:LOL: I'm presuming it's somewhere here in the south west, that particular breed is a very old, rare British breed and to my knowledge doesn't do too well elsewhere in the world. As he talks about lots of hills I'd guess the farm is actually in Dorset or Devon, it's seriously hilly around there... lots of ups and downs. Not suitable for a crop like hemp, I'd have thought :erm:

+1

I'm actually trying to think of possible areas near where I live where his farm might be located. :$ ...:LOL:

I'm such a nerd, I'm looking up the micron count for that breed and thinking "hmm that's a pretty good grade of fleece, I could spin some of that"..... :LOL:

:LOL: Nice!

I'm actually tempted to track down the whereabouts of this farm of his and stalk him over the course of next year when they're not touring. :ninja:

I'll happily shear sheep for you Matt, I'm in need of a first job! :awesome:

Anyway, I was looking up stuff about Dorset Downs…

Dorset Down rams will work at any time of the year, and because of their exceptionally high pheromone count also make very good teasers.

Its usual to put 40 to 50 ewes to one ram which is quite capable of serving some 20 ewes in 24 hours.

The British Wool Marketing Board classes Dorset Down wool as one of the highest grades in the country; considerable quantities of it go to the hosiery trade.

:LOL: Trust Matt to get pervy sheep.

Or maybe it's just me. :$

Anyway, I was looking up stuff about Dorset Downs…

Dorset Down rams will work at any time of the year, and because of their exceptionally high pheromone count also make very good teasers.

Its usual to put 40 to 50 ewes to one ram which is quite capable of serving some 20 ewes in 24 hours.

The British Wool Marketing Board classes Dorset Down wool as one of the highest grades in the country; considerable quantities of it go to the hosiery trade.

:LOL: Trust Matt to get pervy sheep.

Or maybe it's just me. :$

:LOL:

Archived