The problem is that

- KOC sounds good as a closer

- it doesn't sound as good anywhere else in the setlist imo

During the BH&R tour they actually had 2 alternatives: TAB-KOC (like in the album) or KOC-TAB.

I prefer the former.

But

Can you imagine how amazing Man with a Harmonica would sound at the very beginning of the gig?

It was an amazing closer. The first hundred times maybe.

I'm afraid I haven't had the opportunity to see it a hundred times. :p I can't imagine ever not loving it. I think MWAH needs to go though, I got bored of that after the first time I seen it.

It is. Once. But every single gig?

Surely you can only argue that if you have been to every single gig.

Songs are only deemed predictable and boring if people choose to see every single setlist. I think the best answer is that if you don't want to feel like you're getting a stale setlist is to consider not following sets.

Personally, I think that if you're willing to keep looking at setlists of gigs you aren't at then it's your own fault if it ruins your gig experience when you DO go to a gig. The issue should never be set content, more the length of the shows and the total sum of songs played. Two hours should be minimum for a band of Muse's stature.

Songs are only deemed predictable and boring if people choose to see every single setlist. I think the best answer is that if you don't want to feel like you're getting a stale setlist is to consider not following sets.

Personally, I think that if you're willing to keep looking at setlists of gigs you aren't at then it's your own fault if it ruins your gig experience when you DO go to a gig. The issue should never be set content, more the length of the shows and the total sum of songs played. Two hours should be minimum for a band of Muse's stature.

I don't really follow setlists closely at all. I've seen Muse five times since November 2009 and they closed with KoC five times. By the third time I'd had enough of it and would have welcomed seeing something else close for a change.

I still think it's a great song and I don't think it should be dropped altogether, just that Muse should break out of the routine of MWAH+KoC to end every gig. It's way too predictable.

Couldn't agree more

Exogenesis: Symphony Part I (Overture)

Resistance

Knights of Cydonia

Supermassive Black Hole

The Star-Spangled Banner riff + Interlude + Hysteria + Back in Black outro

Unnatural Selection + Township Rebellion riff

Nishe

United States of Eurasia

Ruled By Secrecy

Helsinki Jam

Undisclosed Desires

Starlight

Undone - The Sweater Song riff + Time Is Running Out + Power of Soul riff + El Scorcho riff (watch) (watch)

Plug In Baby

Encore

Uprising (riff version)

Stockholm Syndrome + School riff + Endless Nameless riff

Take a Bow

http://musewiki.org/Raleigh_RBC_Center_2010_(gig)

We got similar to the setlist above in Brisbane night 2 (exo opening, Knights 3rd, and TaB closing) and it was sooooo much better than every other muse gig I've been to.

Knights 3rd was awesome cause you could enjoy it without knowing it's the last song (and there was no harmonica) and TaB is an epic closer, easily better than Knights.

Exogenesis: Symphony Part I (Overture)

Resistance

Knights of Cydonia

Supermassive Black Hole

The Star-Spangled Banner riff + Interlude + Hysteria + Back in Black outro

Unnatural Selection + Township Rebellion riff

Nishe

United States of Eurasia

Ruled By Secrecy

Helsinki Jam

Undisclosed Desires

Starlight

Undone - The Sweater Song riff + Time Is Running Out + Power of Soul riff + El Scorcho riff (watch) (watch)

Plug In Baby

Encore

Uprising (riff version)

Stockholm Syndrome + School riff + Endless Nameless riff

Take a Bow

http://musewiki.org/Raleigh_RBC_Center_2010_(gig)

yep, we all sat here and went 'what the actual fuck?!' except for the people going 'wtaf' at the gig... I like MWAH-KOC as a closer but yes, it's predictable and obvious... just wondering what might take MWAH's place as a breather before the final blast? ETA I'm not all that keen on TaB, it was epic at the stadium gigs last year in how it was staged but otherwise it's not on my list.

Out of the 7 gigs I've seen, Take a Bow closed once, Knights twice, and Stockholm FOUR times.

They've definitely gotten accustomed to closing with Knights (or alternately Take a Bow) since 2006 up until now, but Stockholm Syndrome also had its fair share of ending concerts from 2003-2005 and no one really seemed to complain about that.

Most people don't care about every single gig, though. :LOL:

Regardless if most people care about it, would it really be THAT hard to put a different song at the end of the show? Even if it is one they play every show anyway (PiB or SS)

Out of the 7 gigs I've seen, Take a Bow closed once, Knights twice, and Stockholm FOUR times.

They've definitely gotten accustomed to closing with Knights (or alternately Take a Bow) since 2006 up until now, but Stockholm Syndrome also had its fair share of ending concerts from 2003-2005 and no one really seemed to complain about that.

Thats because its their best closer......

/.../ but Stockholm Syndrome also had its fair share of ending concerts from 2003-2005 and no one really seemed to complain about that.

I think that's because you never know what they will do after SS. I mean riffs, stage destruction etc. So, pretty much every gig then had slightly different ending.

OR just because SS is far better than Knights. :p

Regardless if most people care about it, would it really be THAT hard to put a different song at the end of the show? Even if it is one they play every show anyway (PiB or SS)

Not really, but Knights closing isn't a concern for 99% of Muse fans. It only bothers people like us, who keep up-to-date on their setlists, because we know it's coming.

That's why I'm not going to read any threads or watch any videos when the next tour pops up, I want that element of surprise for my next gig. :)

Not really, but Knights closing isn't a concern for 99% of Muse fans. It only bothers people like us, who keep up-to-date on their setlists, because we know it's coming.

That's why I'm not going to read any threads or watch any videos when the next tour pops up, I want that element of surprise for my next gig. :)

If your next gig is during the next tour, you might as well create some extra element of surprise for yourself by just not listening to the next album before the gig.

Me too

Archived