Didnt even realise which forum I was posting in :facepalm:

Ive never been sure why the early whammys are so sought after, are they really that much better than the new one?

I've had the whammy I, II, and IV, and honestly... I don't think there's much of a difference. The only real difference I remember is the IV being a little more glitchy and having more of an affect on the bypassed tone.

It's certainly not a $500+ difference (take a look on ebay - the first ones are going for as much as $800 :stunned: )

It's probably because Tom Morello uses one.

Yeah I thought it might be more of a mojo thing.

i got some mojo today, those (ac126) were the last few retail germanium transistors in my country. i gotta get the rest from ebay and stuff if i need more.

i need some mullards for an authentic tonebender mkii, they go for ridiculous prices on ebay :(

mojof.jpg

Just bought an acoustic off eBay. I was at work when the item was due to end so I bid £157 before I left, got back and it turned out I had won with a bid of £155.

Random number bids ftw. Should be with me in a few days, although the guy selling it seemed pretty clueless about guitars, so I hope he packages it properly. He only listed the item as "acoustic guitar" (rather than Fender CD140SCE)

Just bought this - wanted something a bit more versatile. Going to put my other delay pedal up for sale in a second.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUubLP5hVi4

Can you Edge now?

BTW this toneprint thing looks awesome, it would be cool to hack it somehow or get a usb port scanner to monitor all the data what gets sent to the pedal, maybe there are hidden parameters or something.

Can you Edge now?

BTW this toneprint thing looks awesome, it would be cool to hack it somehow or get a usb port scanner to monitor all the data what gets sent to the pedal, maybe there are hidden parameters or something.

Not sure yet. I really just got this one because it looks incredibly versatile, is fairly small, and probably won't break down like a certain other fancy delay I used to have...

And yeah, I'm definitely going to check that toneprint thing out, but I'm not sure how useful it will be.

It's too bad, because they're really great pedals as far as the sounds they can get. I wonder why Line6 doesn't change the production on them, it's not like this is a new problem. The pedal is, what, like 10 years old? :facepalm: It can't be that hard to build so the switches aren't mounted to the PCB...although I defer to Neil and Pear here :chuckle:

It's too bad, because they're really great pedals as far as the sounds they can get. I wonder why Line6 doesn't change the production on them, it's not like this is a new problem. The pedal is, what, like 10 years old? :facepalm: It can't be that hard to build so the switches aren't mounted to the PCB...although I defer to Neil and Pear here :chuckle:

I don't know why they've not attempted to update them at all. Potential is there to create something really special.

Exactly! I'd buy one if I thought it was sturdy

Not just that, being stuck with 3 presets only is pretty useless, unless you only use 3 settings, updating the converters to get rid of some of the tone suckage on some of the models would also help a lot.

261730_1636877741058_1810194839_1006517_6914264_n.jpg

Brought this today for £45 :D I brought it from Cash Converters (so it was probably stolen, or found in a skip) and after a clean up and a change of strings, its in pretty good condition, except from a few bumps and scratches :LOL:

Sounds very similar to a strat from what I can tell, Tremolol arm is okay, one of the tone knobs is broken and it doesn't have a strap thing (?) at the bottom :LOL:

p1030479g.jpg

I stumbled upon this article about this ugly fucker: http://www.thegigrig.com/acatalog/TheGigRig.com_Arion_SCH-1.html

That link sounded kinda bullshit and i've seen a local ad selling it for 60$ so i decided to get one to see if it's true, there were not too much risks in it because i can sell it on ebay for twice the price or more because it looks like someone used it for a week after purchase and then boxed it for 20-30 years. The few little shits you can see on it are actually just dirt and are removable with your finger.

It's awesome. It sounds better than my fancyparts modded Small Clone and the noise levels are a bit lower than the SC. I don't even want to sell it but it belongs in a TBP loop because of the shit buffer and i should mod it for a bit lower volume because it is not exactly unity volume.

Archived