It's so hard to pinpoint exactly why I love Muse's music. Listening to their music makes me really happy for some reason. They're the band that I can listen to an infinate number of times and never get tired of listening to it. I think it's a combination of Matt's voice and the way the three of them play together plus the fact that they have so many great songs. I also love how ridiculous they are.

And what would be wrong with people thinking you're gay anyway?

Indeed!

I have to say I love your new avatar Sippe. Cracked me up! :LOL: I think you should keep it!

I still doubt Museyy meant to offend though. I think you just wanted to pick another argument! ;):p

Overall people should be more aware though, I agree with that.

Quite nice thought that the thread has evolved into one where we can all celebrate our pansexual love for Matt! :LOL:

Indeed!

I have to say I love your new avatar Sippe. Cracked me up! :LOL: I think you should keep it!

I still doubt Museyy meant to offend though. I think you just wanted to pick another argument! ;):p

Overall people should be more aware though, I agree with that.

I don't think he wanted to offend, I just think he simply looks down on being gay, or at least is afraid of people thinking he is.

And yes, I'm gonna keep it.

I don't think he wanted to offend, I just think he simply looks down on being gay, or at least is afraid of people thinking he is.

And yes, I'm gonna keep it.

Well it will be a welcome change. We can all be safe in the knowledge that you do love Matt really! :D

I am curious to find out exactly what you all think it is about Muse's music that makes it so special. Personally, I feel that Matt Bellamy is a creative genious. I also think he has an incredible amount of respect for musicians who are well before his time. It comes through in his musical output.

What do you think?

It's all a marketing technique, which plenty have bought into.

Many songs are pretty much the same, they use the same keys chord progressions/changes in a lot of their stuff, what they do have that is good, they don't stick to it, because they go for the sale, rather than the respect of musicians. They have an album called, The Resistance, one very good example of that, see Uprising, pretty much created on the spot during the recession, it didn't really catch on, was just used as a quick promo for the album to try and capture what they seemingly THOUGHT the public was trying to say. Pretty typical, but they seem to change their opinions every interview to try and put themselves 'in' with different crowds, for example when being Emo was all the rage a few years ago in america, they supported My Chemical Romance to try and gain more fans that way......it's all pretty typical stuff for a modern rock band trying to survive.

Their best stuff is Hyperchondriac, despite the lyrics, The Gallery, Fury, Knights of Cydonia, and even then, the majority of it isn't entirely original. 4 songs I know, I'm not going to list a dozen and go in depth.

Muse have had their best days, they know that and are going for the sales and popularity now, which is why they'll be making just generic riffs to keep the older fans quiet, but jumping onto Twilight soundtracks to keep the sales up.

As a genius, no, there isn't much of a genius to music nevermind muse, there are 12 notes, it's not rocket science. Speaking as a musician myself. He's a half decent guitarist, a decent piano player and can knows the characterisitics of his voice. So he has that going for him. But musically, he just puts his own name on his influences such as Tom Morello or Rachmaninov etc.

It's all a marketing technique, which plenty have bought into.

Many songs are pretty much the same, they use the same keys chord progressions/changes in a lot of their stuff, what they do have that is good, they don't stick to it, because they go for the sale, rather than the respect of musicians. They have an album called, The Resistance, one very good example of that, see Uprising, pretty much created on the spot during the recession, it didn't really catch on, was just used as a quick promo for the album to try and capture what they seemingly THOUGHT the public was trying to say.

Their best stuff is Hyperchondriac, despite the lyrics, The Gallery, Fury, Knights of Cydonia, and even then, the majority of it isn't entirely original.

Muse have had their best days, they know that and are going for the sales and popularity now, which is why they'll be making just generic riffs to keep the older fans quiet, but jumping onto Twilight soundtracks to keep the sales up.

Matt Bellamy(<333) would never even think of doing such a thing. He is a genius and the music has always been the most important part for him.

Matt Bellamy(<333) would never even think of doing such a thing. He is a genius and the music has always been the most important part for him.

Wow, can you tell him thanks for the beer for me?

I'm assuming since you can speak for him so well you must be around him on a daily basis :rolleyes::LOL:

There is a huge marketing angle put onto their music and if you think otherwise because of something you think you read in NME then I'd have to respectfully say that you're ignorant of what has made muse successful.....

I'm assuming since you can speak for him so well you must be around him on a daily basis :rolleyes::LOL:

There is a huge marketing angle put onto their music and if you think otherwise because of something you think you read in NME then I'd have to respectfully say that you're ignorant of what has made muse successful.....

Muse would never sell themselves to become mainstream. Matt proved this by playing drums on the performance of Uprising on the italian show.

Oh dear lord...:LOL:

Muse would never sell themselves to become mainstream. Matt proved this by playing drums on the performance of Uprising on the italian show.

Sell themselves? Well, I can't comment on that, though I have no reason to believe they are prosituting themselves to the general public.

Genius is definitely an overused word and doesn't apply to Matt Bellamy.

Where Muse were good was stealing ideas from all over the place and creating something interesting with them. Something they don't do any more and just seem to create pastiches of a genre with Bellamy warbling over the top, far from good art.

Genius would imply being somebody who has reinvented music and created a whole new way of looking at it and continuing to reinvent. Muse almost seem like dad-rockers these days and they are only just hitting their mid-30's!

So now you agree? :confused:

*makes 'over your head' gesture at Sippe*

:LOL:

Though now that we're on the topic I'm pretty sure Matt bellumy sells signed CDs out the back of his van after gigs, £20 for a blowy from dom, £25 to be slapped by chris (if you're into that sort of thing).

*makes 'over your head' gesture at Sippe*

:LOL:

Though now that we're on the topic I'm pretty sure Matt bellumy sells signed CDs out the back of his van after gigs, £20 for a blowy from dom, £25 to be slapped by chris (if you're into that sort of thing).

You're just jealous because they are famous.

Genius is definitely an overused word and doesn't apply to Matt Bellamy.

Where Muse were good was stealing ideas from all over the place and creating something interesting with them. Something they don't do any more and just seem to create pastiches of a genre with Bellamy warbling over the top, far from good art.

Genius would imply being somebody who has reinvented music and created a whole new way of looking at it and continuing to reinvent. Muse almost seem like dad-rockers these days and they are only just hitting their mid-30's!

Muse circa-2011

jazz%20band-761437.jpg

Archived