What would you say has been the best gig muse have ever done

troymellor

Fell in love with muse after watching their performance at glastonbury 2004, and i continue to love that performance to this day

but what would you say your favourite performance by them is

also i have no idea if this has been done had a quick look didnt see anything so dont snap me head off about it already being done

Of the eighteen (or is it nineteen?!) I've attended I THINK I'd say Earls Court (I went to the first night) and RAH were my favourites but my first in Brighton in 2003 will always be special. Of course, Marlay Park was amazing too. Oh I don't know, really hard to choose!

Montreux '02, Earls Court '04, Glastonbury '04, HAARP, and of course Hullabaloo.

I'd say:

1. Hulla

2. Montreux

3. Earls Court

4. Glasto

5. HAARP

(You know, 3 of those had two nights, so you should probably mention which night ;) )

Judging by video/audio footage, since it would be pretty pointless otherwise:

1. Earls Court 2004 - 19th

2. Paris Zénith 2001 - 29th

3. Glastonbury 2004

Would be my top3.

Teignmouth 2009 - Seaside Rendezvous - because of

1. the atmos

2. first chance anywhere to hear the new album

3. small crowd and we could get near the front without getting too battered

4. all the old dears rocking out on the balcony of the care home opposite

5. easy parking

6. who doesn't love a gig where you can see the sea?

7. it was really close to home :-)

Out of the seven I've been to:

1. Earls Court 2004 (19th)

2. Eden Project 2006

3. Royal Albert Hall 2008

But if I was to choose from every video source we have, I'm gonna have to go with Glastonbury 2004; it was just so perfect. Sound, performance, setup, passion, setlist, spectacle, history, etc. Muse peaked that night.

tempted to say Teignmouth, the atmosphere and excitement around the place on the day was monumental. felt so priveledged to have tickets and be there.

Wembley '10 second night was a better setlist though, as was Marlay Park. so its hard to chose for me.

Of the ones I didnt attend, it would be Montreax

of course the gigs i've been to.. i went to three out of the four gigs in south korea and the first gig was just amazing, setlist was better, the crowd went crazy over their first visit and all. But from the videos and bootlegs i'll have to say earls court in 2004 the first night and the close second would be glastonbury 2004.

The Royal Albert Hall. I was on the barrier, amazing venue and setlist (Megalomania played on the organ, and Fury), and met Chris after. Second choice would have to be the Saturday at Teignmouth...just because it was their hometown and heard some of the new songs for the first time (USoE with Matt messing up Collateral Damage...very funny, etc).

I've only seen them once in Cincinnati on this last tour which was great cause it was my first time seeing them but I will admit the setlist was below average. Only hits were played :( But from ones I've watched I'd have to say Zenith '01, RAH '08, and what they show at Top Cat's in Cincinnati during The Groove in the States on the Abso DVD. Where his bomber was jacked haha. Would have loved to see them in that tiny little place. As for HAARP, I love the DVD but i can see how the performance is average. Most of the energy on the DVD comes from the rapid changes between shots and the kinetic camera movements.

Archived