who bought it would probably just have moved in I doubt they'd want a huge gig all over their turf

The World Athletics Championships in 2017 will take place in the Olympic Stadium. So in the five year gap, there could well be a gig or two ;).

Green Day?

Yeah I've heard GD rumoured. It could be true as they should have a new album out and I'd like that one to be true as I loved their show at Wembley 2 years ago and it'd be nice to see them again (even if I'd probably go for an arena gig instead because I'm a wuss).

The Kasabian one - I'm not sure. They've practically confirmed they're headlining Hard Rock Calling Festival and I think they still want to do a show at Leicester City's stadium. But beyond that - who knows, maybe they'll do a Pulp and play both.

I thought the Stone Roses would do it to try and seek amends for Reading 96, but they're doing V instead.

I'd still bet money on Kasabian.

So would I

Foo Fighters and QOTSA on the same day?

Yes. :yesey:

Wouldn't Dave get a bit knackered though? :LOL:

Dave was only with QOTSA for a few months, although to be honest I could imagine him featuring on a song if both of them were on the same date

I can't imagine Green Day being there next year, neither Biffy. I swear Biffy are only just starting on a new album?

Kasabian must be almost definite. Foos are pretty strong as well, I think I read that RHCP aren't as likely though

So would I

Dave was only with QOTSA for a few months, although to be honest I could imagine him featuring on a song if both of them were on the same date

I can't imagine Green Day being there next year, neither Biffy. I swear Biffy are only just starting on a new album?

Kasabian must be almost definite. Foos are pretty strong as well, I think I read that RHCP aren't as likely though

Didn't know. Never really looked into the band, just listened to some of their music. I just assumed that Dave played with them every now and again.

Considering how much promotion the new RHCP album got, I would not at all be surprised if they played even in spite of the Knebworth, Croke Park and SoL shows.

Taylor said Foo's may play Reading but I'm not 100% convinced myself. They were here last summer so unless they only do the Carling Weekend then I can't see it happening.

Green Day are a pretty good shout too. They haven't done Reading in a good while (they never headlined during the 21st Century Breakdown Tour). I can see them being one of the three.

Kasabian is an interesting one. I'm not sure they're quite big enough in my eyes to be anything but 'the other headliner' like Strokes were this year. That's no offence to Kasabian but they're not exactly mega-stars, even here in the UK.

The Prodigy have been strongly rumoured recently. That'd suck.

If I were to have a dream trio, personally I'd like to see Radiohead back so that they at least play a fucking UK show. Slipknot may be an outside shot and that's something different. They dropped out of the Festival a few years back when Joey broke his foot. With a new album about to drop, they're bound to do either Carling or Download. That leaves the third slot for Nickelback.

trololololol.

I had a think about Radiohead, and Thom said they are planning a UK tour next year, so I think they could have a chance. My predictions now are

Biff then Foos (remember Frakkles, they havent really done a UK tour yet)

QOTSA then Green Day

Maybe Kasabian then Muse Radiohead (fucking hope, I love Radiohead as much as Muse)

Also, what are these rumours about Muse being asked back? If I'm honest, I wouldnt be surprised, the reading fest promoters have been going on about them a lot.

Taylor said Foo's may play Reading but I'm not 100% convinced myself. They were here last summer so unless they only do the Carling Weekend then I can't see it happening.

Green Day are a pretty good shout too. They haven't done Reading in a good while (they never headlined during the 21st Century Breakdown Tour). I can see them being one of the three.

Kasabian is an interesting one. I'm not sure they're quite big enough in my eyes to be anything but 'the other headliner' like Strokes were this year. That's no offence to Kasabian but they're not exactly mega-stars, even here in the UK.

I didn't think Foo's were too likely until I saw that Taylor had mentioned it, now I imagine that they'll be there, I see no reason why R&L wouldn't wanna book them, seeing as they did T in the Park and Isle of Wight last year they'll probably be a UK exclusive

Green Day I can't see happening

Kasabian I'm almost 100%. Plus there always tends to be an act each year which is breaking into headline status? 2009 was Arctic Monkeys, 2010 Arcade Fire, 2011 MCR and Kasabian next year? They're certainly big enough, one of the most hyped bands around at the moment

Archived