I've just bought my first Manson guitar:

http://mansons.co.uk/shopping/categories/manson-custom-electric-guitars/manson/ma2-electric-guitar/

*holds breath, but is very excited* :D

Awesome, I think you're the first one from the board to get one

did you play it first? i played that one, its nice, but not the best.

Don't be so mean, they've just spent over £1000 on their first Manson :p

Don't be so mean, they've just spent over £1000 on their first Manson :p

:$ sowwy didnt mean to come across as mean!!! i'd love to have that beast! i was just curious to see what someone else thought.

Really? :$ I've been thinking about getting one for a long time and now seems to a good time for me, so I just went for it!

:$ sowwy didnt mean to come across as mean!!! i'd love to have that beast! i was just curious to see what someone else thought.

It's ok :) each to their own. It could be the worst Manson in the world, but it's going to be mine and I can't wait! :LOL:

Really? :$ I've been thinking about getting one for a long time and now seems to a good time for me, so I just went for it!

It's ok :) each to their own. It could be the worst Manson in the world, but it's going to be mine and I can't wait! :LOL:

loads of musers (and other nutjobs on this board who arent musers) have custom built mansons, but not the MAs!

i just didn't like the MA 2 they had in stock, you can really tell the difference between that and the other hugh + tim hand built guitars they have in stock. but it is less pricy haha im actually really tempted in one with a sustainer mod, cos i loved the sound, but i would get them to change the neck to a lacquered birdseye.

it's a pretty amazing guitar though! just not as great as hugh's creations :LOL:

You think it's that bad? MA-2 isn't much different.

its a good guitar I'm sure. Don't worry what everyone else thinks.

As JoshH said, don't worry. I was kidding with the MA1 comment. I'm sure you'll be pleased with the MA2, Mansons wouldn't put it out if it didn't meet their high standards :)

As JoshH said, don't worry. I was kidding with the MA1 comment. I'm sure you'll be pleased with the MA2, Mansons wouldn't put it out if it didn't meet their high standards :)

Haha, no worries guys, I'm still looking forward to it :)

Just had a look on that link for the MA-2 and noticed a couple of things.

#1) The option between rosewood and maple fingerboard. I haven't really considered details like this for when I sort my custom out (which might now be a lot sooner than originally planned =D), but I think I was assuming I'd have rosewood fingerboard on maple neck, as that's what everything else seems to have XD. Any differences in sound or feel that I should think about?

#2) The option for, and I laughed at this, a "Genuine Z-Vex Fuzz Factory Installation" (no fake models here folks!). I then noticed the price of it being £350-360 to install it. Seems a bit steep no? Just wondered why it was so expensive. Or because it's popular enough that they can?

Just had a look on that link for the MA-2 and noticed a couple of things.

#1) The option between rosewood and maple fingerboard. I haven't really considered details like this for when I sort my custom out (which might now be a lot sooner than originally planned =D), but I think I was assuming I'd have rosewood fingerboard on maple neck, as that's what everything else seems to have XD. Any differences in sound or feel that I should think about?

#2) The option for, and I laughed at this, a "Genuine Z-Vex Fuzz Factory Installation" (no fake models here folks!). I then noticed the price of it being £350-360 to install it. Seems a bit steep no? Just wondered why it was so expensive. Or because it's popular enough that they can?

as far as sound goes, i find maple a little brighter. and it doesn't feel as .. soft?

That's including the pedal, and apparently they can only use the hand painted ones.

as far as sound goes, i find maple a little brighter. and it doesn't feel as .. soft?

That's including the pedal, and apparently they can only use the hand painted ones.

Cool, thanks. I'll probably stick with rosewood then.

But it's exactly the same circuitry? I think someone might be telling porky pies in order to slap on an extra £100 profit margin! :LOL:

But it's exactly the same circuitry? I think someone might be telling porky pies in order to slap on an extra £100 profit margin! :LOL:

It has to do with the construction of the pedal apparently

if you buy your own pedal (either the vexter or teh ultimate green one) they'll put it in for less i think.

Archived