Cheap, like $200 New Zealand Dollars new. You can convert that if you like.

The sounds are pretty hit and miss (as you would expect). Piano settings are fairly rubbish but I'm not all that interested in them anyway. Most of the string and synth pad settings sound pretty good to my ear and I like the harp and glass harmonica settings too.

I'll probably just end up using it as a midi controller anyway but for the money I really can't complain.

Edit: The model is a CTK-496.

To be fair though, the current white Macbook isn't too bad a deal overall. I was always going to crack, I've gone too long without Space Designer in my life :(

Oooo so you've got a brand spanking new one? I know you were looking at second hand ones.

But you've been going on about getting one for so long I was like "Oh hurry up and lose the Mac virginity already." :LOL:

Have fun :) You vill luff it or else...

Oooo so you've got a brand spanking new one? I know you were looking at second hand ones.

But you've been going on about getting one for so long I was like "Oh hurry up and lose the Mac virginity already." :LOL:

Have fun :) You vill luff it or else...

I thought it would be better to have some form of warranty on it. I'm hardly losing my Mac virginity, this is more like being married to one now, used to be able to jump between all the Macs at college and my friend's ones... :(

I thought it would be better to have some form of warranty on it. I'm hardly losing my Mac virginity, this is more like being married to one now, used to be able to jump between all the Macs at college and my friend's ones... :(

Nice analogy :LOL:

I've had a few Mac marriages, and I've been widowed a couple of times. :( I miss the little Macintosh "Colour Classic" I had in my room when I was 5. <3

just googled that company... some very cool stuff on their website. what kinda prices do they go for? slash hows the "mouse" sound?

They're all around $125 in New Zealand so they're very reasonably priced. The company spend zilch of their budget on advertising (so 100% on production) which is how they can offer them at such low prices.

It hasn't arrived yet but I'll let you know when it does. I think it might be based around a Keeley modded Rat with the three different modes.

You might want to check out the AD-7 'Analogue' delay. It's not actually analogue but they've got quite a reputation among New Zealand guitarists for their sound.

They're all around $125 in New Zealand so they're very reasonably priced. The company spend zilch of their budget on advertising (so 100% on production) which is how they can offer them at such low prices.

It hasn't arrived yet but I'll let you know when it does. I think it might be based around a Keeley modded Rat with the three different modes.

You might want to check out the AD-7 'Analogue' delay. It's not actually analogue but they've got quite a reputation among New Zealand guitarists for their sound.

i love the cheeky kiwi that jams in the corner of all your pics :)

$NZ125?!?!? thats phenomenal! definitely let us know how it sounds then mate

Archived