I am curious to find out exactly what you all think it is about Muse's music that makes it so special. Personally, I feel that Matt Bellamy is a creative genious. I also think he has an incredible amount of respect for musicians who are well before his time. It comes through in his musical output.

What do you think?

I am curious to find out exactly what you all think it is about Muse's music that makes it so special. Personally, I feel that Matt Bellamy is a creative genious. I also think he has an incredible amount of respect for musicians who are well before his time. It comes through in his musical output.

What do you think?

Things that make Muse special?

That they don't sound like any other band, despite the comparisons to Radiohead and Queen :rolleyes:

Matt Bellamy's voice. That's my main reason for loving Muse. I never get tired of listening to that voice.

Since I'm a guitarist, I like the instrumental part of their music. While Matt's voice is certainly enviable (and loverly!) I love not just the guitar sounds--and just the guitars themselves, Matt plus Hugh Manson are a fantastic duo--but how well Dom, Chris, and Matt mesh as just three guys playing music, stuff like the keytar, and how they're always pushing the envelope :happy:

definitely Matt's songwriting. he's written and composed amazing and beautiful things, and not only that, he executes them perfectly live too. his singing is haunting and moving and stunning, in my opinion.

But I don't think Muse would have that sound without Dom and Chris of course. I'm still trying to find a better bassist than Chris, and Dom's drumming personality is brilliant.

:musesign:

I'm so in love with Muse because every track of their music is so... inspiring, so... they muse me. :happy: Matt's voice is the most emotional, pure, uniquely beautiful thing I've ever heard. Combine that with his creativity, expressional self in Muse's true-to-heart music which is strait from the heart and ultimately beautiful, and you've got a fitting band name for a truley Godly band.

I said that right to the face of the most religious person in my school when they dissed Muse for the usual.

THese are really great responses. I have thought for years that Matts introspectiveness is what makes the music so great. Really pure and meaningful. The fact that he can take on the really deep topics of our time and execute them through music (lyrics and instrumentally) is great. I have to wonder if maybe he is one of those people of the world that history will remember, like Bach, Mozart, or even the Beatles.

I'm so in love with Muse because every track of their music is so... inspiring, so... they muse me. :happy: Matt's voice is the most emotional, pure, uniquely beautiful thing I've ever heard. Combine that with his creativity, expressional self in Muse's true-to-heart music which is strait from the heart and ultimately beautiful, and you've got a fitting band name for a truley Godly band.

I said that right to the face of the most religious person in my school when they dissed Muse for the usual.

Your signature is awesome. Although I wouldnt have Matt in a heart like that because im male :LOL: even though he is a musical genious and a legend. :matt:

Your signature is awesome. Although I wouldnt have Matt in a heart like that because im male :LOL: even though he is a musical genious and a legend. :matt:

Oh well that doesn't matter! Well not to a lot of straight males whose posts I've read! :chuckle:

I was just thinking about this and it's so difficult to explain but I think maybe it's because Matt is inspired by classical music that he introduces a level of depth that is so appealing. So I think it's the creative rather than performance side ultimately that makes the music so good, though he does also have a lovely voice, puts emotion into the performance and can obviously play instruments well but then others can do that. I think being able to do all those things is unusual though.

But there's something more that I find appealing and I think it's that juxtaposition of conflicting emotions that makes it great. It's like he can communicate something about the human condition in the music and you know what it is but you can't always explain it, or explain how it is conveyed as it's not always to do with the lyrics. There's a kind of amalgamation of darkness and light, tenderness and anger, craziness and sobriety, sorrow and humour and oh god it's making me feel all goosebumpy just to think of it, but yeah. I think it's that! LOL! Well no, I don't think it's just that, it's the way the music affects emotions, but yeah there is that unspoken thing.

It wasnt like that, of course I like him, he is pretty much my hero. But I would look gay.

No it wouldn't :p I find it brave and rather attractive that some straight men are able to confess their love for another male...it doesn't automatically make you gay :unsure:

No it wouldn't :p I find it brave and rather attractive that some straight men are able to confess their love for another male...it doesn't automatically make you gay :unsure:

And what would be wrong with people thinking you're gay anyway?

Unless you are here to get girls, that is.

Archived