good good! see ya thursday with that bad boy :LOL:

indeed :cool: I now have my perfect kit!

The drums (although not top end) sound ace! The snare, cymbals and hardware all all top-end and professional gear!

Next step is upgrading the drums to maple shells - will cost thousands tho....wont be for a few years now! hahaha :LOL:

indeed :cool: I now have my perfect kit!

The drums (although not top end) sound ace! The snare, cymbals and hardware all all top-end and professional gear!

Next step is upgrading the drums to maple shells - will cost thousands tho....wont be for a few years now! hahaha :LOL:

Our drummer just got a mega bargain.

He ordered in a custom mapex saturn kit from mapex, but his kit was water damaged in transit.

He phoned them, went ape shit and sent him a custom spec mapex orion kit.

He's got the reciept with the discounted prices of the orion compared to his saturn, and he saved a shit load!

Our drummer just got a mega bargain.

He ordered in a custom mapex saturn kit from mapex, but his kit was water damaged in transit.

He phoned them, went ape shit and sent him a custom spec mapex orion kit.

He's got the reciept with the discounted prices of the orion compared to his saturn, and he saved a shit load!

haha thats awesome!

Guest bshuker
;5469301']sibelius 5

although the instrument sounds are SHOCKINGLY awful its pretty good :)

You understand it's a scoring package, and the instrument sounds are of little importance right?

I hate sibelius. Its such a bitch to get the notes in the exact spot, and if you try and place a Sharp/flat note, and you miss and adjust it by sliding it up, it looses its sharp/flat... i mean srsly! wtf! SCREW U GUIZ, IM GOIN HOAM

Guest bshuker
I hate sibelius. Its such a bitch to get the notes in the exact spot, and if you try and place a Sharp/flat note, and you miss and adjust it by sliding it up, it looses its sharp/flat... i mean srsly! wtf! SCREW U GUIZ, IM GOIN HOAM

Toff you can type the notes in on the keyboard (i.e. A, B, C, D etc) and it will put the note in the nearest octave to the previous note.

Once you learn all the keyboard shortcuts, Sibelius is a fiercely quick piece of software to use. (Get used to using the numpad for selecting note values and inserting accidentals), also you can navigate through passages with the arrow keys. Move notes up/down (if they are selected) with the arrow keys, shift up/down an octave with ctrl+arrow keys (applekey+arrow keys on mac).

etcetcetc

I've been using it since Sibelius 3 (even if that was only like 4 years ago lol) and it's just great.

Guest bshuker
just link it up with kontakt or something for good sounding compositions

Yep trufax, a light edition of Kontakt 2 comes with Sibelius 5, and some of the orchestral sounds are quite nice.

The drums though are very much more of an Orchestral sounding kit/possibly a bit jazzy so don't work great if you're writing rock songs lol.

However the beauty of Sibelius 5 is it has full AU/VST instrument plugin support so you can just hook up some nice sounds to it. It's a bit of a pain to configure, but once you do it works great (and you can save the presets on sibelius, also if you really want to get into it you can assign your favourite sounds as default to the instruments so that Sibelius will load them up for you when you start a new project).

Toff you can type the notes in on the keyboard (i.e. A, B, C, D etc) and it will put the note in the nearest octave to the previous note.

Once you learn all the keyboard shortcuts, Sibelius is a fiercely quick piece of software to use. (Get used to using the numpad for selecting note values and inserting accidentals), also you can navigate through passages with the arrow keys. Move notes up/down (if they are selected) with the arrow keys, shift up/down an octave with ctrl+arrow keys (applekey+arrow keys on mac).

etcetcetc

I've been using it since Sibelius 3 (even if that was only like 4 years ago lol) and it's just great.

Is that the same for all versions? Im pretty sure it was Sibelius 2 or 3 they had at my old school, so thats a pretty old version. Whenever i randomly bashed the keyboard out of frustration (lol), nothing seemed to happen, maybe the shortcuts were disabled idk. Either way, they would of made it A LOT easier, getting scores down took far too long.

Although, i did love the presentation you could get on Sibelius (composer, title, freedom to put undertitles anywhere etc etc). Im not that up to date on other scorewriters, but the ease of that part of sibelius was fantastic.

Orange Rocker 30w

Orange PPC-212

My bank account is lol.

that's the same (band) setup i've used for the past six months.

itz epic win. you'll like it i think.

i usually have my 2x12 on its side though - much easier to hear myself that way.

that's the same (band) setup i've used for the past six months.

itz epic win. you'll like it i think.

i usually have my 2x12 on its side though - much easier to hear myself that way.

That's what ive been doing today, easier to reach the controls too! haha, its fucking epic winnings the amp though.

Archived