Ukrainian Muse fans against inflated prices for the concert!

Chicken

Dear representatives of Muse band!

We are very pleased that our favorite band will come to us with a gig in Ukraine on May, 24th. We've been waiting for this for 4 years and it finally happened!

But now we are facing a big problem - the tickets' price. We understand that bringing such a great band to Kyiv is a very expensive thing. But not that much! With an average salary of $120-140 and scholarships of $80, price for the concert varies from $70 to $140. This is hardly possible in our conditions. A huge number of fans from all over Ukraine will not be able to attend this fantastic gig. We are asking you - if it is in your jurisdiction - to assist us in this matter and make the organizers to reduce the price.

We are trying to find some sponsors, we appeal to mass media, but the time is almost out - tickets will be in sale tomorrow, we had only one or two days for everything.

Dear Muse, your songs have inspired us and gave strength to fight for our rights! So we are fighting. For our rights and for the chance to thank you back. Thank you for being there.

We will be victorious.

Thanx for your attention.

Our protest group - http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_193419204026168

With all love and deep respect,

Muse fans of Ukraine.

Hi, so I live never ever post here, just occasionally lurk, but this is one of the most IGNORANT posts I've ever seen and I had to reply. People in the Ukraine make A LOT less money than anyone in the US, which I noticed you're from. Saying that money will not come between them and Muse is just wrong. Some might give up most of their monthly salary- you know they need money for food and rent and stuff- to see Muse. Besides, this whole thing about 'real muse fans' is so old. People don't have to give up so much to be a 'real' fan You can't give up vitals in your life for a band, even if you absolutely adore them.

Don't know if people in the Ukraine will get the prices down, but good luck to you!:) Hope things work out so you guys get to see what you obviously know is a great band.:)

+1 agree

I really hope you will be succesful with decreasing the prices! This is just wrong.:noey: I understand that this is not Muse fault, but organizers should put the prices in proportion with standard in the country. It`s just not fair and it makes me sad.:( So good luck Ukraine!!

Maybe will not be in vain.

We did something like that here in Brazil with Coldplay, they were charging R$ 600 (£223) for a fan-zone ticket!

We did a campain against that on twitter and other midias and they low the prices to R$500 (£186), still expensive, but £186 it's better than £223 :p. I think it worth at least try..

Good luck guys :happy:

yeah this sort of thing has happened before. I remember last year something about fans in Israel threatening to boycott Metallica's only gig in the country because of prices, and after a few days the band themselves got involved to cut down the prices. so best of luck getting this recognised by the right people :)

On the news thread someone has said this:

Ukraine dates are 500 grivnas which is 38 pounds which is 45 euro. The prices here are highly exaggerated...

And no one has replied. :erm:

That sounds cheaper than it has been elsewhere. Is it tickets at the front, people are complaining about not affording?

It is a bit of a shame to see someone talk about boycotting concerts which have been waited for so long and were unexpected.

I thought Muse had already finished their tour but they're still announcing dates. We should be thankful for that. In all honestly, they don't need to do any at all now.

Gotta love how that's cheaper than my O2 ticket from 2009... (meaning the 500 UAH)

But good luck.

It is the cheapest price for seats area, that located farthest, but standing area cost $140 and $100. Tell me, please, where else standing area cost so much?

I thought Muse had already finished their tour but they're still announcing dates. We should be thankful for that. In all honestly, they don't need to do any at all now.

They never NEED to do anything. They tour there for the same reason that they tour anywhere else. It's not like these shows are any different than the rest.

i'm sorry, what is the avarage salary in Australia?

Of course the average Australian earns the same as the average Ukrainian, right?:rolleyes:

What does that have to do with it? He asked for countries that has to pay that kind of money. I'm not saying the ticket prices are fair.

. I'm not saying the ticket prices are fair.

No but you thought you'd pop in and fling your usual sarcasm at people who are clearly distressed at not being able to afford a gig ticket.

One day, when you reach adulthood, you'll look back on some of the things you've posted and realise what a silly little boy you are.

I'm not saying that Kiev gig is way too-o-o-o-o-o expensive. No. But it is quite expensive. Getting back to the Australian shows, the prices are 40 USD cheaper.

I thought the prices were 140 USD? The Australian shows were approximately 130.

No but you thought you'd pop in and fling your usual sarcasm at people who are clearly distressed at not being able to afford a gig ticket.

One day, when you reach adulthood, you'll look back on some of the things you've posted and realise what a silly little boy you are.

Or maybe I'll just realise how little this actually means and affects my life. I'm sure I'll manage.

Oh look, I did it again.

Archived