Coldplay, Muse, Damon Albarn asked to write London 2012 Olympics anthem

a-museing

Coldplay, Muse and Damon Albarn have reportedly been approached to write the official anthem for the London 2012 Olympics.

According to the Daily Mirror Chris Martin and co are the organisers' top pick for the job, and have been asked to write "something inspirational" for the official song of the event.

A source told the paper: "Chris is at the top of the list to front the official record. We're pulling out all the stops to get Chris, ideally with the rest of Coldplay involved too."

Joss Stone has also reportedly been approached to take part in the games' opening ceremony, as well as Coldplay - should they agree to write the song.

The Olympics 2012 opening ceremony is being put together by Slumdog Millionaire and 127 Hours director Danny Boyle.

http://www.nme.com/news/coldplay/55997

do they have to work together.

i was about to say at least it won't be like nsc but muse + coldplay ehhhhhh.

I don't think they're working together. I got the impression that they all got approached to write a song. Presumably the best song out of all of them will be picked.

I expect this to be more 'Invincible' then 'NSC' tbh

I don't think they're working together. I got the impression that they all got approached to write a song. Presumably the best song out of all of them will be picked.

I expect this to be more 'Invincible' then 'NSC' tbh

hopefully a b&h, if we're lucky.

Haha this idea sounds a hoot - if it IS a real story.

Can't really see those 3 egos together tbh (yes Chris must have one - he's in a Rock Band)...

BUT can you imagine Matt's imagination let loose with all the Olympic hoohaa. Flames, flashy lights, sequinned flags, mad acrobatics, billions of dancers - he would be in his OTT element!! :LOL: The trouble is, it'd give him too many ideas for the next tour - we'd never ever get a "normal" gig again :rolleyes::facepalm:

Not too sure whether any of the 3 would write a song to order though. I mean, Matt had already written NSC before, hadn't he? And just decided to give it to Tw*****t? This^ is a bit like writing an elaborate jingle...but being told what to write surely goes against the Rock creativity ethic...

Not too sure whether any of the 3 would write a song to order though. I mean, Matt had already written NSC before, hadn't he? And just decided to give it to Tw*****t? This^ is a bit like writing an elaborate jingle...but being told what to write surely goes against the Rock creativity ethic...

In this case though, the Olympics is a much more credible project to work on than Twilight :p I would have preferred to see Muse work with Queen for this however

I'd prefer Coldplay to do it tbh. As much as I'd love for Muse to do it, I can't help feeling that they'd be straining to write the song rather than it coming naturally, and we might end up with some real cheesy song.

Not to say Coldplay wouldn't come out with a cheesy song, but they can pull off cheesy better

Archived